Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• edited December 1969

Ginger, can you show us fur on an animal?

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

fivecat said:

LOL, trouble-maker..
    I am not one of the more talented ones but will do what I can.

• edited December 1969

fivecat said:

LOL, trouble-maker..

I wasn't trying to make trouble, I'm just so excited to see anything that testers have done. Maybe a little ferret or something. Or a small puppy.;-P

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    fivecat said:

LOL, trouble-maker..

I wasn't trying to make trouble, I'm just so excited to see anything that testers have done. Maybe a little ferret or something. Or a small puppy.;-POr a Flat Faced Bear, or a giant Sloth, or a Saber-tooth Tiger or a Hyenadon or a....

• edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    fivecat said:
    fivecat said:

LOL, trouble-maker..

I wasn't trying to make trouble, I'm just so excited to see anything that testers have done. Maybe a little ferret or something. Or a small puppy.;-POr a Flat Faced Bear, or a giant Sloth, or a Saber-tooth Tiger or a Hyenadon or a....

If I see a panda I may squee.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Here's a shot using one my poser figures just to prove you can use it on different figures.
    Bit rough took about 10min

BB03.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 362K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Here's a shot using one my poser figures just to prove you can use it on different figures.

It was simply scary before but now... I kinda wanna cuddle it.... as it kills me.

edited December 1969

Oh man there goes my tough guy reputation :(

• edited October 2012

RKane_1 said:

It was simply scary before but now... I kinda wanna cuddle it.... as it kills me.

Thanks for showing us fur. Now I wish I had bought that figure during the PC sale.

Wait, I'm not sure I've seen that one yet.

Post edited by nieman151_516f901a4a on
  • edited December 1969

I have Lycan and Brute X and plan to buy Sabbatic goat. So who is this handsome fellow?

edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    I have Lycan and Brute X and plan to buy Sabbatic goat. So who is this handsome fellow?

He's the Babylon Beast I never put it in at daz so it's at CP stand alone figures never do well here. I do plan to do fur presets for "Look at my Hair" DS plugin but need to figure out how to color the fur a bit better.
  • edited December 1969

fivecat said:

He's the Babylon Beast I never put it in at daz so it's at CP stand alone figures never do well here. I do plan to do fur presets for "Look at my Hair" DS plugin but need to figure out how to color the fur a bit better.

With fur he looks less evil. I know that is not what you want to hear. Hairy critters you just want to give hugs to, lol.

edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    fivecat said:

With fur he looks less evil. I know that is not what you want to hear. Hairy critters you just want to give hugs to, lol.
    Well when I bring the Llama out you should be happy

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    fivecat said:

Well when I bring the Llama out you should be happy

Not without particle effects for projectile spitting, though., If you have a llama, ya gots to have it spit. They are as bad if not worse than camels.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

That's why it's best to wear a full face shield ,when dealing with llamas;-)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    fivecat said:

I LOVE hugging hairy critters!

He does look kinda cuddly now! lmao :P

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

Woops I dont know why notifications stop for this thread.... O.o

Love the grass and the hair and the fur renders guys!!! :) Alessandro's amazing yeah??? :D

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    Jaderail said:
    fivecat said:
    fivecat said:

LOL, trouble-maker..

I wasn't trying to make trouble, I'm just so excited to see anything that testers have done. Maybe a little ferret or something. Or a small puppy.;-P

Or a Flat Faced Bear, or a giant Sloth, or a Saber-tooth Tiger or a Hyenadon or a....

If I see a panda I may squee.

I made a panda some time ago, but with a very early version; with the current one it would look much better (no frizz, no advanced shader etc.). Anyway, here it is...

panda.jpg
    640 x 617 - 57K
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Old man... aging sucks... LO

opa2.jpg
    770 x 885 - 521K
    opa1.jpg
    764 x 855 - 511K
  • edited December 1969

Thanks for the panda -- I did have a squee moment. Lol about how getting old sucks. Better than the alternative. Your shader for grey hair is looking good.

• edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I LOVE hugging hairy critters!

He does look kinda cuddly now! lmao :P

I'm not too surprised to hear you like a furry critter. As you say, woof!

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

Shaders for hair:

I actually tried EVERY SHADER IN MY RUNTIME on the hair, and some of them are great.
    Some of my favorite shaders to use on the hair?

-Fisty's sparkles and fisty's velvet shaders.
    -Calida3d's scaled shaders (for extra shiny hair)
    -supersuit special effect shaders (really!)
    -gold shaders/satin shaders/pearl shaders

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

I have been fixed on creating hair so I thought I would have a go at getting Fur on SA Havoc I didnt want a really thick dense fur just enough to say he has fur..lol This was my first attempt and I was very happy the way he turned out.

1st_try_at_fur.jpg
    800 x 800 - 282K
  • edited December 1969

Sal, thanks for the pictures -- I can't wait for this to be released. I don't however believe I will be hugging that anytime soon.:lol:

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    I have been fixed on creating hair so I thought I would have a go at getting Fur on SA Havoc I didnt want a really thick dense fur just enough to say he has fur..lol This was my first attempt and I was very happy the way he turned out.

Wow the Havoc is still a great character excellent render. Did you use AO or standard hair shaders?
    Hmmm this gives me an idea for a genesis morph. Give me a tick see what I can do.
    edited December 1969

TY fivecat yes I dont think I would cuddle him either...lol

Midnight I just used the basic shader hope that helps..

Steve

edited December 1969

I thought I'd have a go at a Havoc morph for genesis, I think the fur turned him into a teddy-bear LOL. Yes I only use the standard shaders not real sure about the other ones.

HV03.jpg
    962 x 1000 - 328K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Wait, did you do that in 30 minutes?

edited December 1969

I thought I'd have a go at a Havoc morph for genesis, I think the fur turned him into a teddy-bear LOL. Yes I only use the standard shaders not real sure about the other ones.

Can you use Gen X then to use him on genesis?

He is really high res on his own would be good to use him as a morph on genesis.

Steve.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Wait, did you do that in 30 minutes?

No of cause not I'm not that good, But Steve jolted the memory and I had an unfinished prototype which I hadn't converted to a morph. So that really all I did plus the fur of course, so I'm finding the hair plugin very fast once you get the hang of it.
This discussion has been closed.