Afraid to Buy Anything At All Now...

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I was going to pass on the Fantasy Bath but when I looked over the set a bit more and realized that everything could be useful elsewhere it was a must have but it sits there until this mess is cleaned up. If it goes off sale (and since we have NO way of knowing when things go off sale, which is just retarded) I guess it goes into the wish list and that merchant looses money. I'm sure that will sit well with the merchants after a while DAZ! SIGH! ..............

• edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I was going to pass on the Fantasy Bath but when I looked over the set a bit more and realized that everything could be useful elsewhere it was a must have but it sits there until this mess is cleaned up. If it goes off sale (and since we have NO way of knowing when things go off sale, which is just retarded) I guess it goes into the wish list and that merchant looses money. I'm sure that will sit well with the merchants after a while DAZ! SIGH! ..............

That's a nice set!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited June 2012

RAMWolff said:

Also folks, remember, there is no script running in the background checking to see if you already bought something. I made that mistake once already. I now have to texture packs of the same for one of the new battle outfits that was released a couple of weeks ago now.. With the customer service and sales a mess right now not going to bother with it, it was a piddly amount so not overly upset but just goes to show you how much we have come to depend on that little notice page telling us we already bought something.... SIGH.... :ohh:

You can try this program I'm working on (for Windows, but may work on a Mac with Mono):

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

It will download your history so you can check if you already have a product, using the search function. Not really what it's meant for but it can be used for this until DAZ hopely adds that function again. Note that search will mark all files that matches and jump to the last one on the list, so you must scroll back to see the rest if there are more than one (needs some improvement). When you have updated the database you can load it anytime without logging on.

Can't guarantee that DAZ won't break it when they make changes to the site, but so far it has been working fine.

There's an image with instructions included in the zip.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much!! :-)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

You're welcome! :) Let me know if there are any problems.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Y'all who are choosing not to buy stuff are lucky.. I can't even get products into my cart! No matter how many times I click the button it just sits there looking at me funny. (BRIGHT WHITE and funny looking)

edited December 1969

Hey don't be talking about me like that Willis! lol

• edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Y'all who are choosing not to buy stuff are lucky.. I can't even get products into my cart! No matter how many times I click the button it just sits there looking at me funny. (BRIGHT WHITE and funny looking)

When i said no problems at all I guess that wasn't entirely accurate. Sometimes it takes a while I just click and wait. Once or twice I clicked again and it gave me an error saying 1 at a time but the item would be in the cart.

While I wouldn't give a score of 100 just yet, I was able to checkout a few different times and got what I wanted with no errors in the amount.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

We understand the frustration as well. Many of the tools that worked in our test environment are simply not working the same right now. Our web development team has been working virtually night and day to fix issues.

I just spoke with the developer who is working on the problems with the Plat Club auto renewals. He hopes to have this fixed later today. We understand the frustration and will be providing a free month of PC membership. I know it's not a big amount but we understand that this is a frustration point with many of you.

As we make progress on fixing other issues, and refining the store we will be posting more information on what's been fixed.

I'm sorry for the frustration and problems. We want them fixed as well.

Appreciate the post.

I do have a lot of sympathy, being in the middle of moving a site to another server myself and going nuts. I think it would be VERY helpful for someone official from Daz to update customers on a REGULAR basis. A huge part of the frustration is that we are getting newsletters and forum posts and facebook posts about all these cool new things (and I SO agree with Chuck that it's a TERRIBLE shame the amazing Supersuit was released into the middle of this madness) but almost nothing about what steps are being taken to fix the mess that's going on, or what Daz will do (and I do trust they'll do something) to compensate their customers. And as the days go on with things getting only slowly better, and no word from Daz, customers are getting more and more frustrated. I hate seeing this.

Question - is the free month applying to every PC member (including Annual members) or only ones who are affected by the issue of the monthly auto renewals?

