JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Kludge said:

Now would that be a good proper Irish whiskey or that poor imitation the Scots produce? :lol:

A good old fashion whiskey war, much like Liverpool vs Manchester United or Mercedes vs. BMW ;-)

Well, y'know, the Irish invented whiskey and the Scots stole it. Then the Irish invented bagpipes and the Scots stole them too. Finally the Irish invented kilts and the Scots haven't gotten the joke yet. :lol:

As a side note, I'm Irish, Scots and Welsh - in part. Thankfully there's more to dilute it some. :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,499
    edited October 2012

Kludge said:
    Totte said:
    Kludge said:

Now would that be a good proper Irish whiskey or that poor imitation the Scots produce? :lol:

A good old fashion whiskey war, much like Liverpool vs Manchester United or Mercedes vs. BMW ;-)

Well, y'know, the Irish invented whiskey and the Scots stole it. Then the Irish invented bagpipes and the Scots stole them too. Finally the Irish invented kilts and the Scots haven't gotten the joke yet. :lol:

As a side note, I'm Irish, Scots and Welsh - in part. Thankfully there's more to dilute it some. :)
    LOL!

Reminded me of a joke about meat, bread, and chewing gum ;-)

Post edited by Totte on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited October 2012

My latest PlatClub Inspirations entry. Jack's products used: Carnival Midway Interiors (the sign on the ground), Atrophy, Parkside Point Interior (the rubble), Parkside Heath, and Moon Gate (the decorative stonework next to the step).

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Cradle to Grave

PCI20121004-CradleToGraveb-x2000.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 954K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Kludge said:

LOL!

Reminded me of a joke about meat, bread, and chewing gum ;-)
    Do I want to know? :roll:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

My latest PlatClub Inspirations entry. Jack's products used: Carnival Midway Interiors (the sign on the ground), Atrophy, Parkside Point Interior (the rubble), Parkside Heath, and Moon Gate (the decorative stonework next to the step).

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Cradle to Grave

...that is beautiful.
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,120
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Cradle to Grave

...that is beautiful.

Yea, very cool.. nice work :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358
    edited December 1969

Cradle to Grave

Very nice indeed. Maybe you could post that image for inspiration in the New Users contest which is a Halloween based theme.

edited December 1969

Played with some of last weeks JT PC stuff again.

anybody_home.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 152K
    edited December 1969

Cool!

Has a Resident Evil kinda vibe going on with it :D

edited December 1969

Cool!

You made the lego blocks, me just build stuff with them ;-)

edited December 1969

Awh.. lego.. I love that stuff!

I guess that will be an upside to having kids, I can buy them things like that and not feel too bad ;)

edited December 1969

I guess that will be an upside to having kids, I can buy them things like that and not feel too bad ;)

I can't count the hours I've spent with my son when he was in lego age building things, then he took the role as "lego master" when he built with he smaller cousins.

Problem is it takes a couple of years before they are fit for it ;-)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes I remember my son being so happy when his 2nd was a boy, he had an excuse to buy him a Scalextric set, although I was never quite certain why he bought one for him at Christmas in the year that he was born. :roll: BTW Daniel was born in October. :coolsmirk:
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Yes I remember my son being so happy when his 2nd was a boy, he had an excuse to buy him a Scalextric set, although I was never quite certain why he bought one for him at Christmas in the year that he was born. :roll: BTW Daniel was born in October. :coolsmirk:

That sounds like the classical -"Here comes Santa with an electric model trainset, for dad..."

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    chohole said:

That sounds like the classical -"Here comes Santa with an electric model trainset, for dad..."

Hahahaa, yea.. I did the same thing for my youngest sister actually chohole.. gives them a few years to erm, pratice ;)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Cool!

You made the lego blocks, me just build stuff with them ;-)
    Tools are tools (excellent as Jack's stuff is), it's what you do with 'em -- that's nice work.

Frank0314 said:
    My latest PlatClub Inspirations entry. Jack's products used: Carnival Midway Interiors (the sign on the ground), Atrophy, Parkside Point Interior (the rubble), Parkside Heath, and Moon Gate (the decorative stonework next to the step). DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Cradle to Grave

...that is beautiful.

Yea, very cool.. nice work :)
    Very nice indeed. Maybe you could post that image for inspiration in the New Users contest which is a Halloween based theme.
    You think it'd help? Okay, done. Thanks, people -- glad you like it!
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

I have a huge box full of them for my kids to, um, "inherit." ;)
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:

I have a huge box full of them for my kids to, um, "inherit." ;)

Ah cool!

Gutted all mine were given away :(

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

just picked up the Moonshine Drive-In, been wanting a Drive-In for soooo long, I just had to grab this....

Just one question, where is the projection booth?

edited December 1969

Heh cheers.

