Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link

Comments

• CD_2012CD_2012 Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

I haven't been here for a few days, I was hoping that they changed the appearence of the Forums.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Okay, just how many of these are going to show up now?

I know I have one here myself, but now these kinds of topics are beginning to clutter up the forums...

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited June 2012

I have a question regarding the old forums. With none of the post showing images, is there any way to change the url link to see the images? Or are those images just gone forever?

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Paste the postimages/origimage_1_3412920.jpg at the end of http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/. So it should look like this

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_1_3412920.jpg

• FWIWFWIW Posts: 320
    edited December 1969

What is the difference between suspend and cancel when it comes to your pc membership?

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Okay... I'll bite, where did the member's only forum go?

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:

It's my understanding that DAZ took the Members Only forum down to work on the monthly coupon problem. Don't worry--it will be back DAZ s--n. :roll:

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
  • renecyberdocrenecyberdoc Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

hi i cant log into the platinum forum either.
    ([email protected]) my login.
    and i cant see the vouchers either.

rené

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK when I pre-wrote my response (safer to do so in Notepad as it doesn't log you out or make your browser error out)
    My problem was that I edited inline, and didn't paste to text often enough. Had to go through a giant PM, trying to figure out where I had those last-minute edits...

But that had to wait until I figured out the login-loop. :-/

Appears they got the reminder links working correctly (though I thought in the FAQ it mentioned this couldn't be done).
    That should read: "This is a limitation of the forum software, until we hack it." (Or add a module).
    But they have to keep hacking to a minimum until they get all the weird bugs stomped.

Also looks as if the thread sorting has been fixed.
    Sorta. Ouch, 'sort-a'. Pun not intended.

So I guess there has been some progress.

Yeah, it's like when contractors tear up the place, and you can't even see the progress for a week.

"Well, they've laid enough floorboards to get to the bathroom, now." :blank:

However we still need a solution to the Itemised Order History. At the very least, there should be a "show all" or "go to page #" option if a "filter by date ordered" is unfeasible.

Ooof. Fought that mess Thursday, during those outages & slowdowns. I wanted to see if Mimic Pro was ever updated (nope).
    At about 3 minutes per click... I got to the "L"'s (15 pages), and hit a persistent "too many connections".
    Tried going one page at a time and still hit it. Had to jump over it, keep going, and work my way back.

Soon as I downloaded, the forum logged me out. Aaaaaand Ann pops in, oh sorry Ann I spotted some stupid mistakes in a post.

So I tried to log out of my account, to log into the forums (login loop). Hourglassed for about 20 minutes, until the place went dark for another 20 minutes.

(I don't think anyone read my goofs, though, it wasn't in Commons).

I've watched a lot of these bugs hit other folks, while I skate on past. But when bugs hit me, they swarm. :gulp:
    Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the My Downloads page in the old store also show the file sizes? Not a burning issue ATM but would be nice to have eventually.
    Yeah, they'll get to it. S... Be nice to see the progress while I download. Download managers could get exact file sizes, again...

Siiiiiigh... the day it's all done, and...

Ack! Have to try not to think about it. One day at a time...

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited June 2012

What is the difference between suspend and cancel when it comes to your pc membership?
    I don't think I've heard of "suspend" for PC.

Now I'm curious.

But I can't check : "You have no subscriptions"

I still have have the $1.99 pricing, and I still get into the member's forum. So I'll give it some time, see if it sorts itself out, before I holler at support.

Edit: See next post - by WandW
    Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:

There is info here; it's being worked on...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1145/

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited December 1969

For those wishing to view information located on the old forums, you can view them here:
    (Please note any special forums are currently not viewable)

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/index.php

Would you mind setting the old Forms so we can view the images.
    I know there are people who would like to retrieve some of those.

Thank you
    Haslor

edited December 1969

It will be worked on when this current site is up and running how they want it to.

edited December 1969

I was logged out while very active. Is this rare or common?

By "active", I don't mean editing text in a post/PM. I'd posted, started clicking through pages, decided to reply somewhere - logged out.

Curious about it.

And there's been an annoying little change in the login-loop thing, to report.
    (Of course, I have to log out at the store/my account, in order to log into the forums).

Once I log in, I'm now left in My Dashboard. It used to redirect me back to the forum page I was on. :long:

Sigh... another weekend... at least this one is only 2 days.

edited December 1969

Yep, it seems to be common. They have been made aware of the problem. It is quite annoying. It just happened to me before reading this thread.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

One step forward, two steps back.

Dana

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,201
    edited December 1969

Fortunately it's usually possible to log out (which may entail going through a second page if the log in button takes you straight to your account) and log back in again to complete the task. But it is annoying, and happening a lot.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...a couple positives.

Download resets occur almost instantly.

Downloading seems to go much faster than before. I just DL'd one purchase I made before the site change (from home even), and it only took a few minutes instead of a half hour or more.

