Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

You're welcome Wonderland. We mentioned that in previous threads but it's been a few years. (wow.) 

One of the pose sets that I find have natural looking ones or easy to tweak are Lend Her Grace. (Lol, Khory is popular with me the past two days.) Anyway, with only a few tweaks needed here and there if you have bulky clothes, like pant folds that stick up. Halina is the model. I didn't do much with the lighting as there's another product I need to show you fairly quickly.

lendhergracehalina1.jpg
    511 x 575 - 126K
    lendhergracehalina2.jpg
    311 x 575 - 87K
    lendhergracehalina3.jpg
    311 x 575 - 98K
    lendhergracehalina4.jpg
    311 x 575 - 77K
    lendhergracehalina5.jpg
    311 x 575 - 82K
    edited May 2016

And a few more.

lendhergracehalina6.jpg
    311 x 575 - 81K
    lendhergracehalina7.jpg
    311 x 575 - 80K
    lendhergracehalina8.jpg
    311 x 575 - 71K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2016

Okay, in Fast Grab- the Sands of Time comes with the hourglass, props, and poses. You can use Surfaces and take away the hourglass except for the sand, and plop it on top of something else. Or use shaders and change it. Has good poses!

sands of time.jpg
    611 x 575 - 282K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited May 2016
    Novica said:

Okay, in Fast Grab- the Sands of Time comes with the hourglass, props, and poses. You can use Surfaces and take away the hourglass except for the sand, and plop it on top of something else. Or use shaders and change it. Has good poses!

I don't see Sands of Time in Fast Grab. Are you sure?

Post edited by barbult on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited May 2016

I have several industrial sets (oil refinery, iron furnace) so couldn't resist Sawmill. Here's an Iray render of the mill. Skydome is from Iray SkyDome Super PAK. The trees are two copies of Forest to give enough coverage since they are in the background. From what I've seen scrolling around the mill, lots of spots to set scenes. The materials render nicely. I added in the cameras (17 of them load) from the Forest and they mostly end up in useful spots.  

Sawmill Iray.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by RGcincy on
    barbult said:
    Novica said:

I don't see Sands of Time in Fast Grab. Are you sure?

Oops, Dragonfly3D's store, 60% off.

RGcincy said:

I have several industrial sets (oil refinery, iron furnace) so couldn't resist Sawmill. Here's an Iray render of the mill. Skydome is from Iray SkyDome Super PAK. The trees are two copies of Forest to give enough coverage since they are in the background. From what I've seen scrolling around the mill, lots of spots to set scenes. The materials render nicely. I added in the cameras (17 of them load) from the Forest and they mostly end up in useful spots.  

That looks like a huge set too. I image it did take 17 cameras!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,697
    edited May 2016

OMG, this new animal sale is killing me. There is no way I can afford everything I put in my cart, even at 60% off! Question: I already have the mil horse and big mil cats. What is the difference between version 2? The only reason the  DAZ horse 2 interests me really is because of those llamas! There is real fur now for big cats 1, what really is the advantage of 2? Except I want those white tigers.... And all those whales and fish are perfect for the lagoon. And those peacocks and swans and owls and macaws and cockatiels and doves and pigeons can add so much interest to a scene... And how often do they have sales on animals and are they ever more than 60% off? I bought a lottery ticket, I better check it LOL...

Post edited by Wonderland on

Sorry, haven't been online. I haven't really compared the two horses. And yes, we discussed the llamas in this thread the minute we saw them, they are SO adorable! To answer your quesiton in general, they do go at more than 60% off occasionally, and some even go in Fast Grab. I think the peacock was featured there within the past six months, can't be positive on the time though. Noggins store goes on sale (I just got the rat iirc not too long ago) so yes, you can pick them up here and there. I'd say buy what you know you'll use and pick the rest up as they become featured.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,697

Thanks, but in my mind I'm thinking how I can use all of them! Urrghhhh! And I did not win the lottery of course....These sales are crazy. I've never spent so much money in my life on so many things that are actually on sale for 50%-90% off, but you're afraid this will be cheapest they will be for a long time, then two weeks later they're even cheaper and the thing you're waiting for to go on sale, never does...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Thanks, but in my mind I'm thinking how I can use all of them! Urrghhhh! And I did not win the lottery of course....These sales are crazy. I've never spent so much money in my life on so many things that are actually on sale for 50%-90% off, but you're afraid this will be cheapest they will be for a long time, then two weeks later they're even cheaper and the thing you're waiting for to go on sale, never does...

