Photos by Tako

13»

Comments

• pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

@Vaskania
    Ah, makes sense to me now. Interesting though, I just noticed that although neither of those two Sigmas twist, the other one has a round hood whereas mine has a petal hood.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I get it, I think the petal hoods are mainly for wide-angle and the round hoods are for telephoto!

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

pumeco said:
    I get it, I think the petal hoods are mainly for wide-angle and the round hoods are for telephoto!

Normally yea, but they work much better for a USM lens. I was constantly fixing my petal directions as I zoomed in/out (the longer sides need to be on top/bottom of the lens). Pain in the rear....

I can probably use it on my 50mm prime no problem, but seeing as I stopped using the hood prior to me even buying my prime, I'd need to find the damn thing first. LOL
  • Tako YakidaTako Yakida Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

pumeco said:
    @Justin
    This is your photo thread and I kinda feel like I'm invading it with all this stuff. People come here to see your photos after all, so don't be too polite to tell me to take it to a separate thread if you wish.

I've been waiting for my new lens in the mail which is why I haven't been posting. I sent my other one back so am without a lens at the moment.

@Everyone:
    You know, for stuff like these conversations, or disagreements, I would like you to know PM's work, but you have to specifically click the checkbox "Store a copy in the Sent messages folder?" for it to appear in your sent box. But even if you don't click it, it should send to the recipient. ;-)

Just something to keep in mind for the future. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

@Everyone:
    You know, for stuff like these conversations, or disagreements, I would like you to know PM's work, but you have to specifically click the checkbox "Store a copy in the Sent messages folder?" for it to appear in your sent box. But even if you don't click it, it should send to the recipient. ;-)

Just something to keep in mind for the future. :)

Thankyou for that comment Tako.:)

edited December 1969

No problem, chohole. :)

And while we wait for my new lens, I will post an old photo I never got around to posting anywhere.

It's some sort of insect. Perhaps a damselfly.

damselfly_800.jpg
    800 x 533 - 80K
    edited December 1969

Wonder what he's reaching for? :ohh:
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

Perhaps he is trying to heal my cut finger. :D

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

Perhaps he is trying to heal my cut finger. :D

"Oooouuuuuccchhhhhh"

/ET reference