Platinum Club announcement restricted to current PC members?

greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Clicked on the "announcement" when I saw it (here in the "commons") and I get:

The following errors were encountered
You are not authorized to view this forum

I've been considering re-joining the PC club but i have held off for the anniversary month and now I can't even see what the announcement says? I've really been on the fence about it considering all of the problems people have been having with the pc club lately but seeing what the offer is for restarting/renewal might just tip the balance in favor of going ahead and doing it...

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

Some people were getting that, but I think it should be working now. If you still get the same message, could you try logging out and back in again and see if that helps?

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Nope still getting the same thing even after logging out & back in again.

I did catch the pc anniversary banner and was able to look at that page but even so I still remain on the fence at the moment. I was a pc member for several years so I do know the value of it but all the issues people have had really has me nervous about joining back up right now. I remember getting several products as a bonus for signing up in the past and was kind of hoping they had continued that.

Right now the top thing for me is the gen3 iconic shapes bundle for genesis and doing the math it looks like it will probably be a wash between just buying it outright vs. joining pc and buying it. Guess I'm going to have to think on that a bit more.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

you're not the only one!!
    between this and the whole lack of subsciption issue, and the kind of depressing announcement not a big loss though.

If you're the lucky winners, cool.
    If not, well.... too bad.

Meh.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

I am getting it as well.

-MJ

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

For those of you that can't see the message here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8648_4/

Platinum Club 10th Anniversary!

It’s been 10 amazing years and we want to celebrate with you!

We’ve lined up loads of specials through the month of October, so keep checking back to the Members Only forum for details. There’s freebies, coupons, extravaganza bundles, super savings, and of course heaps of fantastic new releases from all your favorite Platinum Club artists.

If you are not a Platinum Club Member Join Now to take advantage of savings ALL MONTH LONG!

Join NOW!

Platinum Club Members follow the discussion in the Members Only Forum HERE!

edited December 1969

Can someone please clarify a few things with me regarding the PC Membership Anniversary Promotion?

#1 - Regarding *THIS*:
    10% Increase in PC discount
    from 30% to 40%

AND *THIS*:
    DAZ Originals Sales
    50% off DAZ Originals for a limited time

What is the total discount on Daz Originals? Can someone please verify if they are actually giving BOTH?

#2 - Regarding *THIS*:
    $10 in coupons
    $6 + $4 Coupons for DAZ Originals
    $6 = 10-12PlatClub, $4 = PC-ANN1VERS@RY4

AND *THIS*:
    Get $10.00 off
    Coupon good for $10 off DAZ Originals
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

Are they offering 3 coupons which cannot be combined and each one has to be applied to an individual order totaling $20 coupons?

#3 - Regarding *THIS*:
    Members Choice
    Choose your favorites to get 50% off vote now

Wasn't the "Members Choice" items reduced to $1.99 for PC members and not just 50% off?

Also can someone please publish the current list as with me currently NOT being a PC member, the "Vote Now" link doesnt work for me.

Please advise and thanks in advance!

-MJ

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited October 2012

MJ007 said:
    Can someone please clarify a few things with me regarding the PC Membership Anniversary Promotion?

#3 - Regarding *THIS*:
    Members Choice

Wasn't the "Members Choice" items reduced to $1.99 for PC members and not just 50% off?

Also can someone please publish the current list as with me currently NOT being a PC member, the "Vote Now" link doesnt work for me.

-MJ

The Member's Choice sale winners were $1.88 in 2010 (8th anniv), $1.99 in 2011, and probably $1.99 in the years before 2010.

The 50% off is combined with existing 40%-discounted price = 70% (See later in the thread for how the math works).

(Chohole noted this while I was off checking my memory on the pricing, which I've edited in below)

And then Chohole posted something which showed me boo boos I've now corrected.

*sigh* I'm not going to keep noting every edit.

Out of the ten products listed, please vote once for the one you’d most like to see on sale. The five products with the most votes will then be put on sale for 50% off!

