Bye Bye Daz3d

Comments

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:

Ideally, in normal times. But economic times were weighing on the market. The thing holding skeptic potential customers back was the ridiculous shoulders in clothes, and the goofy bodies in nudie pix. There were fixes, but they were somewhat pose-specific at that time.
    Suddenly, a mess of very capable Generation 4 shoulder, hip, and leg morphs appeared.
    And people like me have them because we luvz our V4 and want her to be purrr-fect. :-) Yes, this can be achieved via the V4 morph for Genesis but that doesn't do well in DS3A.
    For Daz's irregular course, I'd love to watch the inevitable factions go at it in the meetings.

*snicker* ... Fly on the wall much ... :lol:
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited October 2012

Kludge said:
    KageRyu said:

Doesn't make sense to me that so many keep saying the OP said he was leaving the hobby when that's not what was said in the OP. The OP said he was leaving Daz because it is predominentyl Genesis now, the PC has less and less he finds useful, and he is not a DS user. That's world's different than leaving the hobby.

Hmmm ... Going back, you're right. Not sure how I got the idea he was leaving the hobby. Or was it someone else that started that line of thought? Dunno now. Apologies to all for that blorf on my part.

After I mentioned that CD_2012 quit the hobby, someone got mixed up.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6089/P225/#110149

More detail:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2981/P15/#43516
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/97/P45/#7746
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/97/P15/#2016

Sounds like he'd already lost interest in rendering, and was displeased with the new forum software.

Kludge said:
    T Jaiman said:

Ideally, in normal times. But economic times were weighing on the market. The thing holding skeptic potential customers back was the ridiculous shoulders in clothes, and the goofy bodies in nudie pix. There were fixes, but they were somewhat pose-specific at that time.
    Suddenly, a mess of very capable Generation 4 shoulder, hip, and leg morphs appeared.

And people like me have them because we luvz our V4 and want her to be purrr-fect. :-) Yes, this can be achieved via the V4 morph for Genesis but that doesn't do well in DS3A.

Yeah, I could see how it could be a problem in there. :)

I wish those had come out sooner, but it was remarkable that they happened when they did.

I've got some wishlisted, in case DS3A runs on my next machine, and I find some reason to run it.

For Daz's irregular course, I'd love to watch the inevitable factions go at it in the meetings.

Only in my dreams. :)

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • KageRyuKageRyu Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Some of the reasons Cd_2012 left the hobby had little to do with Daz, Genesis, the forums, or the new site - though those may have contributed to already growing frustration. I recall a few threads he had posted in the old forums that were later deleted where he discussed events that were more likely the cause of his loss of interest in the hobby (or significant contributors to it to say the least). The current chain of events and changes to ShareCG likely also added to his growing Discontent...but I can only speculate as I am not he.

From what I do know of events, his reasons were anything but childish or selfish, and though I am sad he will no longer be making freebies or rendering in the various contests, I do understand why he would have left the hobby.

Post edited by KageRyu on
  • GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited October 2012

RKane_1 said:
    Nevermind...

Have a nice day!

:)

Post edited by Graze on
    edited December 1969

As I have said, it is the DS users that continue to be demeaning, trying to oversimplify the issue, and keep the app wars going and feeding the growing rift in the community. It has been said many times by many people that they are not leaving because of 1 single product - but that's what some always try to turn it into.

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited October 2012

RKane_1 said:
    Nevermind...

Have a nice day!

Post edited by Graze on
    edited October 2012

Or I could point to and list the thousands of DS only products?
    Oh wait, I am sure you are already familiar with them - you just want to keep agrivating the situation with misinformed statements.

Tell you what, when one of the Brockerages that YOU buy content at, that not only has ALWAYS supported your software since it's inception, but was BUILT on that software and it's users suddenly STOPS and floods the market with incompatible software and the forum users post inacurate and downright insulting comments when you mention it, maybe you will understand - until then why do you feel the need just to try and escalate an already tense situation and create more bad blood when the premise of both of your posts were not the premise of the thread in the first place?

Especially given most of your coments ONLY hold true with either Legacy products made before DS3A even, or products made by Published Artists or Daz itself to try to keep the poser users who are disatisfied with current events and fleeing - which there is no shortage of DS only content being released DAILY.

Post edited by KageRyu on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

KageRyu said:
    As I have said, it is the DS users that continue to be demeaning, trying to oversimplify the issue, and keep the app wars going and feeding the growing rift in the community. It has been said many times by many people that they are not leaving because of 1 single product - but that's what some always try to turn it into.

I must respectfully disagree with you. In my experience, I have seen whole threads regarding completely different topics hijacked by people who want to do nothing more than complain about the lack of V4 and M4 product. I have seen three posts at minimum hijacked by one particular person who complained and then others chimed in with "Here, here."

