DSON Installer for Poser not loading Genesis 2

pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
edited May 2016 in Poser Discussion

I created a new directory and installed IM00016280-01_Genesis2FemaleStarterEssentials and IM00016280-02_Genesis2FemaleStarterEssentialsPoserC. When I try to load the Genesis 2 Female into poser, I get a Dialog box that says

DSON Importer

Loading CR2 file

Then I get another dialog that says Please Locate

Female{65f3cf07-9dc3-7622-0ca1-92a9f2f76349}.pmd

Any Ideas on why this is happening?

Post edited by pwiecek on

Comments

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited May 2016

Well, nevermind. I found it all.

If you are having a similar problem to this, just make sure you're looking EVERYWHERE for the missing files. Some of them end up in the install folder for the program. Others end up in the content folder for the original poser install.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718

How ddi you install? The only files that should end up in the application folder are the importer scruipts and plug-in.

edited May 2016

Are you asking about installing DSON or the content:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install DSON:

Download DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.1.3.50_Win64.exe (I tried DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.2.0.12_Win64.exe) but I experienced similar problems

Run it

Correct the path so it is installing into 2014 rather than 2012

Let it do its thing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install content:

Open the zips.

Drag the stuff inside the content folder to an empty folder, creating a new runtime.

Use the Poser Library to add that new runtime.

Richard,

Thanks for the response. If push comes to shove, I can work with it the way it is.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718

That sound as if it should be working, yes - I was thinking you were meaning content was ending up in the applciation folder.

edited May 2016

Its really the autogenerated .obj and .pmd. It looks like DSON Importer is creating them in one place and looking for them in the other.

If there's an installation issue, it would be with the way Poser is installed. i.e. NOTHING is in its default location.

Program Files on B: not C: because this is a multiboot computer

I removed Smith Micro from the Poser install path because I like short pathnames

The Original Poser Content is not installed in C:\users\etc\etc because I don't like that stuff cluttering up my System Drive.

In the end, as long as I know what is happening and what is SUPPOSED to happen, I can work with it.

Thanks again.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Is thre content installed in a "Program Files" hierarchy?

Yes and no.

There is a B:\Program Files\Poser Pro 2014\Runtime\Libraries folder but it is empty.

There is some very basic .obj's in B:\Program Files\Poser Pro 2014\Runtime\Geometries

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Is the DSON Importer trying to create the .obj and .pmd there?  That would explain things.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Scripts / DSON support / Importer Preferences ... where does it point for a "writeable Runtime folder"?