Voting ends on Thursday Oct 4 and we’ll put the items on sale Friday.

Your choices are:

1. Trey for M4
    2. Arkangel
    3. Doctor Bundle
    4. Freya’s Courage Realm
    5. Battle Maiden
    6. M4 Leather Jacket
    7. Pyrit Hair
    8. Journeyer Scout for M4
    9. Reby Sky Elite Hair
    10. Blood Bound

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

-MJ

It’s going to be 50% off the current price so an overall discount of 70% for Platinum Club members.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited October 2012

I've been considering re-joining the PC club but i have held off for the anniversary month and now I can't even see what the announcement says? I've really been on the fence about it considering all of the problems people have been having with the pc club lately but seeing what the offer is for restarting/renewal might just tip the balance in favor of going ahead and doing it...

For what it's worth I'm in the exact same boat. I'm a former PC member considering joining again but have been reluctant/hesitant because of all the problems I have heard. Much of that was back when the new store first went live and everything was screwing up though, so I figured much of it might be fixed now and plus the problems seemed more intermittent then universal. So the deal maker/breaker was going to be the membership price. If it was discounted then I'd go ahead but if it wasn't then I wouldn't.

In my case though I was able to see the promo and at least at this point they're offering no discount. It looks like they are at first glance because they show the annual membership as $69 in big numbers but in smaller darker text in the graphic it says Plus $30 Activation so it's currently $99 which is full price.

I guess they're not interested in getting new members because as it currently is there is no additional incentive (compared to any time other then the PC Anniversary) for new people to join. I mean sure once you join there are deals and in general it's a nice promo as it usually is but in a failing economy it's alot to ask people to pay almost $100 for a year or almost $30 for a month first before they can access the other deals. I dunno maybe Daz thinks most people have hundreds of dollars to blow on non essentials just a few months before the big holiday season? They don't of course, well except the top 2% of the country, but hey, why let a silly thing like reality get in the way?

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
  • CyonixCyonix Posts: 210
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    MJ007 said:

#3 - Regarding *THIS*:
    Members Choice

-MJ

The Member's Choice sale winners were $1.88 in 2010 (8th anniv), $1.99 in 2011, and probably $1.99 in the years before 2010.

The 50% off is added to the 30% existing discount = 70% (Chohole noted this while I was off checking my memory on the pricing)

Out of the ten products listed, please vote once for the one you’d most like to see on sale. The five products with the most votes will then be put on sale for 50% off!

Your choices are:

1. Trey for M4
    2. Arkangel
    3. Doctor Bundle
    4. Freya’s Courage Realm
    5. Battle Maiden
    6. M4 Leather Jacket
    7. Pyrit Hair
    9. Reby Sky Elite Hair
    10. Blood Bound

So no voting for 1.99 items this year? I'm very disappointed. And what a small list to choose from....last year's list had about a hundred items to choose from, with more added each week to replace those that won.

If this is all there is, count me out. I'll spend my money on other things (like a Droid X).

edited October 2012

Cyonix said:

So no voting for 1.99 items this year? I'm very disappointed.

I'm dissapointed, too. That was the best sale of the year, for me.

My budget is relieved, but...

Already have the coupon degrade, now this is still less value for my membership.
    (The coupon bit is not their fault, and they hope to restore it, someday s..., if I recall. But from the customer POV, it is still a big dent in the value).

The remaining perks are probably enough to keep me, but I've got some weighing to do, before I renew.

And what a small list to choose from....last year's list had about a hundred items to choose from, with more added each week to replace those that won.

If this is all there is, count me out. I'll spend my money on other things (like a Droid X).

I don't blame you. I wouldn't join for that.

I may pick up something in the next 3 votes, if they come up with anything I care about.

No-Genesis PC Members will be pleased to see a number non-Genesis items, but displeased that they can't get the whole mess for $79.60.
    (In real life, they'd skip what they have or don't want, but that'd be the max a person could get).

• LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:

The 50% off is added to the 30% existing discount = 70% (Chohole noted this while I was off checking my memory on the pricing)

*Shakes the calculator* Dang it! No matter what I do I cannot seem to get 50% and 30% to add up to 70%!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

50% off an item that is discount by 40% at present does appear to become 70% off the original price to me

I quoted from a post by DAZ_Ryan. I guess he maybe got muddled and said 30% which is normal PC discount, but at the moment DO's are 40% discount.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

#1 - Regarding *THIS*:
    10% Increase in PC discount
    from 30% to 40%

AND *THIS*:
    DAZ Originals Sales
    50% off DAZ Originals for a limited time

What is the total discount on Daz Originals? Can someone please verify if they are actually giving BOTH?

#2 - Regarding *THIS*:
    $10 in coupons
    $6 + $4 Coupons for DAZ Originals
    $6 = 10-12PlatClub, $4 = PC-ANN1VERS@RY4

AND *THIS*:
    Get $10.00 off
    Coupon good for $10 off DAZ Originals
    $10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

Are they offering 3 coupons which cannot be combined and each one has to be applied to an individual order totaling $20 coupons?

-MJ

Hi MJ, I just processed an order...it wouldn't allow me to put two coupons against the order. so I used the standard pc monthly coupon. I'm assuming I can use the $4 one on another order.

I'm unsure whether the $10 coupon is valid yet as it's in the things to come column. Can anyone verify if it's useable yet and if so is it a once off item?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:

*Shakes the calculator* Dang it! No matter what I do I cannot seem to get 50% and 30% to add up to 70%!

The 30% is 40% for October, so .5 * .6 = .3

• LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:

The 30% is 40% for October, so .5 * .6 = .3

LOL, I had already figured out the higher math. (Although, if you add 50+30, it still isn't 70 . . . even though I know what you mean.)

Because of the wording of the message, many people may not understand the true nature of the discount. The notice makes it look like the discount is 50% off the regular prices. Someone may want to edit that.

edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:

Your choices are:

1. Trey for M4
    2. Arkangel
    3. Doctor Bundle
    4. Freya’s Courage Realm
    5. Battle Maiden
    6. M4 Leather Jacket
    7. Pyrit Hair
    9. Reby Sky Elite Hair
    10. Blood Bound

Is this it?!?!?!?! As said the list of votable items is typically *MUCH* longer! Wow. And of these 10, how many makes the PC discounted rate?

Ouch!

-MJ

• CyonixCyonix Posts: 210
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    T Jaiman said:

Your choices are:

1. Trey for M4
    2. Arkangel
    3. Doctor Bundle
    4. Freya’s Courage Realm
    5. Battle Maiden
    6. M4 Leather Jacket
    7. Pyrit Hair
    9. Reby Sky Elite Hair
    10. Blood Bound

Is this it?!?!?!?! As said the list of votable items is typically *MUCH* longer! Wow. And of these 10, how many makes the PC discounted rate?

Ouch!

-MJ

It should also be noted that the Doctor Bundle actually was in last year's PC voting (I checked my purchase history, I bought it for $1.99 last year), so anyone who participated in last year's sale likely has that one already. Journeyer Scout for M4 is also in the M4 Toughness Bundle (the first one), which was also voted into the $1.99 sale last year. And Freya's Courage Realm includes the Freya outfit which was also part of a bundle that got voted into last year's sale (think it was the Really Good Bundle, can't say for sure)...

Plus, 70% off is NOT the same as $1.99....Let's use Freya's Courage Realm as an example:

Original Cost: $39.95
    With 70% Discount: $11.98

True, that's a pretty decent discount, but that's still $9.99 HIGHER than the usual PC Sale price (that's $9.99 that could go towards other items IF a $1.99 sale was going on)

It's kinda hard to justify $30 for ONE MONTH of PC Membership without the $1.99 sale. (I know, it's technically $7.95 a month, but there's a $22 activation fee....hmmm....you know, DAZ, if you were to get rid of that activation fee, even if just for the month of the PC Sale, I'm sure more people might consider joining....though again, the lack of a $1.99 sale is still a dealbreaker for me)

edited December 1969

That's VERY disappointing indeed!

