How to I insert blank frames between key frames in an animation?

HentaiTentacleHentaiTentacle Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I started an animation and made a figure do a few motions. Then I decided that half way though I'd like the figure to do something else between two key frames. The problem is I can't find out how to add more blank frames.

This seems like such a basic thing clearly I must be missing the option somewhere, but where is it ?

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I started an animation and made a figure do a few motions. Then I decided that half way though I'd like the figure to do something else between two key frames. The problem is I can't find out how to add more blank frames.

This seems like such a basic thing clearly I must be missing the option somewhere, but where is it ?

I just go to where I want to add new on the timeline - add new motion ( that will add new key ) - hope thats what you want to do .
    or you could render out in parts and put them together in your video editor .

• HentaiTentacleHentaiTentacle Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I want to add new blank frames, not key frames.

For instance say I have a figure that takes a couple of seconds to move their arms and legs, then I decide I actually want them to do another movement in the middle that lasts 5 seconds. I want to add blank fames in the middle and delete blank frames come to that so I can get the timing sorted out properly.

I can't believe DAZ does't have this feature.

• Virtual MediaVirtual Media Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Sadly Daz Studio lacks terribly in animation capabilities, I don't say this to be a jerk, I say this because I hope if enough people push the issue Daz will put some time and effort into the animation capabilities of DS.

DS4 is such an amazing application it's a damn shame animation is so limited.

• HentaiTentacleHentaiTentacle Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So, basically if I want to animate I have to use poser, but I have a character made with genesis. Which I can't use easily in poser. I've looked online and I see that poser also has two figure IK constraints which is great, DAZ is lacking this. Its disappointing that I can't use DAZ for animating.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

the other way would be to use aniMate ( full version )
    easy to do if you have it .

• AnymatterAnymatter Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

yup same here, generally i'll animate in poser , then export them into daz. in your case , i'll just convert the motion into aniblock 1st. splitting the aniblock is analogous to adding a blank keyframes between the motions u created previously ??? u can always add an aniblock( the xtra animation u desired) between them...

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited June 2012

You can save the keyframed pose using either Puppeteer or (menu top left of Parameters) Memorize, then delete the keyframe, and go to the frame where you want the pose to be, and click either the Puppeteer dot or (menu) Restore.

Or use DS3 and Geppetto, where you can move keyframes.

Post edited by carolinebegbie on