Comments

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

well its about time i did another dino render

Dino-print-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 460K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited December 1969

big bro is around!.. lurking in the shadows maybe....

I was thinking the same the other day.. I have done another render but couldn't find the thread for some reason then got sidetracked!!

and forgot!

edited December 1969

i've been wanting to do a dino footprint render for some time. The footprint was done with the Hi-Res Square in Poser's Primitives. I used the morph tool in PP 2014 to "Fit" the plane to the T-rex's foot, Then simply deleted the T-rex. I added a circular ground plane for the water and used the wave deformer to add ripples to the water.

edited December 1969

my latest dino render....

T-rex-loose.jpg
    1455 x 1080 - 228K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I did this one for the Carrara Movie Night Challenge.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31940/

Holocene_Park_screening-captioned.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I think this one turned out pretty well. My nephews got a kick out of it when they saw the final composite.

feeding-spike.jpg
    2000 x 1424 - 1M
    edited December 1969

lol those are awesome

edited December 1969

This is one that was inspired by some artist named Boris. Maybe you've seen his work? ;-)

The-Guardian.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 853K
    edited December 1969

This composite made me want to experiment with compositing an animation.

I should all mention these are Carrara renders.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8puXTRXt7Y

This one is actually my very first composite animation. I did this way back in Carrara 5. I could never get the Transposer plugin to work, so I brought in Digital I's T-Rex object file and rigged it myself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taejI7yb2R0

Dinos-in-pasture02.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1010K
    edited December 1969

lol those were great evilproducer, thanks so much for sharing

edited December 1969

My pleasure.

There are some great renders in this thread. I wish I had known about it sooner.

edited December 1969

missed a whole year.. where does time go?

awesome stuff :-)

edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    missed a whole year.. where does time go?

awesome stuff :-)

You forgot that time that was in the year you missed

edited June 2016

Did this one in the Feb/March Carrara challenge smiley

Post edited by Stezza on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow so glad this thread popped up.  I am now much more motivated to try out the new dinos I got.  These are great!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

"the end is nigh!!" or "run dinos, run!" LOL

great render!

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited February 2016

Ooga Booga

Post edited by JVRenderer on

Wow so glad this thread popped up.  I am now much more motivated to try out the new dinos I got.  These are great!

look forward to what you come up with smiley

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528

and the house pet....

Moooooom!!!!! We're out of Hot Pockets!

First real render using Poser 11 Pro's Superfly rendering. Thanx to some very generous friends and a well time sale I was finally able to get Poser 11, yay, and of course if i am testing something out i am testing it with dinosaurs. 

The_Hunters.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 638K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited June 2016

First real render using Poser 11 Pro's Superfly rendering. Thanx to some very generous friends and a well time sale I was finally able to get Poser 11, yay, and of course if i am testing something out i am testing it with dinosaurs. 

That looks pretty cool.

"omg i just saw a dinosuar in ward B!"

"uh-huh, thats it william the doctor said if you don't take your pills, and keep telling everyone about the "dinosaurs" they were going to use the elektro shoc-aaaaggghhh!" Crunch.

sorry that was pteroble.... i'll let my self out

Post edited by DireBunny on
    DireBunny said:

That looks pretty cool.

"uh-huh, thats it william the doctor said if you don't take your pills, and keep telling everyone about the "dinosaurs" they were going to use the elektro shoc-aaaaggghhh!" Crunch.

sorry that was pteroble

Hey DB!!! not seen you in forever, how ya been?

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    DireBunny said:

That looks pretty cool.

sorry that was pteroble

Hey DB!!! not seen you in forever, how ya been?

not to bad, yeah not been around here much,(or at allreall) mostly on devientart or facebook now, but i stop and lurk once in a while and had to comment when i saw you post lol.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited June 2016

Here's one I did a while back for a contest...

Entrance Exam.jpg
    1159 x 1500 - 789K
    Post edited by Cybersox on

Here's one I did a while back for a contest...

nice colors on the Spinosaur, the red really pops

• pdspds Posts: 593

Some really fantastic renders here! I'm looking forward to trying my hand at some as well and was curious if anyone had pointers on setting up their dinos to get the best results with Iray (beyond the obvious of applying the Iray uber shader to relevant surfaces). I've picked up a few models from the Daz store and Rendo, but none are directly set up or optimized for use with Iray.

I'm also interested in whether anyone has any prehistoric era plants/trees they prefer (particularly any that render well in Iray).

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Dinoraul over at Rendo has quite a few prehistoric plants, As far as Iray settings, there really isn't much yo need to do. I find that a small amount of tweaking 3DL settings works fine, just need to experiment a bit.

Dinoraul over at Rendo has quite a few prehistoric plants, As far as Iray settings, there really isn't much yo need to do. I find that a small amount of tweaking 3DL settings works fine, just need to experiment a bit.

Thank you for the input, FSMCDesigns! I did see quite a gallery of Dinoraul's plants at Rendo when I grabbed several of his dinosaurs, but as his renders seem to be done in Poser (with whatever its 3DL equivalent engine is), I wasn't sure how realistically some of the plants and trees would render in Iray.

pds said:

Thank you for the input, FSMCDesigns! I did see quite a gallery of Dinoraul's plants at Rendo when I grabbed several of his dinosaurs, but as his renders seem to be done in Poser (with whatever its 3DL equivalent engine is), I wasn't sure how realistically some of the plants and trees would render in Iray.

Dinoraul does most of his renders in Vue. Not sure how similar Iray is to Superfly but I know I have to use different material settings in Superfly than I do for Firefly, I don't use Studio so not much help there really

pds said:

Dinoraul does most of his renders in Vue. Not sure how similar Iray is to Superfly but I know I have to use different material settings in Superfly than I do for Firefly, I don't use Studio so not much help there really

Thanks, LycanthropeX, my mistake...I didn't consider that possibility (Vue). Regardless, I'm looking forward to experimenting!