-MJ

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

maybe the new store software can't do fixed price sales? as opposed to percents.

man, i feel like an old veteran.

This year I'm gonna sit back and watch the new members be enthusiastic for the festivities. ;)

• KinichKinich Posts: 857
    edited December 1969

A couple of points for those looking at the members Choice voting this year.

1. Of the ten items listed 5 will go on sale for 50% off.
    2. The voting ends on Thursday, and the items go live at the discounted price on Friday

I assume that (and I thought I read it somewhere but I can't find it now - maybe I imagined it) that a new list will appear next week, 50% off is not as good as $1.99 but I guess we'll have to see.

edited December 1969

Kinich said:
    I assume that (and I thought I read it somewhere but I can't find it now - maybe I imagined it) that a new list will appear next week,

Huh, I don't see that stated either, but I didn't look very hard. That would be a hell of a note if it was one week, wouldn't it?

I'm sure it'll still be a-vote-per-week, like it has been.

edited October 2012

maybe the new store software can't do fixed price sales? as opposed to percents.

Whoa, good point, I hadn't thought of that... I'm trying to remember if I've seen a fixed sale price since the move... kinda think... I dunno.

man, i feel like an old veteran.

Heh, you are from my POV.

This year I'm gonna sit back and watch the new members be enthusiastic for the festivities. ;)

I'm there, already. It's all old hat to me now. "Oh... hey... another sale... uh... woohoo?"

(I still buy stuff, I just wore out the omigod factor).

edited October 2012

T Jaiman said:
    I'm there, already. It's all old hat to me now. "Oh... hey... another sale... uh... woohoo?"

In years past. myself, and a few select others formed The Animals & Monsters Consortium (AMC) and we rounded up votes and basically competed with the other factions jockeying for placement in the top spots: "New Stuff", "M4 Stuff", "V4 Stuff", "A3 Stuff", etc. to ensure we got certain things we wanted every week. But thats when the list of potentials were like 50 items (roughly) long, and the top 9 (i think) items made the cut. It was ALOT of hard work, and politicing, and negotiating, but it was very entertaining with all the renders and pleas to encourage votes for "their platform".

I just checked the thread on a fellow pc member account and its... "Ho hum". Now with only 10 items to vote on... and nothing really note worthy, and then the prices only gets dropped another 50% and not to PC prices... it just aint that fun = not worth it.

So im GLADLY sitting on the sidelines with you guys this year.

"The ole' Daz forums she AINT what she use to be... AINT what she use to be... AINT what she use to be".

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
    edited October 2012

MJ007 said:
    T Jaiman said:

In years past. myself, and a few select others formed The Animals & Monsters Consortium (AMC) and we rounded up votes and basically competed with the other factions jockeying for placement in the top spots: "New Stuff", "M4 Stuff", "V4 Stuff", "A3 Stuff", etc. to ensure we got certain things we wanted every week. But thats when the list of potentials were like 50 items (roughly) long, and the top 9 (i think) items made the cut. It was ALOT of hard work, and politicing, and negotiating, but it was very entertaining with all the renders and pleas to encourage votes for "their platform".

I remember that!

2010 was a blast (The top 10 won, that year. Ties for 10th place would be decided by a mod, or someone).
    People who had an item would post their appealing renders, and/or extoll the virtues of it. Those who didn't have it would post promos or links.
    The list was so huge, that people would post updates on the vote, with the current top 10 and runners up. Items that slipped below 10 would see a desperate burst of lobbying. Everybody was making their case. I even got into it, a little, as a newb.

I got DS3A for $1.88! When too many people missed week 1, they put it in week 3, too! (It won again).

I think they reduced the nominees, or winners, or something in 2011, I don't find a saved page, though.

And now... well...