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited June 2012

It isn't really the time for a company to talk about details of 'compensation' when in the middle of a crisis. Their focus is really on just fixing the immediate problems. However, crisis management 101 has 'keep the customer informed and reassured everything is being done that is possible' is at the top of the list. And this shouldn't just be lip service, it needs to be sincere and as informative as possible without inviting too much heckling from the peanut gallery while trying to fix things.

Ofc, it's easy to forget important details like that when busy freaking out.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

We understand the frustration as well. Many of the tools that worked in our test environment are simply not working the same right now. Our web development team has been working virtually night and day to fix issues.

I just spoke with the developer who is working on the problems with the Plat Club auto renewals. He hopes to have this fixed later today. We understand the frustration and will be providing a free month of PC membership. I know it's not a big amount but we understand that this is a frustration point with many of you.

As we make progress on fixing other issues, and refining the store we will be posting more information on what's been fixed.

Thank you for the update. I am indeed frustrated by some of these changes, and will probably just wait to make any further purchases until things settle down.

I'm seeing the Plat Club prices and discounts again. I'm still locked out of the Members forum, but if further updates are at least being posted here, that helps.

• renecyberdocrenecyberdoc Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

i am with you guys i will suspend my shopping for the time beeing new site sucks.sorry to say.

• edited December 1969

I, too, am worried about shopping, Installers have behaved badly. Lost confidence in the store.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

I feel sorry for DAZ. I really do. After the recent success of Genesis and the free release of DS4 Pro it really hurts to see them shoot themselves in the foot like this. Unfortunately you're only as good as the last thing people remember about you. It's pretty clear that they're in over their heads with the new software and I hope they do the sensible thing and get expert help, even it's only temporary, to help sort out the mess.

You're an old friend DAZ. It pains me to see you fall like this. Please do something about it fast.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Thanks for stopping by and at least acknowledging the problems/complaints of your customers. Hopefully when (if ever) the store gets back to a good working condition, you will consider compensating the rest of us (non- Platinum Club members) in some significant manner (and not just a measly $2 coupon) for all our trouble and frustration. Maybe a free PC membership, a free copy of Carrara 8 pro, a big storewide sale at 30% to 50% off, and/or a Buy One Get One Free coupon on ALL DAZ Originals including expensive stuff like Pro Bundles and Carrara Pro..

...and a brand new car

Hey, Ledhead - you spelled Cow wrong!

• edited December 1969

I feel sorry for DAZ. I really do. After the recent success of Genesis and the free release of DS4 Pro it really hurts to see them shoot themselves in the foot like this. Unfortunately you're only as good as the last thing people remember about you. It's pretty clear that they're in over their heads with the new software and I hope they do the sensible thing and get expert help, even it's only temporary, to help sort out the mess.

You're an old friend DAZ. It pains me to see you fall like this. Please do something about it fast.

Some of you folks have really short memories! Not just you Harry, but a lot of the Daz forum veterans. :-)

Success? Really!? Being a seasoned businessman myself, I'd hardly call the DS4/Genesis disaster a success. Alienating half of your customer base and producing tinker toy/everbeta software, is never a path to success. Now, with the other half of their customers having to put up with this hapless site upgrade and broken store, it's probably a good thing for Daz that most here suffer from amnesia.

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

MeshWorks said:

Some of you folks have really short memories! Not just you Harry, but a lot of the Daz forum veterans. :-)

Success? Really!? Being a seasoned businessman myself, I'd hardly call the DS4/Genesis disaster a success. Alienating half of your customer base and producing tinker toy/everbeta software, is never a path to success. Now, with the other half of their customers having to put up with this hapless site upgrade and broken store, it's probably a good thing for Daz that most here suffer from amnesia.

MeshWorks I totally agree with you.