If they are cheaper two weeks later, submit a help request to sales and ask for store credit for the difference.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    Novica said:

You're welcome Wonderland. We mentioned that in previous threads but it's been a few years. (wow.) 

One of the pose sets that I find have natural looking ones or easy to tweak are Lend Her Grace. (Lol, Khory is popular with me the past two days.) Anyway, with only a few tweaks needed here and there if you have bulky clothes, like pant folds that stick up. Halina is the model. I didn't do much with the lighting as there's another product I need to show you fairly quickly.

I just wanted to say thank you for mentioning these poses and the ceramic shaders. And the lovely renders of course. Both of those were labors of love and I wasn't sure that they would be liked. I'm a big fan of the pre-raphaelites and I pulled most of the poses from them. But you never know with poses that are not super sexy. The ceramics.. Well I did them originally a couple of years ago and they were refused. So I cuddled them to my heart as one does with something they love and held onto the idea. I finally braved up to redo them for Iray. Of course in the end I pretty much redid them all from scratch. Truth be told the raku shaders are my faves. I did some raku pots at college that are absolute crap but I adore them anyway. 

Khory said:

I just wanted to say thank you for mentioning these poses and the ceramic shaders. And the lovely renders of course. Both of those were labors of love and I wasn't sure that they would be liked. I'm a big fan of the pre-raphaelites and I pulled most of the poses from them. But you never know with poses that are not super sexy. The ceramics.. Well I did them originally a couple of years ago and they were refused. So I cuddled them to my heart as one does with something they love and held onto the idea. I finally braved up to redo them for Iray. Of course in the end I pretty much redid them all from scratch. Truth be told the raku shaders are my faves. I did some raku pots at college that are absolute crap but I adore them anyway. 

Sure! They're wonderful. I owned a brick and mortar ceramics studio here in Pensacola (and online business for eight years before that) and I've not done raku but that process is amazing and the results look so surreal. I poured molds but didn't do the wheel or hand build, but I can certainly understand the sense of pride when making something from scratch!

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

I was told that I was too out of balance on the planet to ever hand throw properly.. In other words, I could not find my center so my pots would never center on the wheel. Oh well. I did love the experience though. For anyone who has never seen raku done it is perhaps the most amazing hands on way to do ceramic glaze. You put the pots in an special kiln that can have the top lifted off and then when the pot is hot enough you carefully slide tongs in and lift it out and promptly put it down in something that will burn. Then you toss more of the sawdust or straw or what ever your using over it and sort of cover it while it smokes. That smoke and the few seconds that it is exposed t o the air on its way over are what make it magical. You have no way of knowing how the colors will form our how it will look when it comes out of the pit. BTW.. I've seen the raku ceramics used on a dress to really amazing effect. Not the shiny one. The other one.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I used to paint ceramics.... The reactions between the glaze, the fire and the environment was one of the things I loved the most about it. I make glass beads now and there are some amazing chemical reactions you can get between the flame and the glass, how much oxygen you are running, or how much propane can change the look entirely. and some of it, you never know what's going to happen or how its going to turn out until the kiln gets turned off because some of the glass reacts to the environment and temperatures in the kiln as its cooling as well.  Chemistry at its best lol. 

And i for one appreciate poses that are less in your face sexy.  They aren't that easy to find!

edited May 2016
    Novica said:

That looks like a huge set too. I image it did take 17 cameras!

Just to give an idea of size, here's a more distant view of the sawmill with a fork lift and driver added.

Sawmill fork lift.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by RGcincy on

Geez Rich, that poor fork lift driver better get a map! Thanks for showing us.

The DIM update just now had a changed print size and font. The DIM thread doesn't list anything new being done. Wonder what's the change? 

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited May 2016

Invited Guest Contributer

Items used:

- CyberD Model 1 http://www.daz3d.com/cyberd-model-1

- https://d.adroll.com/cm/index/outhttps://d.adroll.com/cm/n/outDogs of War Poses http://www.daz3d.com/dogs-of-war-poses

- Reality 4.2 - DAZ Studio Edition  http://www.daz3d.com/reality-4-daz-studio-edition

robo dog.png
    1280 x 791 - 1M
    Post edited by Sasje on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,606
    Novica said:

BTW, did you notice Lyoness has the "no brow" option for LY Emi ? So it's a good thing because it expands your options, but someone tell clueless me what you do with that? Is it a layered image opportunity or a fabulous skins thing where eyebrows are included and you choose one? Anyway, thanks Lyoness for doing something different!

hey there.  Noticed your question here and thought I'd let you know why I started including the no brow option since Serenity.

