Basic Supersuit UV's for the Supersuit product have been fixed! Our voices have been heard.

Comments

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Nadino said:
    So, we can share a remapped version of the suit correct?
    Granted, it's saved as a preset through the support asset save menu I'm assuming??
    Would something like this help? Caution: I'm no UV pro in any way but found this layout may be of use someday.

How would I even get this to remap the Basic Suit? And make the UV Map bigger?

edited December 1969

Wow! That really sucks! :grrr:

I actually love the Basic Suit, and even I strongly agree that the suit itself is rather coarsely material zoned in comparison to the Supersuit. This is why I actually use both the Basic Suit and Flipmode's GSuit for Genesis.

I also use the G-Suit, it's great. However, no offense to Flipmode, the Basic Suit can handle more extreme bodymorphs which is more useful to me.

edited October 2012

So if I am understanding this correctly
    Daz released a broken product (with much fanfare)
    Daz refuse to fix it
    Users have offered fixes
    Moderators say not allowed without permission
    Permission may or may not have been given - you need to create a new account to view the bug report to find out
    That sucks Daz !
    Product crossed off wishlist

Yep, pretty much. But don't cross it off your wishlist just yet. This is now gaining momentum. So, if Canary3D fails to get permission to distrubute her fix, Daz will need to fix it themselves because they'll have too many voices to ignore.

Post edited by Knight22179 on
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I have added my voice to the bug report ... https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47169
    There is only 4 notes added?

Thanks for adding for your voice! :)

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    Have added to the bug report.

Thank you! :)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Soon to be 8. I re-registered.

Thank you! :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    YAY! The Mantis Bug Tracker says now "assigned" :)

Amen! Now we are getting somewhere. :)

• NadinoNadino Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    But that doesnt help vendors. How are we supposed to release content for it if only half the people apply this fix?. There needs to be an official fix release. That is my only concern.
    True, but I prob wouldn't mind allowing redistribution of it.

If the remap was done from scratch, rather than modifying the DAZ supplied UVs, then there would be no problem in distributing it. However, give Canary 3D a chance to get a reply since her mapping involves least change if she does get permission to share it.

Yes, I redid the seams in Blender and have played with unwrapping it since I got the product.
    Suffered a minor heart attack when I tried to make an AO map and noticed all the overlapping UVs lol.

I saved it as a UV preset so it shows up in the UV Set drop down section in the surfaces tab.
    The image I posted was just a screen shot, I exported the map at 4096x4096.

The issue is assigned now (yay) so back to waiting :)

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

I actually love the Basic Suit, and even I strongly agree that the suit itself is rather coarsely material zoned in comparison to the Supersuit. This is why I actually use both the Basic Suit and Flipmode's GSuit for Genesis.

I am having a lot of trouble adding textures to the supersuit because you have to add a texture to each section (the chest as 22 section in the surface editor) to get it to show up correctly on the font, unless I am doing something wrong. Anyways, I was wondering, on G-Suit, Bodysuit for Genesis by Flipmode, how hard it is to add textures in from made from the uv maps? The page says it is "Split up into 58 material zones" do you have to add something to each of the 58 zones?

Hope I explained my question correctly
    Thanks

edited December 1969

Nadino said:
    Zev0 said:
    But that doesnt help vendors. How are we supposed to release content for it if only half the people apply this fix?. There needs to be an official fix release. That is my only concern.
    True, but I prob wouldn't mind allowing redistribution of it.

If the remap was done from scratch, rather than modifying the DAZ supplied UVs, then there would be no problem in distributing it. However, give Canary 3D a chance to get a reply since her mapping involves least change if she does get permission to share it.

Yes, I redid the seams in Blender and have played with unwrapping it since I got the product.
    Suffered a minor heart attack when I tried to make an AO map and noticed all the overlapping UVs lol.

I saved it as a UV preset so it shows up in the UV Set drop down section in the surfaces tab.
    The image I posted was just a screen shot, I exported the map at 4096x4096.

