Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Novica said:

Sonja, that is a beautiful render! Well done!

Thank you!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Well not much cleavage in this one lol. This is Aylin for Gen3F from Darwins Mishap(s).

This is beautiful! your water is amazing, and I love the alien plants.

Thank you! The water is part of the Iray Worlds Sky Dome.  Didn't have to do anything but put it in the scene - water sky lights. with lots of options to move the light in the sky etc or change the sky mats.

I did it fairly quickly with the Kalea render, but I had draw dome off and draw ground off and everything still rendered. Is it supposed to do that?  I could have sworn when Draw Dome is off, those skies shouldn't render. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    edited May 2016

Here's a first look at Opal for Genesis 3 Female. Iray renders of full body and head shot. Hair is Krayon Hair for Genesis 3 Female. Dress is MeriMay for Genesis 2 Female. Light set is Scintillant Portrait Lights for Iray. Another good older woman character. As with many of the other older characters I have (MeMoo, Joanie), older = heavier as her body is plump. Some of the clothes I tried tended to cling too much especially in the lower waist/upper thigh region. This dress does too, although the pattern tends to hide it. I'll have to give fit control a try.  

Opal Full.jpg
    923 x 1200 - 411K
    Opal Head.jpg
    615 x 800 - 270K
    Post edited by RGcincy on

I have her but haven't rendered yet, good to see her. The hair works well with her too. I really like the sagging eyebrows, those are very realistic. 

Novica said:

I have her but haven't rendered yet, good to see her. The hair works well with her too. I really like the sagging eyebrows, those are very realistic. 

I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with for her. I might blend Opal in with some of the other older characters to see what variation can be achieved. 

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    jakiblue said:

Because every time we seem to get close to a new figure - rumblings, rumours, people spotting names in descriptions etc - it's not Monique. 

jakiblue said:

I've given up hope on seeing a Monique 7

Why?

At least there is a Beautiful darkskinned Character in today's new releases.

http://www.daz3d.com/jazmine-hd-for-victoria-7

and the "American Indian" one also looks nice

http://www.daz3d.com/p3d-dewi

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I like Opal, but didn't buy her because there are just too few clothes around that I think she'd actually wear. Even if the world was fine with older women wearing clothes that skimmed sagging boobs and tummies and exposed crepey necks, corned beef legs and bingo wings, most older women would still seek something more flattering. Even younger women who don't fit the supermodel mould aren't catered for that well round here, so i think Opal would struggle.

I too noticed the giant pair of boobs surrounded by darkened female features that appeared to be flying a plane. The image that caught my eye though was the one captioned 'How to make Genesis 3 female look even better'. If this is the 'after' version then I dread to think what she looked like 'before' the process. She looks totally deformed around the middle to me, and far from the best advert I've seen for what can be done with the figure.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Well - you can dial out Opal's "Natural breasts" morph, so you would have a "bra" effect.

The Manga-Anime Battlesuit looks good on her ...

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    RGcincy said:

I think she converts very well to Iray...

That looks really good! 

Thank you!  I didn't convert the eyes as I don't have a handle on those setting very well yet.  And I think a lot of it has to do with Colm's lighting set ups lol but I am very pleased..

I agree, that came out really cool. I hear you on the eye settings - I've not managed to figure that out yet either and usually leave them with the default shader. I'm totally jealous of you having Colm's lighting - I think his Render Studio Iray is like $50 which, sadly, is way out of my budget.

Your render came out beautiful! Nicely done!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Sonja: Beautiful  render!  The lights, pose, composition it's all fantastic, Excellent work!

edited May 2016

Thank you everyone!  Novica I have no idea as I am still struggling to figure out what all the dome and sky and sun etc setting actually do lol.  Divamakeup I was fortunate to catch it on sale and also have a coupon for it so it wasn't as expensive then.  Keep an eye out on it, it will probably go on a good sale again at some point.  Not sure if you have seen the pc+ club but it truly pays for itself if you can swing it.  I know you are working mostly on freebies, have you checked out sharecg yet?  And just in case you haven't found it the freebies thread has several threads with links to mutliple freebie sites.  Renderosity also has a pages and pages of freebies as well.