As far as I see, DAZ is still supporting the V4 and M4 product as well as Genesis. Are they backing Genesis more right now? Absolutely. It is their new product and many of us have embraced it. I have but I don't belittle other for choosing V4 or M4 as those are great products out there. Would I love to see more multi-figure clothes products? Absolutely, but from what I understand, it is easier to make clothing for Genesis. I also understand there are ample sites such as Renderosity and RuntimeDNA who still fully support these figures. Also if you look at the number of outfits available for V4 and M4 here at DAZ, then Genesis frankly has a lot of catching up to do.

If there is a thread stating the topic is about Genesis and how much someone loves it or the new renders they made with it, then please do not hijack the thread. That is extremely rude.

If you want to leave DAZ, please do so. I have a feeling you will be back soon enough with the news of Genesis for Poser being a possibility on the horizon..... (notice I did not use the word..."soon") :)

As for what the original poster said, I think it horrible that people have skewed what they said, but even worse is the original posters threat of blowing up a school bus full of kittens unless DAZ immediately makes a Millenium cow.... oh wait... was that this thread?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Please can we stay away from the DAZ Studio V Poser or DS users v Poser users type discussions. Thankyou.

edited October 2012

Nevermind...

Have a nice day!

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Anyone else laughing at this point. It's the longest Bye Bye Daz3d ever. Probably.

edited October 2012

So...

Anyway.

Hows things goin', Chohole?

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    Kludge said:

Hmmm ... Going back, you're right. Not sure how I got the idea he was leaving the hobby. Or was it someone else that started that line of thought? Dunno now. Apologies to all for that blorf on my part.
    Ahhh, that's where the mix up happened. This explains many, many things.
    Kludge said:

Yeah, I could see how it could be a problem in there. :)
    I wish those had come out sooner, but it was remarkable that they happened when they did.
    I'm using Ironman13's stuff which makes a major difference plus it works well as an integrated system. There are other choices, just I13's were the ones I got first.
    I've got some wishlisted, in case DS3A runs on my next machine, and I find some reason to run it.

Hmmm ... I've got a rather undernourished 32 bit system (by today's standards) and even DS4.5 works. A bit slow but it works. However I pointed out in another post, that may be just dumb luck.

Only in my dreams. :)
    I remember a few meetings like that when I was still more or less gainfully employed. Things got a little heated sometimes to the point that we were heard on other floors.
    edited December 1969

I like turtles!

:D

• GumpOtakuGumpOtaku Posts: 106
    edited October 2012

Back to ur sides... take a deep breath, and come back to the center... :cheese:

Post edited by GumpOtaku on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2012

RKane_1 said:
    I like turtles!

:D

Ninja turtles? Err I mean Turtle Dudes?

turtle_dude.jpg
    397 x 483 - 47K
    Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

turtle.jpg
    300 x 259 - 7K
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Should we send virtual fruitbaskets or rogaine to our mods for the hair they've surely lost over the last year? ;) We love ya ;)

edited December 1969

GumpOtaku said:
    cue the lock with the master keys in 3...2...1...

NOOO

LOL real funny lars!

edited December 1969

Chohole,

Do you want the fruit basket or the Rogaine? Or another hat? ;)

edited October 2012

Howz about dis? Mah 30th posts!

dangersign.jpg
    375 x 500 - 34K
    Post edited by GumpOtaku on
    edited December 1969

Yes, what Male-M3dia said.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

For the removal of doubt: it is not acceptable to speculate on the locking of a thread, that serves merely to make things more fraught.

edited October 2012

Chohole,

Do you want the fruit basket or the Rogaine? Or another hat? ;)

I think we would prefer the fruit basket. I think we are all basket cases by now.
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Yes, what Male-M3dia said.

Yes, fruit baskets and rogaine! And rendering your favorite character... speaking of which, I probably need to be doing that.

edited December 1969

Since I'm around, might as well post my opinion....

First, I am sick to death of app wars. I see no point in goodbye threads other than to show that they are sticking it to the oppressors by stuffing their wallets in their pockets. almost 99.05% of goodbye threads are locked on arrival because there are a few folks who choose to take the moment to bash anything Genesis. This is the rare exception.

Second, no one really knows what it would take to make Genesis 100% usable in Poser. I have seen the statements made on both ends, but it's the users of both apps who made the actions to move it forward.

Finally, because all of the artwork that one can do on both apps, what's there to argue about?

I look forward to DAZ's big move in this regard.

~GO

edited December 1969

Okay, after much corner breathing I have edited my thoughts down to a post and made sure that it succinct and non-inflammatory...

(at least I hope it is... I feel I have some good points and it is relevant to the original posters post.... so here goes)

I do not like the assertion that DS users are the "them" and M4 and V4 users are the "us"? No. I reject that. We are all DAZ model users and divisive rhetoric attempting to separate people into "us" and "them" is one of the core problems with discussions such as those in this thread. If you can safely start a debate with "People like you..." or "You people..." then please analyze what you say before you say it. We are all DAZ model users. Some use a more tried and true model of theirs with tons of support everywhere. I use a newer, more experimental version with some interesting features. Both have their merits and drawbacks.