For those of you who never saw that, and can't quite picture it...

I'm not going to count them all, but here's a list of what you could vote for in week 4 in 2010. (I happened to save some pages).

50's Dress for Kids 4 Almirena Dress Almirena Dress Textures Angeluz Fantasy Armor Beach Set Boys Blood Bound Captain Rebel Casual Wear for V4 Classy Flounce Skirt and Top Cocktail Dress 2 Dark Wolf Hair Digital Curlz Hairstyle DMR Ella DMR Ellas Clothes DMR Ellas Quest Dragon Bridge Dragon Port Dragonworld: Wildenlander Duchesse Hair Epiphany Gown Every Day Girls Forest Dryad Bundle Frangipani Bundle Hadara Hair Hardcore M4 Hellsing V4 Henseki's Rune Historical Armor for V4 Horizon Redux Jersey Jacket for Victoria 4 Jess for V4 and S4 Karate Gi for V4 Karate Gi M4 Knight Champion for M4 L75 War Alistair L75 War Oso Leggings Outfit Lux Lucis M4 Dynamic Polo Shirt M4 Dynamic T-Shirt M4 Elite Ethnic Faces M4 Elite Texture Jeremy M4 Elite Texture Sol M4 Elite Texture: Lee Mark Hair Michael 4 Morphs++ Millennium Big Cat Millennium Horse Bundle Mon Chevalier Hair Neoclassical Gown and Robe Omega Huntress X Phantasie Pixiedust Outfit Raphael for M4 RM Esmeray Gothic RM Jared Scarlet Nights (outfit) Scarlet Nights Expansion Scarlet Nights Hair Sci Fi Sets and Vehicles Bundle Serenade Hair Shane Hair SKINsource M4 SKINsource V4 Svana V4 The Chamber of Sorrows The Dark Star The Firearm Pack The Sacred Rouge Outfit Trey for M4 V4 Elite Ethnic Faces V4 Elite Texture: Amy V4 Elite Texture: Lana V4 Elite Texture: Marie V4 Elite Texture: Maya V4 Heartbeat Hair V4 Ranger V4 Ranger Textures V4 Teen Ashley - Mega Pack Victoria 4.2 Morphs++ Wild Hunt: Wildenlander for Michael 3

edited October 2012

This is what I thought we were getting, this year...

(Sorry, saved pages display weirdly for me - I had to highlight to make text readable).

I'll try to quit clogging up the thread....

Members_Choice_4.jpg
    953 x 862 - 324K
  • edited December 1969

I got the same message. Also, I don't see the PC prices any more & haven't gotten my October PC coupon code.

I don't get it. Sept.1, I got an email informing me that as a "Welcome Back" promotion, I was getting PC club membership free through December & the email. I can only guess that the membership was mistakenly done through 9/30, not 12/31.

Yes, I'm heading over to open a ticket.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited October 2012

It must be able to... ? Could DAZ really have elected to switch to a commerce platform that can't handle that?!

Even if it's just a manual process, surely they could use the PC functionality to temporarily change prices for PC members?

I don't know, but I sincerely hope that's not the issue! :)

Post edited by ShaneWSmith on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

They must be able to set a specific price, since they've done so when they reduce $1.99 PC items to $.99 temporarily. The discounts show up, but they are not all the same....

edited October 2012

@Alisa Uh-Lisa: Oh yeah. I didn't think of that.

Update:

The winners are now $1.99. :cheese:

But there's no mention of any more rounds of Members Choice (that I have found).

For this year’s Platinum Club Anniversary we’re giving you the opportunity to decide what you want on sale!

Out of the ten products listed, please vote once for the one you’d most like to see on sale. The five products with the most votes will then be put on sale for 1.99!

And the Winners Are:

3. Doctor Bundle
    1. Trey for M4
    7. Pyrit Hair
    5. Battle Maiden
    4. Freya’s Courage Realm

The sale ends Monday October 8 (12:00 midnight DAZ Time)