Post Your Renders - #4: A New Hope

Comments

• vyncevynce Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi !

Here is the video trailer of a metal band called "Whyzdom".

I used both Carrara and Vue - mainly Vue actually (better for clouds/see/wind), but Carrara was used for the sequences at 1:22.

Here it is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOKlBAIn_Ek

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:
    Nice car Wendy! :)

Thanks for the compliments David and De3an, I've had plenty of practice rendering Mulberry, I'm willing to bet that 90% of my renders involve her somehow, lol.

Here's yet another one:

You are going to hate me for this :p

The new Daz Forum ruined the Blender tutorial you made! I had not downloaded them. Any chance you have those pics saved off somewhere, you can PM me a link, and I will resort them?

This was the thread: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=176916

All the talk of Octane plugins, and Reality 3 got me thinking GPU and CUDA and so I have just done a couple of Blender tutorials (for example, http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/blender/create-and-render-a-still-life-scene-in-blender-using-cycles/ ) ...and this time it seems to be clicking for me! Woohoo!!!

(sorry, off topic from render thread, but I have not seen Koukotsu around, and his awesome Mulberry renders!)

• edited September 2012

Hi 3Doutlaw.

Sorry, I deleted those images the last time I formatted my HDD :-S

I'll try to put together a new and improved version soon, I've learned quite a bit about Blender since then and refined my technique a bit! I should have enough spare time to do it this weekend if all goes well.

I found an old render from several months ago, Mulberry with a sword, only she isn't in a temple and keeps her clothing on at all times, lol :-P

1SwordMulberry6.jp1g_.jpg
    708 x 1024 - 379K
    Post edited by K0daKumi_8e8836aac0 on
  • MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu, I will keep an eye out for that as well.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited September 2012

Koukotsu said:
    Hi 3Doutlaw.

I'll try to put together a new and improved version soon, I've learned quite a bit about Blender since then and refined my technique a bit! I should have enough spare time to do it this weekend if all goes well.

I found an old render from several months ago, Mulberry with a sword, only she isn't in a temple and keeps her clothing on at all times, lol :-P

No problme, I just thought if you still had them. Don't worry about it, but thanks! I just found this, going to give it a try: https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjteleblender-for-ds1-2-3-4

...and of course there is the Poser to Blender Tools, but it has not been updated in a while it looks like: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2829354&page=4#message_3922362

UPDATE: BTW, that DS Script is awesome! Complete import and setup, with materials and camera in Blender, ready to render in Cycles! Holy Cow!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

This is the style I've been working on for a motion comic I'm doing.

SGT_BAUMSTIEN_FINISHED.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 371K
    edited December 1969

This is my character Grithrumlief.

GRITHRUMLIEF_COLORED.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 786K
  • booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    Koukotsu said:
    Hi 3Doutlaw.

No problme, I just thought if you still had them. Don't worry about it, but thanks! I just found this, going to give it a try: https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjteleblender-for-ds1-2-3-4

...and of course there is the Poser to Blender Tools, but it has not been updated in a while it looks like: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2829354&page=4#message_3922362

UPDATE: BTW, that DS Script is awesome! Complete import and setup, with materials and camera in Blender, ready to render in Cycles! Holy Cow!

Interesting bit of news about that DS script. Haven't downloaded it yet. Does it allow you to pose figures, etc. or is it just a scene/animation import/render sort of thing? Just curious.

edited December 1969

BC Rice said:

Interesting. Is this a post effect or shaders in Carrara?

edited December 1969

BC Rice said:

Interesting. Is this a post effect or shaders in Carrara?

I'd say 95% shaders in Carrara with post work in PS.

• IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited September 2012

The return
    And
    Forever hers

Surface_(3).jpg
    800 x 1131 - 620K
    return_(2).jpg
    800 x 640 - 310K
    Post edited by Ilena on
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Here's something I have been working on.
    It's a kind of a story (or several picture ideas) , thats take part about 200 years from now.
    I'm using Genesis's. It was a pain in the ***, to get them into Carrara. The clothing wouldn't fit without poke troughs.
    So I ended up with setting them up and posing them in Daz Studio, and then exported them out as .obj's.
    The tree is one of HowieFarkes, just modified the shape. The rest is modeled in Hexagon.

