Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

very nice deer. can't wait. I'll be broke by the time this comes out though.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Fabulous hair, stache and deer. WOW!!

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Faewolf said:
    with all the great human hair styling we have going on, i thought it'd be fun to test out the animal side of things ^_^

here is the fawn! :D

to give you render time ideas - the first image took about 27 minutes which was mainly background rendering, 5 basic lights plus 1 deep shadow map shadow.

to show how quick the renderman curves are:

2nd image same lighting, just the deer took 1 min 45 seconds xD

Awesome images Fae, thank you so much to share those!

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Just posting this to show The Plugin maybe Look At My Hair but hair,fur and even grass looks great, the render aint that great or anything just thought I would post to show what a simple rendered clouds effect on a density map does.

Steve.

LookAtMyGrass.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Tap tap tap... waiting... so need, so want... tap tap tap....

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

@Jaderail - /ditto...

SOOOO want this already.

:)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Are we hair yet? ;)

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Just posting this to show The Plugin maybe Look At My Hair but hair,fur and even grass looks great, the render aint that great or anything just thought I would post to show what a simple rendered clouds effect on a density map does.

Steve.

Hi Steve, great example to show how density maps can be useful. Thanks for posting it.

edited December 1969

I must apologize for the delay of the release. I decided to stop adding features about two months ago and focus only on testing and solving bugs. However, during testing and thanks to the precious help of testers, I decided to add about a dozen of new features and I also redesigned several parts of the application in order to make it more useable and easy for the user.
    We are getting there... hang on folks :)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

That grass looks great SalUK, AA easier usablity is good but .......want to play with it ........(wimper)

edited December 1969

Great grassy knolls Batman!

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Alessandro, no need to apologize, we appreciate you taking the time to do it right. :-)

I agree, the grass looks great!

Coldrake

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Agreed. You're making sure the product is worth my well-earned money. I respect the fact you are taking time to make it worth my while. *smile*

• edited December 1969

I have been so anxious to see this since it was first announced. I hope I've saved up enough to buy it as soon as it shows up here.

edited December 1969

I'll wait until I pop if I have to. The Hair, the Furred animals, the Grass, never thought of that use great idea by the way, all that makes this a I must have in my book.

Then the Learning curve will kick in and I'll be all gee what made me think I could do this stuff. I'm still going to try, you bet!

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Then the Learning curve will kick in and I'll be all gee what made me think I could do this stuff. I'm still going to try, you bet!

Did you download the LAMH_manual.pdf? It will give you a bit of a head start.

Alessandro, thank you for providing the manual ahead of time, (I know some things have changed) but at least it gives us a chance to become familiar with the interface and process. Can you tell I'm anxious to get my hands on it? ;-)

Coldrake

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Thanks yes the grass comes out reall cool, Another short hair this time.

shortCurl1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 238K
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Thanks yes the grass comes out reall cool, Another short hair this time.

I've been definitely lucky to find such capable and talented beta testers as Steve. Thanks for sharing this new render of yours!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787
    edited December 1969

Great renders and I am sure that beta testers are really happy to use such amazing plugin before anyone else.
    Keep up such a good work, Alessandro.

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:

Alessandro, thank you for providing the manual ahead of time, (I know some things have changed) but at least it gives us a chance to become familiar with the interface and process. Can you tell I'm anxious to get my hands on it? ;-)

Coldrake

I Would but I think I'll wait on the full Prg and Manual. The manual might make me jump in here and pester and pester until I am asked to shut the heck up. I already want it bad enough without adding gas to the fire, so to speak.
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

Keep up such a good work, Alessandro.

Will certainly do that! :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Coldrake said:

Coldrake

I Would but I think I'll wait on the full Prg and Manual. The manual might make me jump in here and pester and pester until I am asked to shut the heck up. I already want it bad enough without adding gas to the fire, so to speak.

Hi Jaderail, I'm currently revising the manual since there are some new tools recently been added in latest beta. Should you have questions or information you'd like to know, I'll be more than happy to answer...

edited December 1969

Hi Jaderail, I'm currently revising the manual since there are some new tools recently been added in latest beta. Should you have questions or information you'd like to know, I'll be more than happy to answer...
    I'm really in no hurry, and I prefer to have the software booted and a manual in hand ( I print lot's as long as I can find none Video tut's) then I can learn as I do. That works the best for me. I will say this Plug-in will push my project in the works to the next level. My Mammoth's will be wooly, my Cave bears will be Furred, as will all the other furred animals, this will be one Plug-in I will take the time to fully master. You take the time to do it right and I'll take the time to learn it from the ground up. Besides I'm still hunting bit's and pieces to flesh out my project. It is not easy to find things for Stone Age man, that era is just not supported very much in 3D.
    edited October 2012

Nothing special in these images, but I wanted to post them because they show how thanks to the new clump tool it is possible to "choke" hair (and so not necessarily at the tips, but at any point of hair length) and create some nifty shapes, such those pointy mustaches....

To note also how painting density maps directly on the model allows to see immediately how hair contour look.

test_beard.jpg
    677 x 828 - 228K
    grp2.jpg
    1314 x 1089 - 235K
    grp1.jpg
    1309 x 1089 - 218K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

*sigh*

that is so awesome...are we there yet? :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Woweeee Sal. Looks like a photograph and he's def easy on the eyes!

Gonna love that clump tool, that handlebar mustache looks killer! WOOF

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I've seen people with handlebars like that. Probably about 50% hair, 50% wax and 25% instant perm spray, though... :coolsmile:

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited October 2012

Nothing special in these images, but I wanted to post them because they show how thanks to the new clump tool it is possible to "choke" hair (and so not necessarily at the tips, but at any point of hair length) and create some nifty shapes, such those pointy mustaches....

To note also how painting density maps directly on the model allows to see immediately how hair contour look.

is there some layering system in it? like photoshop layers?
    as i see you have different colors for materialzones...

do you think it will be hard to upgrade this after the launch to some dynamic hair plugin?

Post edited by Fixme12 on
    edited December 1969

fixme12 said:

is there some layering system in it? like photoshop layers?
    as i see you have different colors for materialzones...

do you think it will be hard to upgrade this after the launch to some dynamic hair plugin?

Hi, you could see the possibility to use multiple shave groups as a layer system, because each shave group is an independent entity and they can indeed share follicles with other shave groups.

I already started experimenting with applying gravity and rope hair physics to the hair: it's a long-term task (meaning that right now I'm playing with it, trying to plan the process) but it will certainly come...

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Just a very fast simple hair for A3.

LAMH_Aiko2.jpg
    700 x 700 - 166K
This discussion has been closed.