If you insult a group of users or the product they love, then they are liable to get up in arms regarding the matter. I would not insult V4 or M4 as they are great figures in and of themselves. One could make a case for either figure over Genesis for users not only of Poser but DAZ Studio with the robust amount of support available at many sites including this one for those two models. The sheer variety of items available for them is astounding.

Many are upset because DAZ does not produce as much V4 and M4 figure(s) specific content as they used to. It's like the older sibling becoming jealous of the newer one because of the parent's attention but, the number of items available here for V4 and M4 dwarf those for Genesis. Add to this the support of items from other sites and that Genesis is not being as supported by those sites yet. The big picture is that V4 and M4 have THOUSANDS of products for their use here and also at other locations. Genesis is still in the hundreds comparatively.

DAZ is catching up to help support their new product. Content for V4 and M4 is still being produced and there are many items that are not specific to figure that are being produced as well that may make DAZ and the Platinum Club still worthwhile for an exclusive user of V4 and M4.

But what I don't enjoy or understand is rattling the saber with the threat of leaving instead of just leaving. DAZ is a business. If they see a drop in sales, they have enough presence of mind to adapt and begin creating more content for V4 and M4. If they see that they can make more of a profit by creating Genesis content, then they will continue down that path despite what any posts in this forum state to the contrary.

For those threatening to leave the Platinum Club: If your basis of comparison is ONLY the number of items they are producing currently for V4 and M4 min comparison to the past output in it's heyday when they were newer, then I could see your point. The Platinum Club, I can frankly understand leaving for the time being if it does not benefit you as much currently, but the sheer "moral outrage" manufactured by the overly dramatic assertions that someone is leaving because of it when, in actuality, they are just venting and want to stir the pot themselves in hopes DAZ will drop everything they have in the works for Genesis and come to their beck and call is irritating to those who use the product they are busy supporting.

I respect those who state they are leaving and then do. Those who rant endlessly after stating they are leaving just annoy me and many others, I would imagine. So if those people get backlash, I am sure you can understand why.

Those who like Genesis and those who stick with V4 and M4, are seeing things from a different perspective. Both feel they have valid points. I would indeed be less than happy about some of the changes in the Platinum Club if I were to stick to Poser and V4 and M4, exclusively. I guess the difference is, I would not make a big deal out of it. I would simply leave and take my dollars and go elsewhere knowing that either DAZ will "get with the program" or they won't and my dollars are being well-spent for my needs elsewhere. Right now, I am a DAZ Studio user and spending my money here suits my needs.

I am wondering if something similar to this happen when DAZ came out with Gen 4 over Gen 3? I am sure those people who invested so much into Gen 3 may have been resentful their favorite model; did not have as many new products, if any, coming out for it anymore.

The difference is if you are exclusively a Poser user, you cannot use their newest product Genesis which, I can better understand staying with if that is the case. Poser has many items I would love to see in DAZ (Dynamic clothing that can be manufactured outside of Optitex being the most glaring one.). I would love to see that in DAZ Studio.

I am supporting the original posters desire to leave the Platinum Club and I encourage it. It is good business sense both in the perspective of a Poser user who cannot use much of the content currently being put out. But before you do, you may want to make sure you have EVERYTHING you need purchased from the store while the sales are hot. :) I cannot imagine someone having purchased all of the V4 and M4 content here but I do understand only buying what you need or want.

And I do feel if Genesis were to suddenly become available in Poser with no hiccups and usable to the same extent it is with DAZ Studio, then we would see much of this saber-rattling regarding leaving DAZ altogether or just the Platinum Club end as it is a great figure for the program I use. I can only imagine how many more things might be possible in Poser with it. I believe it is the way of things, though. A newer product with many benefits comes along and replaces an older one. DAZ makes more profit for supporting a new product. When Renderosity and RuntimeDNA start picking up Genesis more, perhaps we will see a Genesis 2.0 ... or a Millenium Cow. ;)

Have a nice day!

And I still like turtles!

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited October 2012

I won't be renewing my PC membership either.
    i haven't used a single coupon/voucher since before the site change, there are only a few pc items i'll end up buying and the poser announcement could be months off and it could be something i'm not interested in, plus the forum is so spiky it turns my stomach.

so it seems silly to just throw money away hoping that something amazing will happen and this thread has only served to make the decision easier

Post edited by adzan on
    edited December 1969

Another turtle

funny-pictures-finding-nemo-surfer-turtle.jpg
    500 x 610 - 52K
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    T Jaiman said:
    Kludge said:

Ahhh, that's where the mix up happened. This explains many, many things.

Why are you looking at me like that? :)

Hmmm ... I've got a rather undernourished 32 bit system (by today's standards) and even DS4.5 works. A bit slow but it works. However I pointed out in another post, that may be just dumb luck.

I was one of handful of people who's Nvidia driver wasn't liked by DS3.

The latest, and rollbacks, didn't help. Then again, my Windows was getting crusty.

It'd crash, randomly, after a few minutes, even if I just started and minimized it.