Making business decisions are sometimes difficult, but the decisions to alienate Poser customers, make specific products for their software ONLY while GIVING THE APPEARANCE that they want to crush Poser into the ground plus the disaster with this new store are just lame. Why isn't anyone within DAZ authority using their brains? Why in the world would a business want to actively prevent profits? IMO Genesis looks toon-like and so far from professional. That aside, I've invested a whole lot of money into Poser content over the last 10 years that there is no freaking way I would forego its use to to start up with DS/Genesis. Plus the fact that there are at least two installers for every product and then there's the file structure, which as I understand, has to be installed specifically. My GAWD what a major headache!

Just seems to me that those in charge of the company have not gone to business school. If you want to grow your business then make your software and make it fantastic, but appeal to ALL of your customers. Not just a select few or the new customers you hope to attract. And you don't try to crush the competition, you focus on your business, making it the best it can be and it will grow.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

No app wars, please.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

What confuses me (ok, just a very little bit of what does) is ... I am a PC member (can see the PC forums, etc.), I think I see PC discounts/prices in the store. I get a monthly newsletter (just got one recently). What I do not get is the confirming email of an order, not for any of the orders I have made (a few) using the new site/store. DAZ has my email and details (as witness the newsletter), so that's not the issue - so has someone else received the email confirming the orders? And no, that is not a serious suggestion, it's just a gentle poke that whatever I do in the store (change sort order, items per page) seems to call up someone else's 'profile' - jumping from 160 items in wishlist to 1 item in wishlist .

Having the first day of the month on a Friday may have been providential for DAZ, it gives them the whole weekend to get the PC monthly coupon/voucher/renewal system working.

I certainly hope they can, but based on how long people have been seeing and mentioning/complaining about seeing other account names when they login which, despite only being 'cosmetic', is to my mind quite an urgent issue to address, I am not sure.

edited December 1969

I haven't received any order confirmation emails, nor GC code emails (fortunately Ann can sort the latter out, and the former are available from the account pages) but other people are getting them. There seems to be no rhyme or reason - we know of two people using the same ISP, one of whom gets emails and one of whom doesn't.

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No app wars, please.

Sorry it was perceived that way Richard. Wasn't my intention, just stating my opinion is all.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    What confuses me (ok, just a very little bit of what does) is ... I am a PC member (can see the PC forums, etc.), I think I see PC discounts/prices in the store. I get a monthly newsletter (just got one recently). What I do not get is the confirming email of an order, not for any of the orders I have made (a few) using the new site/store. DAZ has my email and details (as witness the newsletter), so that's not the issue - so has someone else received the email confirming the orders? .....
    I got order confirmations for the few items I purchased, the $1 door sales and the 2 freebies since the site change.

Aside from that and returning to the topic: I too am hesitating to buy something here. :(
    I have to agree I wanted the Fantasy Bath, which is on sale, maybe?? for 9.29, go to check out... nope, not on sale..13.xx.
    Also no PC voucher/coupon, whatever. Oh well, I will now go back to lurk mode. This is no longer amusing, it's a train wreck.

was trying -and wanting- this Fantasy bath and got the same as cimaira.:down: from 9.29 to 18.95 to 13. something then again to 18.95 .... very disappointing and discouraging. I'm very sad about all this. I liked to come here and spend a lot of time here and in the shop browsing and enjoying the promos and so on... not lately :down:

Love, Jeanne

• GralienGralien Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jazzmin said:
    MeshWorks said:

MeshWorks I totally agree with you.

Making business decisions are sometimes difficult, but the decisions to alienate Poser customers, make specific products for their software ONLY while GIVING THE APPEARANCE that they want to crush Poser into the ground plus the disaster with this new store are just lame. Why isn't anyone within DAZ authority using their brains? Why in the world would a business want to actively prevent profits? IMO Genesis looks toon-like and so far from professional. That aside, I've invested a whole lot of money into Poser content over the last 10 years that there is no freaking way I would forego its use to to start up with DS/Genesis. Plus the fact that there are at least two installers for every product and then there's the file structure, which as I understand, has to be installed specifically. My GAWD what a major headache!