Sadly got blown away in the great tornado of '53.. very sad indeed :(

Real answer? We had to keep some stuff behind.. didn't want to put all the eggs in one basket etc... ;)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

are you implying there is more to come in the Drive-In set? add ons? a concession stand? projection booth? make out poses?

edited December 1969

Had to show Jack what his superb moongate is used for....

Shackled and Drawn

shackled_drawn-2-final.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 268K
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to thank you for the drive in. Speaker boxes!!!!! None of the others I have seen show these. Thank you, thank you.

edited October 2012

Real answer? We had to keep some stuff behind.. didn't want to put all the eggs in one basket etc... ;)

So it'll show up in an expansion? BTW, is that 50's diner we keep seeing blurry in the background of the PC promo shots yours? Are we gonna get it this month?

And here's a question that might actually get answered: What's the historically accurate screen ratio that's supposed to be projected on that thing? 16:9, or did drive-ins use something else?

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

are you implying there is more to come in the Drive-In set? add ons? a concession stand? projection booth? make out poses?

An authentic ground plane? They weren't flat, after all.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited October 2012

hello folks how are you?

haven`t written here a for time but I am a bit busy, work work work and I have also some other galleries at other sites, other thing is, I am busy with creating my own landscapes with stuff from my content. Had some things to learn about d-formers and had to fix textures and so.

And here are some results, sorry Jack, this is pure nature and no item made by you is used, but I want to know what you think because you are some of the best artists around, known for detailed accuracy :)

the following images containing:

trees by Andrey Pestryakov and Predatron
    bushes by Lisa
    stones and rocks from various sets I have
    backroundwall from rocks`n`drops by Pedatron (reworked by me with some deformers)
    ground by Flink (Renderosity) (some different ground planes with fixed texture of this set)

textures for backroundwall, rocks and stones from the rocks`n`drops set but reworked and fixed by me so I was able to use it on all stony surfaces with some tilling adjustment here and there.

clothes on Dixie by 3D-Age (Renderosity) (this artist have some of the best clothes for V4 I know but this is just my opinion and no rating on others that are also good)

by the way, I have a really huge gallery at renderosity under cosmo71 so if someone is interested go there and have fun :)

and know here are the images:

dx_outdoor.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 331K
    dx_forest_run.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 518K
    Autumn_DAZ_STUDIO.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 508K
    Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    That's cool, thought for a moment someone spiked my whiskey ;)

Ooh controversial!

I'd just like to say, I don't discriminate against any type of alcoholic beverage (even the ones with the funny umbrellas in them) :)
    The umbrellas are cool after one's had a goodly number of the associated drinks. Not quite as obtrusive as wearing lampshades.

edited October 2012

So it'll show up in an expansion? BTW, is that 50's diner we keep seeing blurry in the background of the PC promo shots yours? Are we gonna get it this month?

And here's a question that might actually get answered: What's the historically accurate screen ratio that's supposed to be projected on that thing? 16:9, or did drive-ins use something else?

It's not my place to say when and what stuff will be released. I can say, however, I've done several products for the sale - and I assume they will be released throughout the month.

It's really tricky.. on the run up for the sale everyone was saying 'I hope there's not a theme.. since if I don't like the theme I wont buy' so I guess DAZ have tried to spread stuff out and mix it up where they can... and now of course people want loads of stuff and they want it NOW!.

So in summary - don't panic, be patient and enjoy the sale. And while futile, I think they are doing they best to make sure everyone gets something they like.

Regarding the aspect ratio - here is source of information which might help : http://www.reelclassics.com/Techtalk/aspectratio-article.htm

Hope that helps.

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    hello folks how are you?

haven`t written here a for time but I am a bit busy, work work work and I have also some other galleries at other sites, other thing is, I am busy with creating my own landscapes with stuff from my content. Had some things to learn about d-formers and had to fix textures and so.

And here are some results, sorry Jack, this is pure nature and no item made by you is used, but I want to know what you think because you are some of the best artists around, known for detailed accuracy :)

the following images containing:

trees by Andrey Pestryakov and Predatron
    bushes by Lisa
    stones and rocks from various sets I have
    backroundwall from rocks`n`drops by Pedatron (reworked by me with some deformers)
    ground by Flink (Renderosity) (some different ground planes with fixed texture of this set)

textures for backroundwall, rocks and stones from the rocks`n`drops set but reworked and fixed by me so I was able to use it on all stony surfaces with some tilling adjustment here and there.

clothes on Dixie by 3D-Age (Renderosity) (this artist have some of the best clothes for V4 I know but this is just my opinion and no rating on others that are also good)

by the way, I have a really huge gallery at renderosity under cosmo71 so if someone is interested go there and have fun :)

and know here are the images:

Nice work Cosmo!

Nice to hear you're off on your journey of 3D art too.. easy to see where the time goes now isn't it?

Keep up the good work :)

edited December 1969

Hey you should know now, I love addons.

This discussion has been closed.