The new Itemized Order History area

buck415buck415 Posts: 57
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm a bit concerned about the new Itemized Order History area located within My Account.

There are over 1,300 items in my account. How do I find a specific product to reset for download that I purchased a year or two ago? Do I expand the page to show 50 items per page and keep pressing "next" until I eventually find it? Or has a new feature been added that will allow me to reset the download directly from the product page?

Thanks

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Yes, this is definitely a concern. The web group is aware.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,817
    edited December 1969

I have like 1500 so I feel your pain there. At the moment, everything is in alphabetical order so I have been expanding to 50 and then jumping through the list quickly (picking the last page I can basically from the list) and jumping forward till I get to the area of the alphabet I need and then going back a page or two if I bypass said product. It could be the new install manager things was made to resolve this issue though I still haven't seen it so not sure. So for now this is pretty much the only way to reset.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause though...I know its a bit longer process having to page through then what their previously was.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

I had to reset some items and didn't find it as bad as I thought it might be, I don't know how many items I've got (and I'd rather not know), but I changed it to 50 items a page and had about 40 pages.

• buck415buck415 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

It seems to me the Itemized Order History was that way when I first joined DAZ several years ago, and a change was implemented inspired by the suggestions of many customers. Since DAZ is aware of the concern, I have positive feelings that a beneficial solution will be implemented sooner than later.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

Another concern is that they have apparently been keeping credit card info. I always check the don't remember button, but when I ordered there popped up a huge list of recently used credit cards. Dangerous!

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    Another concern is that they have apparently been keeping credit card info. I always check the don't remember button, but when I ordered there popped up a huge list of recently used credit cards. Dangerous!
    From the CTO: Re: Credit cards: it is a completely isolated server, fully CISP compliant, and the card numbers are stored in encrypted form.

----

Still, I'll forward your concern on to the web team.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited May 2012

I have 1988 items in my Itemized Order History, so I too feel the pain. I always much preferred the Itemized Order History in descending date order as it was in the old store. I usually know approximately what year (if not the actual month) I purchased something, and it sure was easier to find everything on "1" page, but with the new store software that may not be an option.

Maybe if they could make each column sortable, that would give everyone the option to view the list as they preferred, even if it's on multiple page views.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Understanding that the DAZzlers have their hands full right now, I still hope that this and restoring the files' "last updated" date info on the download page is high on their to-do list.

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

I was most concerned when I saw that because we were also told the marketplace wouldn't warn us if a product had already been bought. How are we supposed to know we already bought a product if we can't do a search in the whole order history?

What I did is to copy all pages to an Excel Worksheet and so I now have my private little database with everything I bought. I even did a download reset for some products I lost over time (buying since 2003). The good thing is that the reset gives you the new download of a product with metadata and new installer. The main setback was that the copy of the pages doesn't work well with dates. I had to write a little script to set these in an understandable format.

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

The new order history is an absolute pain. Aside from the inability to search, the fact that somebody has decided to remove the option to select Mac, Win or Mac & Win downloads wastes even more time. At least in the old system you could get the list on a whole page and use CTRL+F in the browser to find what you want.

It seems to me that the simplest solution (to at least try and restore the capability that was there before) is to add an "All" option to that drop down list to choose the number of entries per page. Better still, add a "Search Orders" option!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,713
    edited December 1969

Will there be a way to search the itemized order history and wishlist so we can find what we want since they are now in multiple pages?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,968
    edited December 1969

Once you are on page 2 (or later) of the Itemised Order History the page numbe appears at the end of the url, in the browser's address bar, so you can jump more pages by editing that and hitting return. Not ideal, but better than jumping two pages at a time.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,066
    edited December 1969

Once you are on page 2 (or later) of the Itemised Order History the page numbe appears at the end of the url, in the browser's address bar, so you can jump more pages by editing that and hitting return. Not ideal, but better than jumping two pages at a time.

Yeah - I use this to do a binary search technique - my detail is 279 pages, so I tend to start at page 140 and then adjust forwards/backwards from there. Usually takes about 4 tries.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Understanding that the DAZzlers have their hands full right now, I still hope that this and restoring the files' "last updated" date info on the download page is high on their to-do list.

Agreed on the last update date and also hope to find out how long it will stay in available downloads.

The item list is really very cumbersome as it is now. Besides, the page won't remember my preference so I have to set it back to 50 items every time I visit it :(

and another thing, why not start with the last purchases instead of the alfabetical sorting? Now everyname that starts with a ' or a ! or a number ends up on top of the list.

Well, as Beth said already, it will worked out of course. :)

Love, Jeanne

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,713
    edited December 1969

I keep seeing that I got Michael 1 and Victoria 1 in my itemized order history. There is no way to see what are the items at the moment. I have something called 100 Brushes for Bryce 6 but I do no know anything about it other than it might work for Bryce 7.:ohh:

• kj_54e8eded70kj_54e8eded70 Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

What I don't understand is why DAZ (and everyone else on the Web) seems to have this compulsion to fix things that aren't broken. The old DAZ Website worked just fine - as did the one before that. Every time there is an "ungrade," we have these endless headaches and problems.

*sigh*...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,397
    edited May 2012

The old store was eating up man hours with continuous fixes and they couldn't fix anything else that they needed to. This was the reason why they switch.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

kayma said:
    What I don't understand is why DAZ (and everyone else on the Web) seems to have this compulsion to fix things that aren't broken. The old DAZ Website worked just fine - as did the one before that. Every time there is an "ungrade," we have these endless headaches and problems.