People are starting to make fibermesh brows for sale, it's to improve even more on the realism of the characters.  Also, Zev0 included eyebrows in his growing up skin so you can customize what kind of eyebrow that you want.  Usually I make shades of brown eyebrow and very rarely do blonde or red.... this you YOUR opportunity to have that eyebrow on the character of your choice.  Also, if you are so inclined, you can customize makeup or facepaint.  There are many great options with LIE makeups that extend past the eyebrow.... so a no brow option is a great way to use those without it getting weird.

The no brow option comes with full supplemental files... so the bump and spec are custom.

NOW.... doesn't the no brow option seem awesome??

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,221
    Lyoness said:
    Novica said:

BTW, did you notice Lyoness has the "no brow" option for LY Emi ? So it's a good thing because it expands your options, but someone tell clueless me what you do with that? Is it a layered image opportunity or a fabulous skins thing where eyebrows are included and you choose one? Anyway, thanks Lyoness for doing something different!

hey there.  Noticed your question here and thought I'd let you know why I started including the no brow option since Serenity.

People are starting to make fibermesh brows for sale, it's to improve even more on the realism of the characters.  Also, Zev0 included eyebrows in his growing up skin so you can customize what kind of eyebrow that you want.  Usually I make shades of brown eyebrow and very rarely do blonde or red.... this you YOUR opportunity to have that eyebrow on the character of your choice.  Also, if you are so inclined, you can customize makeup or facepaint.  There are many great options with LIE makeups that extend past the eyebrow.... so a no brow option is a great way to use those without it getting weird.

The no brow option comes with full supplemental files... so the bump and spec are custom.

NOW.... doesn't the no brow option seem awesome??

and very welcome.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

This was not meant to be encrypted.  The last I saw it's being worked on store-end.  

Sasje said:

Invited Guest Contributer

Items used:

- CyberD Model 1 http://www.daz3d.com/cyberd-model-1

- https://d.adroll.com/cm/index/outhttps://d.adroll.com/cm/n/outDogs of War Poses http://www.daz3d.com/dogs-of-war-poses

- Reality 4.2 - DAZ Studio Edition  http://www.daz3d.com/reality-4-daz-studio-edition

Great image, Sasje!  I hope you will not mind if I show it to others in my dog threads.  :)

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835

Thank you  ​Cris Palomino, I'ts okay if you want to show to others smiley

Thanks for sharing Sasje- that is a great render, wonderful details!

Lyoness- thanks for the explanation. Wonderful options!

Folks, carry on without me for awhile. For some reason, I'm having an intense migraine off and on since yesterday. It's getting better, but isn't quite stabilized yet. I haven't had a migraine in a couple years, so just going to go watch tv and sleep it off- and definitely not rendering/concentrating on anything. Appreciate you folks sharing and posting. Back soon!

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

Feel better, Novica. 

Hope your migraine clears up quickly Novica. My wife and two daughters suffer from them off and on, not fun to have. Get a good rest.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Take care and rest Novica

Hi, thanks! Much better now. Not zipping out of the chairs or anything, but moving along. Made me so mad, I wanted that classroom in Fast Grab and didn't even feel like going back and checking out so it went poof. So, what's everyone buying? I did get the Iray Enviro Cam but definitely can't tackle that at the moment. Anyone piddled with it yet? 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Must be going around.  Had an overnight retreat with the womens group at church and was miserable the whole time.  My head hurt so bad I spent most of it hoping I would make it home before getting really sick.  Home now with a heat pack on my neck and curled up in bed with the critters.  Haven't even looked at whats for sale.  I picked up the enviro cam too but won't be playing with anything until I feel better. Haven't had a migraine this bad in years.... Glad you are feeling better Novika.

Ouch.  Well, at least it's not snowing here in Florida like it was in a few places a couple days ago in in the United States. This is crazy weather! (Again, hurricane season should be a doozy this year. Only a couple weeks away.)  I like extra strength tylenol because that can be every 6-8 hours and it's 500mg. I only take one at a time (not two) and I only needed two. You cuddle up with the critters and sleep if you can! 

This discussion has been closed.