Edited to add, don't limit yourself to the Daz studio freebies on any of the sites many many of the poser items work in studio.  Just read the description well, I skip it if it says specifically for poser use only.  Most of them will say it works in both just fine.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

RGcincy she looks great!  I love the slight sagging around the eyes.  I think she would make a great older tavern wench in a medieval setting or an older peasant lady.  Its hard to put a good family scene together when everyone looks like they are twenty lol.  You did a great job with her.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

The image is the "Amazing Genesis 3 female" one. With the full on cleavage shot. I'm not going to divert Novica's thread further though.

I guess it is just an individual thing.. I've seen that image a half dozen or more times now and never even noticed the boobs till you pointed them out.

edited May 2016

Thanks Sonja!

I decided to use Fit Control to get rid of the clinging top on Opal. It took about 8 morphs to adjust it to my liking. I did some work on the waist to try and eliminate the tucking in on the lower belly, but not much success there.

I did a second render with a jacket from Smells Like Fall for Genesis 2 Female (with a texture from Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.2 for Iray) and a scarf from Scarves for Genesis 3 Female. I had some trouble with the fit of the jacket under the breasts but corrected some of it with Fit Control. Since I'm applying Genesis 2 clothes to Genesis 3, some of the fit issues are coming from that I imagine.

As Astracadia said, a lot of the outfits I have do not go all that well with the shape of this character. Some of that can be corrected for with Fit Control or combining items from different products. But I like having the skin texture available.

Opal Full Fit Control Top.jpg
    615 x 800 - 205K
    Opal Full Fit Control All.jpg
    615 x 800 - 216K

Well, the main thing is she doesn't look like she has shrink wrap at the chest- that area is extremely well done. 

Fast Grab has that cabin that IMO (and others) felt was unfinished with the interior. It's now $6. For that, you can get the bunkbeds, etc- and use primitive planes and shaders to make nice walls. Remember, your camera angle determines whether you need to even mess with the upper wall/by the ceiling, you probably won't have to mess with that. It's an okay building from the outside (for $6)

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

There's cleavage, and there's cleavage, as they say.

denim.png
    618 x 800 - 1014K
    Novica said:

Fast Grab has that cabin that IMO (and others) felt was unfinished with the interior. It's now $6. For that, you can get the bunkbeds, etc- and use primitive planes and shaders to make nice walls. Remember, your camera angle determines whether you need to even mess with the upper wall/by the ceiling, you probably won't have to mess with that. It's an okay building from the outside (for $6)

I agree, this one seems a bit too simplistic in its interior textures. Now the outside is pretty real, I've stayed in cabins that look like this at a Y camp with my daughter.

I took advantage the other day of The Old Orphanage being in Fast Grab, especially liked the large number of props it has. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    Ostadan said:

Oh man Ostadan! I love that render. You made me totally crack up! Great work. =-)

edited May 2016

Last one I'll share made with Opal. It's a combination of 100% Odelle body with 50% Opal body and 48% Odelle head with 54% Opal head. Skin is Opal's with Iray converter applied. Leyton Hair for Genesis 3 Female and Genesis 2 Female this time, with a red color. I think this combination makes a reasonably good-looking middle-aged woman. The clothes are from Casual 1950 for Genesis Female with Fit Control for Genesis 3 morphs used. I had less trouble fitting these then I did the Genesis 2 clothing - maybe I'm getting the hang of Fit Control.

Time for a donut.jpg
    615 x 800 - 414K

Odelle and Opal are a good combination. Looks good! 

LOL, I just read some funny captions online.  I liked this one-  "Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because it's fake." 

RGcincy said:

Last one I'll share made with Opal. It's a combination of 100% Odelle body with 50% Opal body and 48% Odelle head with 54% Opal head. Skin is Opal's with Iray converter applied.