...things that still need work.

The FF Downloads Window now indicates an "unknown time" for all DLs (this could also be an FF setting issue though it doesn't occur on other sites)

There are no file sizes listed anywhere. Not in an order summary, The Itemised Order List, or even on the Product's store page.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

The FF Downloads Window now indicates an "unknown time" for all DLs (this could also be an FF setting issue though it doesn't occur on other sites)

There are no file sizes listed anywhere. Not in an order summary, The Itemised Order List, or even on the Product's store page.

Number two is why number one is an issue. In order for the download window to show progress and estimated time left, it has to know how big the file is. Not only is the store not telling you how big it is, it's not telling FireFox how big it is. That seems to be a very basic omission. I'd like to say that it is easily fixed, but I have no idea, really.

Dana

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited June 2012

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Number two is why number one is an issue. In order for the download window to show progress and estimated time left, it has to know how big the file is. Not only is the store not telling you how big it is, it's not telling FireFox how big it is. That seems to be a very basic omission. I'd like to say that it is easily fixed, but I have no idea, really.

Dana

I would guess that it is affiliated with the errors that my FixDaz utility was written to repair. There is a PHP error happening that is cascading down the chain.

EDIT: Yes and no. The errors are being caused by preparatory code for the download manager. It seems that the default magento download routines do not provide a download size. I'm looking into it, maybe I can provide DAZ with the necessary fix(es) to make this happen.

EDIT2: OK. Wrong again. Just browsed the code... Magento can provide the download size, but several conditions must be met. However, the error in the custom download manager code that DAZ has (had) written is failing out and causing the necessary header information to not be sent. Since this is custom DAZ code not available to other Magento owners there's not much I can do to help.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

I think I may have found part of the issue that is causing the need for my utility. Since some DAZ folk are montioring this thread: How do you want me to pass along the possible problem and fix? There's no place for this in the bug tracker, and I doubt this should be aired in public.

Kendall

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,201
    edited December 1969

If you make a bug report to the Web search area you should be bale to mark it private, which will allow only DAZ to read it. Then if you post the link here or PM it we can pass it on.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Dana

It's an annoying thing - so far it has bitten me twice. Once with a 'completed' download, which turned out to be corrupt (even though it was the same size as a later re-try which was fine. The second was with a hung download which, of course, only permitted FireFox to report 1 download active, unknown time remaining, After a goodly while I got bored and checked and it became clear it had been going nowhere for, maybe, 30 or so minutes. A pause/resume caused the download to fail (I thought resumption was going to be permitted?). A re-download worked.

• MegarigMegarig Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Not sure if this has been discussed or not, and right now don't have time to look over 18 pages...I tried to upload a render (.jpg) to someone's thread (I've removed it, so not to be rude), but when I tried to upload I got a message that said the filetype I am trying to use is not allowed. Can I not upload .jpg files?

edited December 1969

Megarig said:
    Not sure if this has been discussed or not, and right now don't have time to look over 18 pages...I tried to upload a render (.jpg) to someone's thread (I've removed it, so not to be rude), but when I tried to upload I got a message that said the filetype I am trying to use is not allowed. Can I not upload .jpg files?

What was the filename of the image? It is possible that there may have been a problem with the name and not the image type itself.

Kendall

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

THe old forum didn't like .JPG as a suffix, would only upload .jpg. Could that problem have carried over ?

• MegarigMegarig Posts: 88
    edited June 2012

The name of the file is just "girl_by_wall", and I'm pretty sure it's a .jpg suffix.

Post edited by Megarig on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Megarig said:
    The name of the file is just "girl_by_wall", and I'm pretty sure it's a .jpg suffix.

You may want to display filetype and check -- it may be that the site is seeing it as no filetype.

edited December 1969

I would guess that it is affiliated with the errors that my FixDaz utility was written to repair. There is a PHP error happening that is cascading down the chain.

EDIT: Yes and no. The errors are being caused by preparatory code for the download manager. It seems that the default magento download routines do not provide a download size. I'm looking into it, maybe I can provide DAZ with the necessary fix(es) to make this happen.

EDIT2: OK. Wrong again. Just browsed the code... Magento can provide the download size, but several conditions must be met. However, the error in the custom download manager code that DAZ has (had) written is failing out and causing the necessary header information to not be sent. Since this is custom DAZ code not available to other Magento owners there's not much I can do to help.

Kendall

It seems that this Magento doesn't do a whole hell of a lot of what DAZ3D needs it to do...seems like just a fundamentally bad choice. And now a bunch of custom code is being written, with error all its own as you pointed out, and it seems that this will become as complex and unstable as the site they have moved away from. :blank:

Dana

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Don't know if this has been reported before, but just the last day or two, smileys no longer seem to be displaying in new posts.........:-/