Just seems to me that those in charge of the company have not gone to business school. If you want to grow your business then make your software and make it fantastic, but appeal to ALL of your customers. Not just a select few or the new customers you hope to attract. And you don't try to crush the competition, you focus on your business, making it the best it can be and it will grow.
    I agree with all the above. As a retired web designer I cannot understand how Daz could change to a site that obviously has not been tested.
    I have no intention of buying anything until the site is stable.

Sticks head in sand, waits for it to go away:ohh:

• MarkMMarkM Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

The only thing I have bought since the change was the supersuit bundle and so far I haven't recieved a confirmation e-mail . Also I can't download it or apparently anything else I have ordered . I have put in a ticket , reset the order , cleared the internet cache and everything else I could find on the forums , so far nothing is working .
    I'm trying to be patient but it only goes so far , I would suggest to DAZ that if they can't get us what we ordered though the webpage then pack it on to a cheap usb drive and mail it to us .

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I haven't received any order confirmation emails

I got one last night, after "buying" this week's freebie — my third order since the store change. Newsletters, yes, forum e-bots, yes, but that was all until last night.

(It's also my last order for the time being, as noted in my post here.)
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

MeshWorks said:

If I may say something to both of the above quotes: Unless any of us has any real insight into the DAZ company, we can hardly be judges of whether or not Genesis and DS4 were a success or not. We don't know what exactly DAZ aimed for and if they got there and we don't know whether or not they managed to increase their revenues. The only ones who know if the last year was a success for DAZ, is DAZ themselves.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited June 2012

Barubary said:
    MeshWorks said:

If I may say something to both of the above quotes: Unless any of us has any real insight into the DAZ company, we can hardly be judges of whether or not Genesis and DS4 were a success or not. We don't know what exactly DAZ aimed for and if they got there and we don't know whether or not they managed to increase their revenues. The only ones who know if the last year was a success for DAZ, is DAZ themselves.

Still in business? check.
    No massive layoffs? check.
    No exodus of Officers? check.

by definition of business: success.

According to all communications from DAZ ,Genesis and DS4 were great successes. Going by the deployment numbers, DAZ has achieved dominance over their market segment with DS4 -- and Genesis. Those PAs who have spoken have indicated that sales of Genesis content have exceeded sales of Gen4 content, in some cases by several multiples. While venders of Gen4 content (at other sites) still grouse about "no one buying " So, unless one wants to use perjoritive adjectives in reference to those who have passed along this information, one would have to say that both DS4 and Genesis have been successes, both for DAZ and the PAs.

With that being said, I do wonder why the store and/or the forums have not been shifted to the "ca1" server until the current issues with this install are resolved.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • JulesartJulesart Posts: 20
    edited June 2012

I have found purchases on my credit cards that I have not made. I tried calling Daz but kept getting the answering machine. I left my number for a call back and never got one so I had no choice but to place that charge into dispute which I did not want to do. The customer service here where I could have submitted a ticket to get this resolved was not working either. I am to very disappointed and I now have to go through all my statements to be sure this doesn't happen again. I have checked my purchase history and that charge does not appear there. I am sure it was a glitch but I need it to be fixed. I am being held responsible for this purchase and it had to be paid now!!!! I can't pay for something I did not buy obviously! I love this website and I understand the problems Daz is facing but I had to do what I needed to do to try to get this resolved.

Post edited by Julesart on
    edited December 1969

Have you opened a support ticket? You don't say when you called, but assuming it was in fact in business hours they are likely to have been pretty much slammed with other calls and tickets.

• Lost_UtopianLost_Utopian Posts: 104
    edited December 1969

Sorry Richard, openong a support ticket seems to do nothing around either. I have one order and clicking on any of the downloads simply tells me "Link is not available" "Sorry this download is currently unavailable" " Please go to your account and check you order status" I did that, status says complete. I have another order that is sitting at pending for a couple days now. I filled out a support ticket. It says it is currently being looked at. But no comments have been left on it and both issues still persist.

Ya, go fill out a support ticket, that'll keep ya quiet for a couple days!!