ISO: DS script to make fake .pz2's?

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I can't find that DS script that Richard Haseltine made...the one that made the fake pz2's so you can have DS mats in the poser folder. I"ve checked the link in his sig but that one doesn't seem to be listed there. Am I going slightly mad? Does it still work? Does it still exist? Am I in a parallel dimension where my brain has liquified??

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Seriously Kerya, are you like Jaki's Search Superhero lately? *laughs* That's twice you've saved my sanity. LOL. Thank you.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

:)
    Looks like you at least have some sanity left.
    I am afraid I am around since toooo long at Daz.
    Sanity ... goes to look for Sanity ... ;)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Well pooh, 4shared now wants you to "sign up/log in" in order to download? How long have they been doing that?

Shows just how infrequently I download from 4shared. ~shrugs~

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Does this script work with DS 3 or only DS 4?

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:

Well pooh, 4shared now wants you to "sign up/log in" in order to download? How long have they been doing that?

Shows just how infrequently I download from 4shared. ~shrugs~

Since around July I think it was :( I host my site freebies there. It's one of the few sharing sites that worked on dialup, but then they forced people to have an account and then their server went downhill and I can't download or upload files anymore from them *cries* A friend, on high speed internet has problems with their server now too so it's not just dialup that can't do much.

Glad I found this topic. If I can get the file downloaded, are there instructions with it? I hate having to hunt down DS mats in another folder. So many don't have them to begin with and it's hard to memorize which do and which don't and where they were installed to in the DS folder. It'd be easier to have them all in a single location :(

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited October 2012

Let's try answering the right question, shall we, Richard?

Yes, the script will work in DS3 - I think that was where it was originally written.

There's a readme, with instructions, but as usual I've no idea how comprehensible they are to anyone but me.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,877
    edited December 1969

why not open notepad and save an empty file then rename the extension as PZ2? Works for me all the time.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

The script saves having to fiddle with the naming -especially if tere are a lot of files or folders.

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard. I've always been able to figure things out as long as there is some sort of basic instructions. I can always ask about anything specific if needed too :)

While talking about scripts, any chance that the script that exports Poser format files (especially MAT files) has been updated to work with DS4, or even a new one that has popped up since? I have the one for DS3 but I don't want to keep DS3 installed since I don't really use it as much anymore. No point taking up the space on the hard drive with something that isn't used much.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ahh Man... If I had known about this a year ago I could have made my 1 (not popular) item DS and Poser compatable.

I also would like to know about a script that will write Poser mat files from DS. What do others use? DS3 files are okay I still use it.

edited December 1969

There is one that works in DS3... I think it was called "Poser Format Exporter" maybe? I was hoping that either that or something similar would have been updated or created to work with DS4+ :(

I don't remember the link to the one though, sorry :( It was in the old forums somewhere. One of the freebie threads maybe?

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    There is one that works in DS3... I think it was called "Poser Format Exporter" maybe? I was hoping that either that or something similar would have been updated or created to work with DS4+ :(

I don't remember the link to the one though, sorry :( It was in the old forums somewhere. One of the freebie threads maybe?

I'm not sure the Poser Format Exporter (PFE) will save the MAT pose. It is apparently DS3/DS4 compatible.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/poser-format-exporter-pfe

See also:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6869/

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,877
    edited October 2012

Create Poser Mats is the one you want for saving mat files in Poser PZ2 format.

CPM is here - http://www.sharecg.com/v/36622/Plug-in/Create-Poser-Mats

It works just fine in DS45.

The Poser Format Exporter is used for saving poses and expressions from DS in Poser PZ2 format.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited October 2012

thanks for answering Richard! :)

edited cause i can't type

Post edited by WhiteMyst on
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Create Poser Mats is the one you want for saving mat files in Poser PZ2 format.

CPM is here - http://www.sharecg.com/v/36622/Plug-in/Create-Poser-Mats

It works just fine in DS45.

The Poser Format Exporter is used for saving poses and expressions from DS in Poser PZ2 format.

Thanks for pointing towards the CPM. Hehe, I was getting them mixed up. I have an old version of the CPM script but it only works with DS3. I'll see if I can remember my login info and attempt the download at ShareCG. The server cuts me off due to my connection speed all the time so we'll see how that goes.

For the other, I was getting the Poser Format Exporter mixed up with the other one by Poseworks.. Not sure of the name but the icon says "Export Poser Materials".

Does the "Poser Format Exporter" work in DS4 as well? I remember trying not long after DS4 came out and it didn't. It would be nice if it had been updated.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

PFE has been updated.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    why not open notepad and save an empty file then rename the extension as PZ2? Works for me all the time.

because i'm too lazy to do 15 of them, one after the other, for the one folder.

*grin*

If there's only one or two, I do that, but for more,I use Richard's script.

edited December 1969

WhiteMyst said:
    Does this script work with DS 3 or only DS 4?

i used it in 4.0 last night and it worked fine. Last time I used it was with DS 3.

edited December 1969

PFE has been updated.

Thanks for the info. I wrote it on a sticky note to try and download the update when I can. I still need to grab pwGhost too :(

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

PFE has been updated.

PFE work for Pose and Morph, not for MAt