Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have one of the most common surnames in Wales. So common the my next door neighbours have the same name, and she even has the same Initial as well. that could get confusing if someone gets the house number wrong.

Our mailman sometimes has trouble reading names AND house numbers.

FYI I wrote a post and forgot to post it before I went to the store. When I came back I was still logged in, hit submit, and it posted. That's probably a new forum first.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    That's cool man :) I'll take a bit of time to get the UV right, then I export and create textures. After we both satisfied I'll make em props and send them to you
    NOPE!! New set for all users I say. I plan on telling folks you did them and where to get them in a few threads and forums.
    edited December 1969

There was a real John Smith who went to Jamestown I think. Then there is the Disney version of him. Disney really was not accurate in his looks in their movie.

You're absolutely correct. John Smith was a real live person who came to the colonies. My DD went to high school with another John Smith. He would come over and borrow her clothes and my wigs.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I even did a costume design before some American film company made a movie, and low and behold almost identical! I was sooo pist.

There is nothing new under the sun. That's one reason I get so pissed with piddly copyright arguments.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    There was a real John Smith who went to Jamestown I think. Then there is the Disney version of him. Disney really was not accurate in his looks in their movie.

You're absolutely correct. John Smith was a real live person who came to the colonies. My DD went to high school with another John Smith. He would come over and borrow her clothes and my wigs.That's one way to stand out when your name is John Smith.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    That's cool man :) I'll take a bit of time to get the UV right, then I export and create textures. After we both satisfied I'll make em props and send them to you
    NOPE!! New set for all users I say. I plan on telling folks you did them and where to get them in a few threads and forums.

Oh yes of course!... But needs to be tested by my trusty collaborator first, and it was a Jaderail request for this pack, so course you should get your hands on it first HAHA! :cheese:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I think it has too many polys!!!

You should make it out of cotton instead of polyester, that would get rid of the polys.

Just don't use linen--it wrinkles too easily. I thought it was a new Easter bonnet you were modeling for us, Wendy. It definitely goes well with your eyes.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    It's no fun when a thread is dead, but much fun when they are fast and active.

Alotta?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,679
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I do not like using my real name. I do not think I deserve my first name. Not sure why I feel that way.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I like your first name. I've never come across anyone else with that name.

Thank you

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Spyro said:
    I even did a costume design before some American film company made a movie, and low and behold almost identical! I was sooo pist.

There is nothing new under the sun. That's one reason I get so pissed with piddly copyright arguments.I'm glad you brought this up again Anne. I had a story to tell, (I'm posting my way through the dialysis blahs, about normal again now). Anyway...

Way back when I was DEEP into AD&D, (two day plus games in my apartment, Friday night to Sunday night with a steady troop of five or more.) I had a friend (still do) named Bob Weber. He and I came up with a Dungeon Masters Workbook. It had sections for everything a DM could need, plain paper for notes, graph paper for level design, hex paper for outdoor design and even ortho graphic paper (a squished hex for doing semi 3D level designs, it never caught on). We had quick reference charts on the inside covers and made our own DM's screen (a fold out that you can stand up on the table to hide your notes ect) with all the charts printed on the DM's side of it. We were so darn proud of it and the others all told us we had sales with what we had done. (JOY!! short lived) We went to the Comic book shop ONE week after we finished (our place to buy D&D stuff) and I'm dieing if I'm lying, the freaking GDW had put out the Screen and the workbook that week. We all swore that we had been bugged or that somebody had run their mouth about the thing we had invented
    The fact that it was a GOOD idea, so good in fact I was beat to the punch, never hit me until years later. I used the GDW (Game Designers Workshop) books for about a year before they were dropped from the market (the sales were low I heard). But at that time in my life, newly married and working the graveyard shift, just that much money would have changed my life.

Okay, got that one out of my system.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    Sounds like an easy going life as a 'southerner' American :P
    We talk with drawls because we wont even talk fast, we take life slow and easy. It's to darn hot to hurry anyway. One of our favorite sayings is, "What's your hurry?" Most often heard when folks decide they need to get home in a hour or so. It'll take them that long to get out of the house.

I wouldn't want to live any other kind of life. We also like sitting on the porch with a glass of ice tea. I like going barefoot too. I've been too busy trying to catch up that I haven't taken off my shoes yet, so I only have 5 around this chair.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    It's no fun when a thread is dead, but much fun when they are fast and active.

Alotta?Not mine!! I got that from Stupid Fast Racing. Besides, whats wrong with alotta? We folks down here have all kinds of words you folks never use. Like Woodya, as in, "If'n ya go to the store woodya pick up a gallon of milk fer me?" We do not speak English or even American English, we'uns down cheer in the boonies speak Southern. Everybody else sounds weird to us when they speak.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    Sounds like an easy going life as a 'southerner' American :P
    We talk with drawls because we wont even talk fast, we take life slow and easy. It's to darn hot to hurry anyway. One of our favorite sayings is, "What's your hurry?" Most often heard when folks decide they need to get home in a hour or so. It'll take them that long to get out of the house.