Doc3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 432K
    edited December 1969

Varsel said:
    Here's something I have been working on.
    It's a kind of a story (or several picture ideas) , thats take part about 200 years from now.
    I'm using Genesis's. It was a pain in the ***, to get them into Carrara. The clothing wouldn't fit without poke troughs.
    So I ended up with setting them up and posing them in Daz Studio, and then exported them out as .obj's.
    The tree is one of HowieFarkes, just modified the shape. The rest is modeled in Hexagon.

Cool! Really like the poses and glass(?) panels in the railing.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Nice stuff lately! Sorry I haven't commented, but I've been busy with a community theatre production. This weekend is the final weekend, so I should have some more free time.

Here's one I've been playing around with for a while when trying to unwind after rehearsals.

Falcon-in-Asteroids.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
  • stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Not posted here for a while! Here is a fave film character of mine...can you guess? Sculpted in 3dcoat.

MegMucklebonesReduxSmall.jpg
    479 x 600 - 113K
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Accepting the offer and a portrait

Portret_heroja.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 603K
    bice_to_divna_slika.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 762K
  • KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

my car

Interesting car - You car reminds me of one which was attacked by 2 elephants about 16 years ago in Pilanesberg National Park - it looked a bit like this afterwards [sadly someone died as a result too - thus treat ALWAYS!!!!!! elephants with MAX respect!]

My car is beginning to look like this from neglect! (mmm, must save up to have that 220 000km service).

Loved you pirate video Wendycatz, Especially the commanding way M4 keeps eye to eye with the viewer - you can see has has natural stage presence. However, the lady pirate sang so beautifully and stole the show from M4, in the end.

edited December 1969

de3an said:
    We definitely need a new "Post Your Renders" thread. So here it is, fourth in the series.

Same as in the old thread, post your images here so we can all gawk and talk. :coolsmile:

I'll start it off with an update of something I posted a while back.

De3an I REALLY love this scene. Super work!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited December 1969

Not posted here for a while! Here is a fave film character of mine...can you guess? Sculpted in 3dcoat.

really enjoyed clicking through your Stuovison site. Great art style!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,666
    edited December 1969

lol! Keryna, they were BOTH Genesis! M5 & S5 curvy, yes used point at modifier on both heads tracking the camera in the y-axis, the necks do a bit of a funny kink at times though! is funny if you pan around too far!!
    I use that modifier a lot.
    sometimes just on eyes
    I often enable and disable it along the timeline or make figures look at each other.

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Thanks FB!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited October 2012

My first attempt at a "Steampunk" style render. I think I may rework it a bit as I feel the odd need to stick in a dirigible. ;-)

steampunk-army.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 776K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

My first attempt at a "Steampunk" style render. I think I may rework it a bit as I feel the odd need to stick in a dirigible. ;-)

Girls with guns always make me nervous.:lol:

Poser Direct has some wreckage that would go great with this image:

http://www.poserdirect.com/megadebpack.html

edited December 1969

Can't remember. Is this from one of the Lord of the Rings movies? Or like, Legend or something? I recognize it (her?), but I can't quite place it. I feel like it's from an 80's fantasy movie for some reason.

edited December 1969

BC Rice said:

Can't remember. Is this from one of the Lord of the Rings movies? Or like, Legend or something? I recognize it (her?), but I can't quite place it. I feel like it's from an 80's fantasy movie for some reason.

I can't recognise Stu's witchy character either, but sheis really fantastic. Cant remember quite such a warty bony witch in amovie. Might have to do some googleing to some up with a reasonable guess....

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,751
    edited December 1969

Eagle

eagle.jpg
    900 x 600 - 122K
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Eagle is WOW!

Large-scale projections for a ballroom "Victorian Halloween" party. I'm doing an Egyptian Tomb for part of the night...

Modul8_-_Main_View_2012-10-09_at_17.33_.46_.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,919
    edited December 1969

cool work Stezza, looks almost like a drawing/painting
    Holly, wonderful to see someone stepping out of the cube.... care to tell us more? How big will the projected image be as an example.

Evil, yes girls with guns make me nervous as well :)

Ilena52, both women have serene faces - nice work the lighting on the woman's face, bottom image does the trick nicely

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The projections are 1280x720 (HD) and will fill about 20ft – 30ft of wall. Here is a previous event I did with the same people (in a different space). Also made with Carrara:
    http://www.wetcircuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MG8570-X3-800x533.jpg
    http://www.wetcircuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MG8428-X3-800x533.jpg

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,919
    edited December 1969

Thanks Holly, they really do look fantastic. Amazing how they can dress up a venue - give it that ambience.
    So you are doing animated? Or stills blending into one another perhaps?

This discussion has been closed.