Urban Sprawl 3 ...It's here(in the store...no really..go see)!...(Commercial)

Comments

• Josette3dJosette3d Posts: 41

I have completely stopped buying anything until this is released. Everything else pales in comparison. I guess it's good for me to keep my money and not continue to buy more models. I have a specific idea I want to try out with the Urban Sprawl 3... really hope it works and I know this will be worth the wait. And waiting is hard.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    Stryder87 said:
    hi guys.shouldnt be too far away

Still a sad panda...

btw... does anyone have a pic of what Urban Sprawl 1 looks like?  I was really wanting to get it but, as I found out a while back (and has been mentioned here), it's not available.  I like to torture myself with longings for things I'll never have.... like an old girlfriend of mine... she was quite the urban sprawl too...  cool

like a lot of products I've bought still haven't gotten around to really using it but it's still pretty good to use for a deserted city creepy city like silent hill for example so it's still got a lot of value in it I think 

urban sprawl.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 341K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    kyoto kid said:

..."Urban Sprawl 3...ready...?  Oh, this is the big one! You hear that, Elizabeth?! I'm coming to join you, honey!"

Gosh we're getting old cheeky

...sometime around the end of next week would be perfect!

...yes some of us are, but still excited like a kid about a new urban setting from Stefan.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited May 2016

While we waiting ... below is an iray render of a quick scene made with Urban Sprawl featuring also little oversized figures of:

http://www.daz3d.com/great-greymalkin-robot and http://www.daz3d.com/kaiju-the-giant-monster

UrbanSprawl03pic06.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 492K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662

Would be cool for a Memorial Day release wouldn't it? Uhm, er, except for me, ...I'm broke, it's rent time,...again. angrysmiley

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

like a lot of products I've bought still haven't gotten around to really using it but it's still pretty good to use for a deserted city creepy city like silent hill for example so it's still got a lot of value in it I think 

I can see a lot of use in that regard.  Put the AoA atmosphere cameras on it (fog etc) and you can have a LOT get a LOT of use out of it. Sitting in a fog or clouds, the 'older' quality would actually work in your favour.

HorusRa said:

Would be cool for a Memorial Day release wouldn't it? Uhm, er, except for me, ...I'm broke, it's rent time,...again. angrysmiley

I'm hoping for Memorial Day! It seems that Stonemason's other fabulous sets were released at the end of the month, so please please please....

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

Here's one of the test renders I did in Iray.  Just hit it with the Iray Uber Shader to see what I had to start with before totally redoing the whole thing.  The lights are those that come with the set, but have the photometric turned on.  I've started redoing all of the textures for Iray, but it's kind of a long term project that I work on when I'm not doing anything else.  Not all of the building have fixed windows as some of them were texture based so redoing those is interesting.  I can see why Stonemason probably retired it, but I still think I can get some good use out of it once I'm finished redoing all of the textures so I'm glad I have it as part of my collection.

Looks amazing. I found the .obj file in geometries and checked the date. Good grief what a magnificent scene for Dec 2004!!!!!

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

this may have been addressed, but is this also for Poser or just DS?

• gbmorphsgbmorphs Posts: 33

I am always in awe of your products and skills! Cannot wait until this is available. Already thinking of scenes for this.

• mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335

Looks amazing!

• DpiximajDpiximaj Posts: 23

Wow... seriously amazing...

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    daveso said:

daz studio only(iray + 3delight versions)

*breathing a big sigh of relief*  whew... he said 3Delight....  yay!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    daveso said:

No obj?

• Opeing Doors with small interior corridors as with the below linked content.

I can handle the interiors just fine, just need the doorways.  

http://www.daz3d.com/urban-future

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

Rampart, the geometry editor is your friend there.

Or the vertex room in Carrara

learning to tweak props is far more benificial than hoping to get ones that do everything and still remain affordable

• Sad

Doors is not a big deal, just nuisance extra work.

• *Paces back and forth hitting "refresh" on store page*

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

May 11: It's ready!

June 2: But you can't have any!

Awwwww, MOM!

Can we please take the "It's ready" out of the thread title?!?  It's killing me!!!  crying

Take my money already!!!!

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

better?

:)

better?

*facepalm*

Actually... sort of... yeah...  hahaha

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited June 2016

better?

Better will be when it is snuggled nicely in my runtime

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

the delay makes me sad. I was saving the few coins I have, but shiny new models keep popping up. 

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Gimme!

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

better?

how about "Work in progress" or "what we know so far", anything but "soon" but something that doesn't make me hit the panic button when it's in the first page of the commons and I head straight to the store and this happens...

images.jpeg
    234 x 215 - 10K

better?

how about "Work in progress" or "what we know so far", anything but "soon" but something that doesn't make me hit the panic button when it's in the first page of the commons and I head straight to the store and this happens...

Sad Panda...

Sad Panda 05.jpg
    302 x 295 - 24K
  • hzrhzr Posts: 207

Another quality scene, always glad to see new ones from you. Other vendors at the store should take notes how quality should look like. Next to Jack and you theres noone that even comes close.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely work this into the budget. Any ETA?