*sigh*...

Well - no, it didn't.

I spent the best part of three hours about a month ago trying to get ONE of each of five items in my cart. I'd get everything looking correct, then refresh the view - and bang, one of the items was at a quantity of two. Delete from cart; refresh; now down to one - but a different one showed at two. Delete from cart; refresh; lost the item. Add to cart; a different item was at quantity two.

Incredibly frustrating.

• kj_54e8eded70kj_54e8eded70 Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Wonder if that was a browser problem. There are some websites (such as ShareCG.com) that I can't do anything with if I'm on IE, but it seems to work just fine with Firefox or Chrome.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

kayma said:
    Wonder if that was a browser problem. There are some websites (such as ShareCG.com) that I can't do anything with if I'm on IE, but it seems to work just fine with Firefox or Chrome.

No nothing so simple. The old store was being constantly patched with chicken wire and duct tape, and the glitches kept getting worse.

edited December 1969

kayma said:

Firefox on linux. Not only did I do the clear cache/cookies thing, I did a shut down on firefox and a logoff/logon on my home system. And then continued the fight for an hour.

This was the worst case I've ever had - normally, I'd get one item to go in as quantity 2 and a simple delete/refresh would work. I'm not the only one that had the quantity field screw up - there were several posts in the old forum about not being able to checkout because of an error in the cart that always tracked back to a quantity issue.

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

I've got 3387 items in my order history...absolute nightmare without a search option.

I had a problem with resetting some files.in the new system. I shoiuld mention that I also made purchases of new releases in the new system and those dowloaded files installed fine. Of my resets, all were older items, some of them updated, and some with the old ps_ prefix. The updated ones installed fine, but the ones with the ps_ prefix wouldn't install at all, they didn't even open, just an error message that the file did not install correctly. Re-downloaded just in case, same issue. I tested other previously (pre site update) downloaded files with the ps_ prefix and they installed fine, so I'm inclined to think it was something wrong with the dowloads. Since the number and size of installers for an item is presently not listed anywhere on its store page nor the download page, I can't check if the file size is what it's supposed to be. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

KerWar said:
    I've got 3387 items in my order history...absolute nightmare without a search option.

I had a problem with resetting some files.in the new system. I shoiuld mention that I also made purchases of new releases in the new system and those dowloaded files installed fine. Of my resets, all were older items, some of them updated, and some with the old ps_ prefix. The updated ones installed fine, but the ones with the ps_ prefix wouldn't install at all, they didn't even open, just an error message that the file did not install correctly. Re-downloaded just in case, same issue. I tested other previously (pre site update) downloaded files with the ps_ prefix and they installed fine, so I'm inclined to think it was something wrong with the dowloads. Since the number and size of installers for an item is presently not listed anywhere on its store page nor the download page, I can't check if the file size is what it's supposed to be. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?

I believe this is a general problem with the older installers -- it's currently being worked on.

• MABMAB Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Yeah, the alphabetical, page jumping method requires a few practice runs to get a gauge of where stuff is when you have as many product purchases as I have. I'm sure I'm on the higher end of DAZ purchasers, loads and loads of products. Hope they get this fixed soon. *just babbling in the first thread me sees that I know what it's about so I can see what I'm called in these new forums and figure out how to adjust, if necessary*

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think I noted this when browsing the Itemized Order History, and having 3615 items makes searching a pain. So that's the major thing with that part of the website.

Another thing I notized, and I don't think it's a huge thing (so no worries DAZ3D!!), and that's when you download, you don't get to see how much of the total, and how long time it is estimated for it to finish. I remember that I could see the minutes and seconds during download, and the bar progressed in percentagewise fashion, so you knew how much stuff there was left to download. It isn't a big deal, just a nifty thing used in the old system. If you could implement it plainlessly (for you, DAZ3D), then it would be nice.

A third thing, when I clicked to download during the old system, the line clicked would be marked with blue color, so you could see how many items you've already downloaded before refresh of the webpage.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I feel there needs to be a way to organize it by Date Purchased from most recent to older purchases. Also there needs to be a search feature added.

I think that would pretty much fix what ever issues there are

• timmy_a406c3c410timmy_a406c3c410 Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Better yet why not just let us download the items from the order page like Renderosity does and do away with the reset - DAZ is the only place I know of that requires you to reset downloads. But then I don't know why they do it, I'm sure there's a reason...

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Definitely add my vote to those calling for a sort by date option. I just had to spend some time working out what last week's freebie was, as I'd not had a chance to download it before the site change and I needed to reset it.

Under the old system I just had to skim down a few entries to find anything I'd bought recently. Now, I need to work out what it's name is, that's a definite step backwards in ease of use.

• LucynskyLucynsky Posts: 64
    edited May 2012

ah, I'm not the only. Murphy's Law dictates that this happens during the time when I have a catastrophic failure with my computer and I have to download every... blessed... thing... again...

*bangs.head.on.keyboard*

I just want my eyes, and this, and that, and the other thing whatever it's called...

Post edited by Lucynsky on
  • s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

It's all going to take a bit of getting used to - it's a bit like wearing in a pair of new shoes.

I do miss knowing what the file sizes are when downloading though - it's something I've always found useful - sometimes even just for simple things such as checking whether the complete file downloaded, or if the download stopped due to an internet hiccup.