Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I will say that having the Lost and Found category in Smart Content makes it easy to find those products and files that still need categorization.

I still don't understand the lost and found and why I have so many products in there, does it make a difference if you install with DIM or connect?  I install with DIM...

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Categories is what Smart Content uses to put things in the appropriate Smart Content folders (i.e. Wardrobe, Accessories, Figures).

Lost and Found is basically a holding location for those items that don't have any other categories assigned to them. Lots of the earlier Daz products don't have any categories assigned and so don't show up in Smart Content.

You can use Lost and Found to find these products, and then manually assign them to the right categories by going into the Smart Content->Files tab, right-clicking on the item and selecting Categorize.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Working without problems for me so far...

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2016

So......has anyone had any problems with this installation yet? That Iray viewport sounds good.

Anyway, I bought Brook yesterday and like the skin tone, played with lip reduction. Her lips were a heckuva lot bigger than the promos, I didn't do anything to her and that's how they loaded. (Not that it's bad, just larger.) You can see I shrunk them/put a few curves in, pulled in the corners on the other shot. She's in front of Collective3D Cape Cod Style Home.  (BTW, that has a nice lawn. I like the grass, so if you need that, keep this set in mind.) Again, I changed the white of the house trim to a darker gray so they wouldn't glare in the sunlight and show more shadow. Brook has darker skin so I used more light.

She has Lisse Hair. Easy to use, nice flow, looks natural on the ends. SEE NEXT POST, it's on sale!

This is the default lips, then my lips.

BrookOrigCapeCod.jpg
    692 x 900 - 493K
    BrookOrigCapeCod2.jpg
    692 x 900 - 452K
    BrookMINECapeCod.jpg
    692 x 900 - 451K
    BrookMINECapeCod2.jpg
    692 x 900 - 447K
    Post edited by Novica on

Well, okay, this is interesting. Because of Lisse Hair, I surfed in to Propchick's store. Some of those are 66% off, and the price of the Pauline Hair dropped about a dollar when I only had PC items in the cart.  There's so many discounts going on right now, I'm thinking I missed the reason it's doing that?  But anyway, LISSE HAIR IS ON SALE so consider getting that one, as you can see it looks very natural in my opinion. I am going to try Pauline Hair on children. With a bit of smoothing, the few crinkles should go poof. It should be okay for background characters and I like it because it's different.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

I upgraded to 4.92 and I regret it. Each time I start Studio it hangs on a screen for 2-6 minutes telling me it is upgrading CMS. It should only do that once. Something is wrong with it, and so far no help on how to fix it. angry

image.JPG
    656 x 487 - 87K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I upgraded to 4.92 and I regret it. Each time I start Studio it hangs on a screen for 2-6 minutes telling me it is upgrading CMS. It should only do that once. Something is wrong with it, and so far no help on how to fix it. angry

What Operating System?

I have Windows 8.1

I only started it once so far and did not notice that, but since I'm normaly multitasking i might have missed it.

Going to restart when my currently 12h30 @ 93% convergence overnight render has hit 95% to verify

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003

Not having that particular problem.

Starts within 10 seconds for me...

edited May 2016

Yeah, they told me to put in a work request. It seems that I have some sort of problem caused by the install. So I did. I am sad. =-( I just won't be closing DAZ Studio anytime soon. 

Does Anyone have the army uniform for Gen 3 males? If you do, can you see if yours has a 3delight goggle texture. Mine appears to be iray.

Thanks

Post edited by Serene Night on

I think I bought that, I'll check.

This evening was interesting- there's been a two day fire out by the stables and less than two minutes away, the horses were evacuated and a tree stump caught on fire in a friend's yard by a blowing ember. It's charred black on the sides of the road and twenty five acres burned there. Sothey've been baby sitting for hot spots out there (do NOT want to see an orange glow after sunset!) and we all went to dinner at 10:30 tonight, they hadn't eaten at all due to watching the barn. According to  this article, it says started with prescribed burn.

Horses were fine, all's good. :) 

edited May 2016

Yes, mine has a 3DL goggle texture. (Edit: Says Photon Material: Glass) Is definitely different than the Iray goggle materials.

Post edited by Novica on

Thanks for checking. It is a shader I've not seen before in 3delight- caustic glass. In any case, I recolored it, since it rendered kind of funny for me.

screen.JPG
    1280 x 518 - 82K
    edited May 2016

Virtual World outdid themself with Akiko. Love her skin and features! BTW, if you haven't tried using the Visemes for expressions, try it! This is "IH" at 23.5% with "K" at 60.5%, and it gives you a nice open-mouthed expression.  Visemes are under Parameters>Pose Controls. She's wearing Anjou Hair with the Soulless Outfit. (Currently 66% off.)

A second render coming in about twenty minutes, will add here.

AkikoAnjouHairSoullessSigN.jpg
    754 x 900 - 452K
    AkikoAnjouHairSoulless2.jpg
    554 x 900 - 253K
    Post edited by Novica on

BTW, I did install the latest edition of the Studio and have had NO problems. The Iray progressive rendering in the viewport is neat, it really speeds things up. (It does the pixelation as it's changing over.) 

edited November 2016

One more of Akiko, this time with Maia Hair (And Abigail clothes.)  The knuckles look a bit dotty. Edit- did a closeup. Those materials on the knuckles are not appealing to me, actually seem wrong IMO because it's distracting. (Support may disagree with me, but I filed a ticket.)

