Is 9mbi.com legit?

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The ONLY reason I ask is the site looks outdated (from previous presidential election) and the sale prices are cheap.

Before I put in my credit card info, does anyone have any kind words or other about them?

Buyer beware, and all.

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

I've only bought a couple of things from them but haven't had any problems from purchaseing from them.

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

I have bought from 9mbi when he was merchant at Renderosity and later when he start present store.
    It is great source for believable everyday outfits.
    I haven't bought much lately because they slowed down considerable on new releases.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

Haven't bought anything in awhile, but have purchased quite a few items in the past. I never use CC for online purchases, but haven't had any issues with them.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I'm of the impression that it's legit but abandoned to computer activity. While the last purchases I made there went through with no problems, the sale rebates I was offered did NOT come through and all the usual forms of contact appeared to be dead. Emails were not answered, nor was site mail. So I stopped shopping there.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Aah...

I knew the "buy one get two free special for the first 24 hours: I was offered was a little too good to be true.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Aah...

I knew the "buy one get two free special for the first 24 hours: I was offered was a little too good to be true.

When they actually paid attention to their site, they were good to their word.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Aah...

I don't know if there are issues happening there recently but I am certain that a lot of people DID get that special. I've gotten a number of wonderful things from them at fabulous prices and have also gotten lots of great freebies.. They also used to sell at eFrontier way back, under a different name.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    RKane_1 said:
    Aah...

When they actually paid attention to their site, they were good to their word.

True.

And yes that's the offer that was a no-go last time I tried. Now the sale prices were/are real good in and of themselves as long as one doesn't mind "gambling" that the entire system will work without human intervention being necessary. Human intervention was required to get the free items. I wonder myself if they lowered the prices in lieu of and just forgot to stop sending out that email offer?

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited October 2012

Greetings,
    I also definitely did NOT get the 'buy one get two' special, and I'd wanted it... I bought a pack of dresses, and a fox. I'm very happy about the fox, but I probably wouldn't have bought the dresses if I'd known the B1G2 special wasn't working anymore.

I should render the fox into an avatar one of these days...

-- Morgan

p.s. I saw 9mbi's name and was going to come here and grumble about how they're a scam, beware, etc., but I remembered the fox and my heart softened a little... http://cypherfox.deviantart.com/art/Girl-with-Fox-in-Woods-328734427

Seriously, their stuff is alright, but for all I know the original folks are dead and it's just a computer, paying its own hosting fees by continuing to sell the digital goods that its erstwhile owners once sold. I'm a little torqued, but I haven't had any freaky charges on my card or anything.

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • edited October 2012

Not certain but I think I read somewhere that the owners have simply moved on to other interests.
    Maybe somebody that knows how to can check with the host company or whoever to be sure it's not just a computer game happening 'cause that's not exactly what we're supposed to be doing on the 'Net.

Edit: oopsie. My reply should have been as Patience55.

Post edited by boudicca36_23f3c1acf1 on
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

I purchased from them earlier this year and did not get the new member promotion either despite several attempts at reaching the vendor.

-MJ

edited December 1969

Not certain but I think I read somewhere that the owners have simply moved on to other interests.
    Maybe somebody that knows how to can check with the host company or whoever to be sure it's not just a computer game happening 'cause that's not exactly what we're supposed to be doing on the 'Net.

But, we know you are the same people and we like you so we are good with it. *smile*

edited December 1969

Still, those prices are pretty good if the product is quality. Did everyone still feel like they got their money's worth?

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I've bought from them before. Decent products good price. All thought this was about a year ago I believe. Not sure how they are now.

I bought a few super hero cosplay costume like the V4 captain american and batgirl

edited December 1969

Yes, no problems with the products I bought. Basically shoes as I recall.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

But, we know you are the same people and we like you so we are good with it. *smile*

hehehe ... thank you. I sometimes get these feelings of split personality for some reason in a few forums. The support system here though is real good and I didn't lose access to all my downloads during the switchover. Can't say the same for some other websites though ... wonder who I'll be next year?!! I do however keep all my shares' folders names to the "Catherine3678a" because I'm truly not trying to confuse anybody.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

hehehe ... thank you. I sometimes get these feelings of split personality for some reason in a few forums. The support system here though is real good and I didn't lose access to all my downloads during the switchover. Can't say the same for some other websites though ... wonder who I'll be next year?!! I do however keep all my shares' folders names to the "Catherine3678a" because I'm truly not trying to confuse anybody.

Wow. Until this post, I didnt realize this was Catherine. Hey You!!!

-MJ

edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

Wow. Until this post, I didnt realize this was Catherine. Hey You!!!

-MJ

tsk, tsk, hehehe ... Hi There! Yes it's me. :-) My sharecg.com acct is Boudicca36 but if/when you download files from there, you'll find the folders saying Catherine3678a ... which is the handle I started with. You wouldn't believe some of the handles I've put up on some websites ... there are a few which really don't work quite right when it comes to resetting passwords and all that and one 'has to' take another handle. So who am I to argue with a computer form?!!

edited December 1969

What's funny is I keep getting your name mixed up with your number. i could have SWORN it was Patience 36 and Boudicca55. *laugh*

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Looks like their site is totally down now. I sent him a Renderosity sitemail and heard nothing back. I hope he's ok!

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895
    edited December 1969

Yup...seems like the site is down...

What is his Renderosity name?

• edited August 2014

Please Help!

It seems that 9mbi is no longer up and running. However, I have recently seen thehis dress below and would like to know what it is called. Can anyone answer?

Link Removed

Thanks,
    WR

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Sorry we had to remove your link, the site hosting it had readily accessible images with nudity. If you can find an image of the item on a site that doesn't show nudity (without registration) you are welcome to post a link to that.