I wouldn't want to live any other kind of life. We also like sitting on the porch with a glass of ice tea. I like going barefoot too. I've been too busy trying to catch up that I haven't taken off my shoes yet, so I only have 5 around this chair.Oh heck yeah! Front porch in a rocking chair or a porch swing, a tall glass of ice tea and just watch the world go by. On a busy day maybe you got a mess of beans to shell for super, or a bushel of corn to shuck for the freezer. Maybe a lap cat for the purrs or a lazy dawg at your feet. The guy's might break out their pocket knifes and widdle on a stick while we watch the grass grow and the clouds float across the sky. People don't take enough time to enjoy life, it's all Hurry hurry hurry now. We could teach the world a thing or two.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

I used to sit on my swingseat with my mp3 player pumping music in my ears while I drank cheap cask wine.
    got totally sloshed, the swinging did it!!
    now I don't drink, I cannot sit, rock and listen to music for that long, need to do something!!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Music is the ultimate relaxation for me. It calms me no matter what mood I'm in.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:
    I hear its pretty good once you teach it your style of speaking. You have to read it a book to learn your speech patterns.
    That would not be a problem at all, I've got six to read right now and two more ordered. Right now it's Zoo by Patterson then It's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Larsson then it will be Wind through the Keyhole by King. No plan farther than that.

Start out with something simple like "Green Eggs And Ham" by Dr. Seuss. :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:
    I hear its pretty good once you teach it your style of speaking. You have to read it a book to learn your speech patterns.
    That would not be a problem at all, I've got six to read right now and two more ordered. Right now it's Zoo by Patterson then It's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Larsson then it will be Wind through the Keyhole by King. No plan farther than that.

Start out with something simple like "Green Eggs And Ham" by Dr. Seuss. :)

Dr. Seuss are great books

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I WAS thinking Hugo Weaving actually too! AGENT Smith!
    I live in Smithfield plains and according to the latest survey, the most common name there is Smith

I've got Smiths in my family tree and live with 3 Smiths.

When I was a legal secretary, we had a trick of asking the caller to spell their last name for us if we didn't catch it the beginning of the call. I had to ask one client and he very patiently spelled out "S-M-I-T-H."

Most of my family are still living in trees. I personally find it more comfortable on this little boy's shoulder.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

actually Smith CAN be spelt other ways so not THAT stupid.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:
    Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:

I believe it comes with a specially written book to be sure it hits on most the words that would be used in normal everyday talking.I wonder what it would do if I pronounced it all in Klingon? Just a goofy idea, I'm sure it will only imprint on my voice, no need for a extra level of Stupid. Besides I'm not up on Klingon like I once was.

I once tried to speak Klingon, but I began to choke on a mouthful of gak and had to be given the Corbomite Maneuver.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:
    Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:

I believe it comes with a specially written book to be sure it hits on most the words that would be used in normal everyday talking.

I wonder what it would do if I pronounced it all in Klingon? Just a goofy idea, I'm sure it will only imprint on my voice, no need for a extra level of Stupid. Besides I'm not up on Klingon like I once was.

I once tried to speak Klingon, but I began to choke on a mouthful of gak and had to be given the Corbomite Maneuver.

I won't suggest you learn Welsh then (Ni fyddaf yn awgrymu eich bod yn dysgu Cymraeg, yna)

edited December 1969

"I will not suggest that you learn English, then."

Ydych chi'n hoffi Google Translate? Ddylwn i ei wneud.

edited December 1969

Just a short test to see if you can speak "Southern".

A man comes up to you and asks "How are ya'll doin'?" Did he ask:
    a. "How are you feeling?"
    b. "How is your family?"
    c. "How is business?"

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

b. "How is your family?"
    c. "How is business?"

Yep
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    "I will not suggest that you learn English, then."

Ydych chi'n hoffi Google Translate? Ddylwn i ei wneud.

Gall fod yn ddefnyddiol iawn. Fy Gymraeg yn sylfaenol iawn
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Anybody else recently experience an ebot avalanche from Daz Forums? It looks like somebody discovered whatever was stopping the chute and fixed it. :lol:

...yep woke up to almost a whole page of 'em in my inbox. A lot go back to last week.

...digital enema perhaps?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    tjohn said:

b. "How is your family?"
    c. "How is business?"

Yep
    ...:smirk:

...OK to stick with the theme, almost had another stoopid event occur on my commute.

As I was heading down the hill back into town on the bus after work some maroon in a small car (not much bigger than one of those Smart Cars) decided to pull out of a driveway in front of our 18 tonne bus that was travelling at about 30mph. Bus driver had to lock up the brakes (actually could feel and hear us skidding) and came within maybe an inch or two of smacking into them (I really thought we were going to hit the fool and so did the bus driver). Evne though it was nearly a fatal crunch,driver of said car went on his/her merry way like nothing had happened. Never mind that passengers on a transit bus don't have the benefit of seat-belts or airbags and Obeying one of the primary laws of physics continue in motion until something interacts, like metal poles, backs of seats, other passengers, and/or the bus's windscreen.

Wouldn't doubt if the idiot was either on the cell phone or texting at the time as I still see this occur regularly in spite of laws being passed prohibiting such behaviour.

After what I experienced the day before when two of the buses I ride being "no shows"I wasn't really looking forward to another messed up commute. The thought of having to spend a couple hours giving statements to the police. and getting home very late on a Friday after a hellish week at the day job did not sit well with me.

...dare to drive stoopid. I guess.

edited December 1969

"Stupid is as stupid does." - Forrest Gump's Mama
    That certainly covers that driver, KK.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

All right, now that load of stupid I was working on. Due to TOS, I have to post to DA.

Calendar shoot, part 1
    Calendar shoot, part 2
    Calendar shoot, part 3 (naked man-butt warning)
    Calendar shoot, cover (nuddy)

Get a load of this!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    All right, now that load of stupid I was working on. Due to TOS, I have to post to DA.

Calendar shoot, part 1
    Calendar shoot, part 2
    Calendar shoot, part 3 (naked man-butt warning)
    Calendar shoot, cover (nuddy)

Get a load of this!

Oh my word, so good. Remind me to keep you away from my version of Jaderail.
This discussion has been closed.