Has anyone tried ECLIPSE STUDIOS?

BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Here's the website:

http://www.es3d.com/index2.html

Looks like everything's in order. PZ2 files, etc. The only thing is, it seems kinda inexpensive (compared to something like Maximo or even Aniblocks). Has anyone tried using these mocaps before?

Thanks!

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

They've been around for a while. They do offer some free animations for people to try out prior to buying though they are for older characters. But they work fine.

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

They've been around for a while. They do offer some free animations for people to try out prior to buying though they are for older characters. But they work fine.

Great! Thanks.

I've pretty much purchased every single aniblock and all of PoserMocap's stuff. But I'm looking for places to build up a large library.

Do you know of any other places like this? They have like 3 or 4 bundles I'm absolutely going to scoop up. But I'd still like to find more.

Thanks!

• ytetsuytetsu Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

It is curious.
    I've got mail from Eclipse Studio that would close site at Aug. 5th, and sell all products for $45.
    So, I send money and got download links and passwords.
    (Then the closing date/price was changed Aug. 8th and $49.)

But the site seems still available now, and one of my online friend got same (later) mail yesterday.

Many of their figures and props need to fix paths for textures, but motions are good I think.
    (And in my case, also need to change the codec of AVI textures (cinepack) to plain avi.)

edited December 1969

ytetsu said:
    It is curious.
    I've got mail from Eclipse Studio that would close site at Aug. 5th, and sell all products for $45.

But the site seems still available now, and one of my online friend got same (later) mail yesterday.

Many of their figures and props need to fix paths for textures, but motions are good I think.
    (And in my case, also need to change the codec of AVI textures (cinepack) to plain avi.)

So you were able to purchase everything on their site for $45?

Was there a special link that you had to click on that was provided in the email?

Thanks

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

BC Rice said:
    ytetsu said:
    It is curious.

So you were able to purchase everything on their site for $45?

Was there a special link that you had to click on that was provided in the email?

Thanks

I'm doing this from memory, but as I recall, the email contained an email address where one was to send a PayPal payment of $45. In return, links were sent back to the various products. I noticed that a few (only two or three) of the URLs were missing or incorrect. I emailed back asking for corrected links, but didn't hear back. Nevertheless, $45 for the whole kit and kaboodle was a great bargain.

Also from memory, since I'm not home to reread the email - I believe the reason cited was that he finally sold a script he wrote to a Hollywood studio and he was finally able to pursue that dream. I believe the whole website and catalog was up for sale... Hope this helps...

edited December 1969

Okay, so I received a message back from the admin and he says that they are shutting down for good in a few days and that he can make me a deal on some stuff I there's something I want.

I'm assuming this is just one of those scenarios were you walk away from something but you just haven't taken the time to really take it down and throw it away.

So I'll let you know what the final deal is. I'm assuming it won't be as good as 45 bucks for the whole lot, but we'll see.

edited December 1969

Okay, so I got a solid deal. I got pretty much the entire store (minus some dance stuff I didn't want) for $60.

Really, really happy with everything. Should be amazing alongside all my Posermocap and Aniblocks/Animate stuff. :)