The issue is assigned now (yay) so back to waiting :)

Well, if Daz doesn't fix the problem and Canary3D doesn't get permission for her fix, I'm SO going to be shooting you a PM for your fix! *LOL*

edited October 2012

KimberSue said:

I am having a lot of trouble adding textures to the supersuit because you have to add a texture to each section (the chest as 22 section in the surface editor) to get it to show up correctly on the font, unless I am doing something wrong. Anyways, I was wondering, on G-Suit, Bodysuit for Genesis by Flipmode, how hard it is to add textures in from made from the uv maps? The page says it is "Split up into 58 material zones" do you have to add something to each of the 58 zones?

Thanks

If I remember correctly, the G-Suit has resource files you can download on the product page here in the Daz store. These are the UV maps you can texture in your favorite paint program of choice (GIMP, Photoshop, etc). Using that would be a lot easier for the G-Suit. Go here for my reply on your concerns on the Supersuit: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/601/P15/\

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

KimberSue said:

Thanks

You can shift click or control click to select multiple surfaces at once. Doing so would greatly speed up the application of textures to the supersuit.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much, that is a huge help.

edited December 1969

To keeo this thread alive, here's a render I did of the full Supersuit. Ring is from Chaomancer Omega: http://chaomanceromega.deviantart.com/art/Lantern-Corps-Rings-156868329

NewGL.jpg
    486 x 631 - 246K
    edited December 1969

Another render.

Frostwhisper1.jpg
    500 x 481 - 85K
    edited December 1969

Now I can add texture but it won't hold it's shape when I save it even though I do exactly what the video tutors say to do.

Just ranting :)

edited December 1969

Keeping this thread going so Daz will be reminded to fix this problem.

Another render! :D

John.jpg
    1000 x 915 - 297K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Voice added. :-)

edited December 1969

Thanks, RAMwolff! :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

:coolgrin: :coolgrin: :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

Yes, my thoughts exactly. :)

edited December 1969

Who wants to see some more renders?! :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Post MOAR. With pie, if you don't mind. :)

edited December 1969

*LOL* I'll see what I can do. ;)

• JayfeatherJayfeather Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Some time ago, I started a thread to try and get Daz's attention on bringing Steph 4 Iconic Shape for Genesis out of the vault and into the store. I didn't quit until it was done. Now look, she's in the store where she belongs. :)
    I'm not going to let this go. I'm going to keep nagging Daz until they fix this.

Thank you for your work has getting the S4 shape for Genesis released for purchase. She went straight into wishlist the second I read that post!

As for the topic at hand, I Don't have much to say about the Super Suit bug, I Don't own it, but I plan to, and when I Do I should hope that this bug is fixed. From the Original post this looks like a rather noobish error, A company like Daz should have caught and fixed it a lot sooner given the high-profile nature of the product in question.

edited December 1969

Your welcome, JayFeather! :)

And I agree 100% with you. But for reasons I have yet to understand, DAZ seems to be letting this one slide. But I won't let them. Not until they fix this or give Canary3D permission to redistribute her fix.

edited October 2012

I don't know if they ever got this fixed for you, so here's an original and free alternative.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65217/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Free-Genesis-Hero-Suit

gheroface.jpg
    800 x 600 - 195K
    gherogroups.jpg
    800 x 600 - 127K
    gheroseams.jpg
    800 x 600 - 87K
    FreeSuitPromo.jpg
    800 x 800 - 342K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

They never fixed it, not yet. :down:

Thanks, Joe! :)

I'll try this out and see how it works. If I run into any problems, I'll let you know. ;)

edited October 2012

They never fixed it, not yet. :down:

Thanks, Joe! :)

I'll try this out and see how it works. If I run into any problems, I'll let you know. ;)

I just noticed that the fingers and feet don't bend quite right. I made the mistake of using the "tight body suit" projection template... silly me.

Take 2: http://www.sharecg.com/v/65219/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Free-Genesis-Bodysuit

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Wow! Thanks, Joe!

Hopefully we will get a lot of people to make textures with it and shame DAZ int fixing their problem.

Is this different from your Merchant Resource for sale at Rendo? (bought it and happy with the purchase, just wondering) And if so, how?

IS there a texture map that comes with it?