EDIT- the vendor hopped right on it and fixed it. Kudos!

AkikoAnjouHairSoulless3.jpg
    617 x 900 - 253K
    AkikoAnjouHairSoulless4.jpg
    617 x 900 - 169K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I picked her up as well.  Her knuckles do look dirty.  Like she was gardening and missed a spot. 

Did anyone pick up any of Aave Nanien's stuff?  I picked up the Meri May dress as well as the Dress Designer Two (which needs the Meri May dress).  It looks like it will have a ton of options to change the dress I think you could make a different dress every day for months with this, especially with all the shaders out there like Parrot Dolphins as well as several others.  I may not have much time to do anything this weekend we have a lot of stuff to get done around the house as we are leaving for a week the second week of June. But I'm dying to try them so am going to try to do a couple tonight

I have a lot of Aave's, I got the At Home Comfort and Suave (G3M)   I want to try Suave with some different shaders. I'm going to be offline today, been out doing yardwork since 6am off and on. That fire, btw, was 70 acres and still 5% not contained. It was the Forest Service doing a burn and it got away from them. Anyway Sonja, love to see what you do if you get time. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend here in the States. We have a tropical system going up the East coast, mostly a rainmaker. Let the season begin...

Great Akiko Renders. I got her but did not have time to test her yet.

Regarding Aave's Suave: could you post some renders? In the promo the suite looks super slim fit/ clingy - this typical unnatural look of most male outfits . Is it better in reality? Maybe you could use George as Model :-D

I got her Cutie Pie Set which I had on my withlist for ages...

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

Did anyone pick up any of Aave Nanien's stuff?  I picked up the Meri May dress as well as the Dress Designer Two (which needs the Meri May dress). 

I already had the dress so I picked up Dress Designer One and Two. I've used the dress a fair amount as it's easy to modify its length, style and textures.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    edited May 2016

A test of the new Iray set The Library Iray Addon. I used the TLIB !!Pre_All prop to load in the set and all the Iray materials. The interior lights use the emission settings that come with the set. The only addition to the set was my Bonzai container and tree (the container was made with Shape Magic and the tree is from Days of Cider). The container used Iray shaders from Mec4D PBS Shaders vol 1.

The Iray default render settings made for a very dark render, so I set Film ISO at 800, Shutter Speed at 60, Draw Dome on, Environment Map at 8, and Environment Light Resolution at 4024. I'm not sure how long the render took as it went overnight and the DS log only had this morning's startup in it, but it took quite a while (hours). I like the Iray materials and how the library turned out. The render was sharpened in postwork.

The Library Iray sharp 1.jpg
    696 x 800 - 792K
    Post edited by RGcincy on

That library is fantastic!  The original and the add on are in my wishlist...

I do hope they get that fire under control Novica and am very glad that all of the horses and the barn are okay. Maybe if it rains it will help put it out. Its just super hot and muggy here today 90 degrees.  It was just in the 30's a couple of weeks ago.... I'm just in for about half an hour and then we are leaving again but if we aren't out too late i might give that dress a go.

Just a heads up, please check out Male-M3dia's new set. He really knocked it out of the park with this one. I think this is a great investment.

http://www.daz3d.com/m3d-hero-7-hd-shapes-for-michael-7

edited May 2016

I am just now getting back on for a few minutes, be happy to test the suit for you. Rich, that library almost looks REAL! A wow factor!

Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2016

So I was trying out the Dress Designer two and am having some issues.  If I use the presets and shaders that come with it, it works fine.  If I try and change any of the textures using a shader this is what I get.  I have tried applying the shaders to the whole dress then doing the shape presets.  this is what happens when I apply the shape presets.  I have tried applying the shape presets first and then the texures.  When I do that, I end up with the textures over riding the shape presets and the whole dress pops into view with the part that I am texturing in the right color and the parts that pop back into view white.  Very frustrated right now.  I bought this with the intention of being able to use other textures on it as well as the ones provided.  I cant show the front as it would violate TOS.  It looks fine in the viewport until I apply the shape preset. 

A N Build a Dress.png
    1024 x 819 - 576K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited May 2016

This is  Ipo  wearing Suave.  More coming, will add here.

Okay, I picked a large man, very muscular. I do like the wrinkles, I don't particularly care for the shoes in gray, I think the darker ones look more like dress shoes. I think the midriff down could be scaled out a bit, let me twiddle with it. Wanted to show you the default.

IpoSuave.jpg
    417 x 900 - 229K
    IpoSuave2.jpg
    417 x 900 - 231K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2016

Sonja, I'll get to Dress Designer Two in a few minutes. You online? Anyone else have Dress Designer Two that can test it?

Post edited by Novica on

Ya I will be around for a little bit yet thank you.  No rush, its not going anywhere lol.

This discussion has been closed.