Urban Sprawl 3 ...It's here(in the store...no really..go see)!...(Commercial)

Comments

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

well it is finished at least and it's passed QA...I suspect marketing are scratching their heads wondering how best to promote such a large environment 

better?

:)

how about "Work in progress" or "what we know so far", anything but "soon" but something that doesn't make me hit the panic button when it's in the first page of the commons and I head straight to the store and this happens...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

..been holding off on other pruchases (crikey my Wishlist is so "yuuge" now).

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

they usually like to have similar themed type of products they can group together for a sale promotion don't they so probably depends what else is out waiting for release or they're waiting on some so they can do a promo sale that suits it

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

better?

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2016
    SimonJM said:

better?

That's me on the left.

The difference is that I can buy bananas today.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639
    edited June 2016

I don't think it needs any marketing help. Just let the monster loose, and it will do what it does. Make it Stonemason Day, and give 50-60% off your catalog with the purchase of Urban Sprawl 3.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391

well it is finished at least and it's passed QA...I suspect marketing are scratching their heads wondering how best to promote such a large environment 

Um, yeah... I don't think so.  I'm pretty sure marketing is going to have no problems figuring out how to promote this.  Heck, they could just put a picture up there with "Here ya go" and it would be a hit.  The set is amazing, Stonemason, and as always (for me) it's an instant buy. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,269

Maybe the problem is that DAZ keeps releasing all these new figures they want us to spend money on and they don't want to make such a large release as Urban Sprawl 3 at the same time.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

My guess would be: end of this week or beginning of next week, so it is nicely between Rune and Ivan...

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I'm very thankful to have no interest in Genesis 3 so my bank account is recovering for stuff like this. ;)

• Josette3dJosette3d Posts: 41

I agree with it all.... just release it and say "here you go". No need for any fancy marketing. 

I was speculating that after the initial "hey it's ready" on May 11th that it would be a month until release in the store. So i'm guessing June 11 but now I see that's a Saturday, and nothing good comes out on Saturday. So my guess (HOPE!!) is for Monday June 13th. Just a guess. 

I'm tired of all the new Gen 3 people I will never buy, nor do I have use for. Now, a fantastic urban environment? THAT I can use!!

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited June 2016

I'm very thankful to have no interest in Genesis 3 so my bank account is recovering for stuff like this. ;)

Ain't that the truth, about the only major G3 item I got was the V7 Pro pack when it was super cheap, other than that I have bought nothing else..  When I saw this coming I thought cool as I have the US2 product which I have used a lot..  US3 does look interesting will be how different it is from US2, also if and when I do finally get it, it will be a test of my skills to get it to look cool for night shots in 3Delight, (since I dont use Iray) was able to do it in US2..

One other thing I wonder if there will be an option for English signage since looking at the pics it is all in either Chinese or Japanese..  Also noticed some of the night shots especially the looking down on the city shots seems to be somewhat off, can't really pin what it is but they just don't look right..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

Hmmmm... something that I was thinking....

With the release of Urban Sprawl 3, I think it would be nice if they 'reactivated' Urban Sprawl (1) and included it as part of the release sale (added bonus - free with the purchase of...), or maybe just let those who don't already have it get it at a reduced price (say $5.99) for this time only.  Since it's been retired, but there is still some interest in it (and value), they could make a bit more money off something that was otherwise 'dead'.

Win/Win!

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Awesome!   Moved to top of list immediately.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

congratulations on some epic modeling Stephan. 

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Nice change to the title again.

• argel1200argel1200 Posts: 757

Yeah, I would not mind seeing Urban Sprawl 1 return to the store. If Powerage brings his lowrez models over from RMP, then there's one great tie-in with this set right off the bat. I also agree that DAZ will place this in-between Rune 7 and Ivan 7, probably closer to Rune 7 since it is apparently ready to go.

• 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

Never mind bananas, if this doesn't happen soon I'm going to have to go chase squirrels for a while.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

...I thought it is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.  OK, maybe sliced banana bread?

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159

Never mind bananas, if this doesn't happen soon I'm going to have to go chase squirrels for a while.

You'll never crush our spirit!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Ikyoto said:

You'll never crush our spirit!

No, just apparently the bananas!

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

what about that bread with the squirrels in it.

squirrel-grain?

what about that bread with the squirrels in it.

squirrel-grain?

Gee, would that be a protein or a whole grain?

Mmmmmmm.... Squirrelly Bread....  http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/products/sprouted-bread/squirrelly-bread

It makes your head spin it's so good!  <--- that would be a good marketing line... haha

Stryder87 said:

Mmmmmmm.... Squirrelly Bread....  http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/products/sprouted-bread/squirrelly-bread

It makes your head spin it's so good!  <--- that would be a good marketing line... haha

Oh, and, hey look, it has as much protein as fiber (1 g difference!) so it's both a protein and a whole grain!  wink

Stryder87 said:

Oh, and, hey look, it has as much protein as fiber (1 g difference!) so it's both a protein and a whole grain!  wink

Mmmmm.... meat bread.....  wait, what??

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Yeah, I've been mostly sitting on a big batch of store credit, so I don't have to feel the, 'Oh my god, it's HOW much?' momentary flash of pain, and instead can shrug and say, 'That's why I got the store credit...'

I'm going to guess they're gathering up stuff to go with it.  I figure it'll be paired with some contemporary clothes from Nikisatez, and either an asian (because of the signage) or a black character (because 'urban'), a cityscape-style HDRI set, or some other outdoors-y lighting kit, and...rolls dice...a set of staves, harkening to different mystical movie characters.

Stonemason's back-catalog will be 45% off, 55% if you buy the staves... ;)

--  Morgan

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

Yeah, I've been mostly sitting on a big batch of store credit, so I don't have to feel the, 'Oh my god, it's HOW much?' momentary flash of pain, and instead can shrug and say, 'That's why I got the store credit...'

I'm going to guess they're gathering up stuff to go with it.  I figure it'll be paired with some contemporary clothes from Nikisatez, and either an asian (because of the signage) or a black character (because 'urban'), a cityscape-style HDRI set, or some other outdoors-y lighting kit, and...rolls dice...a set of staves, harkening to different mystical movie characters.

Stonemason's back-catalog will be 45% off, 55% if you buy the staves... ;)

--  Morgan

Don't forget the need for a chain mail bikini and heels on those mean urban streets. Essential ;)

• 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

This is what happens when you give people too much time to think. laugh