Curious question: Opal comes with Iray skin - why did you use an Iray converter?

Novica said:

LOL, I just read some funny captions online.  I liked this one-  "Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because it's fake." 

No - just rendered! LOL

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    edited May 2016

Here is Jazmine for V7 http://www.daz3d.com/jazmine-hd-for-victoria-7 sitting in the contemporary vignette 3 http://www.daz3d.com/collective3d-portrait-vignettes-contemporary-3 with a very basic light setup (Front, Back; UE and a spot all in pure white) rendered in 3Delight. Setting for the skin is on high resolution, no changes on the skin other than change to 3delight . No expressions for the start here. Rendering took pretty long I guess because of the high resolution skin, and for the Portrait I had to readjust the opacity on the fingernail which was shining bright white back at me with the original settings.

I really like her skin, it is very well made and reacts nice to the light, her profile though I'm not ver fond of. The face looks a little pushed in and besides a little african touch to the lips the features are more or less caucasian / white which I am a bit diappointed about. Other than that, after putting her into that environment with that Hair (Armani from g3m starter pack) andgetup, I'd like to hand her a Saxophone to jam a little.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/e4/389d0d18a08eb96470eed0120c6805.jpghttp://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/27/78869436e628dd4dc4374562c8c7b2.jpg

Jazmine.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 2M
    Jazmine-portrait.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by Linwelly on

Interesting that you said that because the first thing I thought when I saw the promos was, its a caucasian female with dark skin.  She's very pretty and I love her color though.

Ostadan said:

Bwahahaha!

RGcincy she looks great, and is definitely more of a modern woman in the last one.

Kerya said:
    RGcincy said:

Last one I'll share made with Opal. It's a combination of 100% Odelle body with 50% Opal body and 48% Odelle head with 54% Opal head. Skin is Opal's with Iray converter applied.

Curious question: Opal comes with Iray skin - why did you use an Iray converter?

Ummmmm... because I forgot it was an Iray skin on her. I'm so use to adding the converter that I just did it out of habit. :)

Ostadan said:

I'm surprised Daz doesn't have more promos like that since that's their norm!

Linwelly said:

I really like her skin, it is very well made and reacts nice to the light, her profile though I'm not ver fond of. The face looks a little pushed in and besides a little african touch to the lips the features are more or less caucasian / white which I am a bit disappointed about. Other than that, after putting her into that environment with that Hair (Armani from g3m starter pack) and getup, I'd like to hand her a Saxophone to jam a little.

I see what you mean. The nose in particular needs some work but the skin looks like it would be good to have as you say.

RGcincy she looks great, and is definitely more of a modern woman in the last one.

Even more modern if I put a Starbuck cup in her hand!

Linwelly- that looks really good! I love the details on her hand. I agree about being pushed in, it seems the forehead slope is sloped too much toward the hairline up at where they meet. Like I want to straighten up her head. The hair (bangs) have more of the slope that I would expect from the forehead!  

edited May 2016

Just in case you haven't tested the cart- if you want the $30 of free DO's, to break even with spending that amount (so to speak) these add up to $33.45

Small Whimsical Pool $6.65

Modular Rundown Castle Corridor $8.93 NOTE- not just a corridor- has a dropdown to a spiked room, and a water obstacle.

Science Fiction Restraints Iray    $9.50

Simple Short Haircut for Genesis 3 Male(s)    $8.38

Interesting approach- instead of trying to get exactly $30 in my cart for the freebies, I went a bit over, and they were all discounted down with the extra added to them to balance it out so $30 was deducted. So instead of two free ones, I would get three things at $2.92-$3.42 each. So think about that approach too.  EDIT: And you can use your DO code or your PA code from the PC club, as these are DOs and also old! (The $6 discount put the dumpster at 94 cents, Sheridan Hair 1.17, and Amaya at a dollar!) 

Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.