Problems with older products (installer doesn`t work)

Comments

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Thanks for moving my post Richard,was done in a hurry before work so I did'nt know about this thread

Cheers
    GG :red:

• edited December 1969

Any reason why I wouldn't be able to install a downloaded product? These products in question are resets. This seems to be happening after the recent changes to the DAZ website. A week or so ago I was able to download and install just fine Here is one of those that I cannot seem to install after downloading link removed by moderator

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

This is a known problem, Kendall Sears has a program which will fix these downloads here: http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/FixDaz.zip.html

• edited December 1969

I got it downloaded. Now i just need to know where to extract it to.

edited December 1969

Just extract the 2 files in the zip to somewhere convenient. Use the 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your OS. Just double-click the file to start it, locate the download that isn't working, and provide a new filename for the fixed version.

• ForgottenangelForgottenangel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

After purchase of these products Im not able instal them even with various fixes :
    Celestial jewels, master pak, hair V4

nothing is working and analyze showed that installer is broken. No fixing tool can fix it. Repeated downloading isnt fixing this problem.

Note : I can instal and unistal absolutely all without problems. Im running my comps like advanced with UAC disabled etc etc

Any suggestion pls? I contacted DAZ but i have no answer long time. Just now Im scared to buy new products up to the moment this problem will be fixed or explained. ( refund)

• NabouNabou Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

I use the Chance to take me the free Bryce 5.0 Content Pack and the free Bryce 5.5 Content Kit: Volume 1, but all are in corrupt Zip Files.
    I read this Topic and knows is a known Failure that can fix with an Hex-Editor or an Script by Kendall Sears. I am not familiar with an Hex-Editor, never do that before.
    My problem with the files is, the dowload has no Size and breaks after some kb, or sometimes 2-3 mb.
    It is horrible in Moment to purchase Items from Daz-Store.
    I bet RDNA and Rendo celebrate a Party thats only allowed from Daz-Store failures,
    i am verry frustradet and will nothings buy for Money in the Time this Marginal Failures not fixed !!!

I MISS FILE AMMOUNT AND SIZE ON PRODUCTPAGES, IN DOWNLOAD AREA OR IN MY DOWNLOAD WINDOW: ITS AN HORRIBLE BLINDFLY IF I TRY TO DOWLOAD A FILE!!!

sadly Greetings Nabou

edited December 1969

Opposite my decision i bought Pyramids,Annunaki and Numinous (Shades of Atlantis) Pyramids are working, Annunaki is working with problems ( every 3rd transfer from DAZ 4 pro to Bryce 7.1 pro is crashing) and Numinous isnt woking ( Daz crashes after some time, Bryce always) .
    To test my software Ive uninstalled and installed back some my older and newer products ( all is working with the same errors or fine - f.i. months ago reported Claudia still crashing etc), uninstall DAZ, BRYCE, Hexagon, Photoshop, Aftereffects...all....new intalation, cleaning registry, cleaning all comp, scanning errors, testing...etc...all is fine and all my comp ( pretty powerful and pretty expensive) is working for 100%.

Some products of DAZ are broken and Im so lucky Im buying those failed items.

Now I ve finally stopped my shopping up to the moment Ill be contacted back and those problems will be fixed.

Just now I would like to ask you for help :

I need to contact DAZ in accordance to refunds. I wasted my money for failed items. My mails are without answer or returned. ( Working connection please ..) My reported bugs are still unresolved...Hard to explain my feelings after years with DAZ..

Thank you very much

Gabriel

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Opposite my decision i bought Pyramids,Annunaki and Numinous (Shades of Atlantis) Pyramids are working, Annunaki is working with problems ( every 3rd transfer from DAZ 4 pro to Bryce 7.1 pro is crashing) and Numinous isnt woking ( Daz crashes after some time, Bryce always) .
    To test my software Ive uninstalled and installed back some my older and newer products ( all is working with the same errors or fine - f.i. months ago reported Claudia still crashing etc), uninstall DAZ, BRYCE, Hexagon, Photoshop, Aftereffects...all....new intalation, cleaning registry, cleaning all comp, scanning errors, testing...etc...all is fine and all my comp ( pretty powerful and pretty expensive) is working for 100%.

Now I ve finally stopped my shopping up to the moment Ill be contacted back and those problems will be fixed.

I need to contact DAZ in accordance to refunds. I wasted my money for failed items. My mails are without answer or returned. ( Working connection please ..) My reported bugs are still unresolved...Hard to explain my feelings after years with DAZ..

Thank you very much

Gabriel

Have you tried using this ? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/865/

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Thank you very much

Gabriel

Have you tried using this ? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/865/

Yes I ve tried it ..no effect..

• Granny EGranny E Posts: 6
    edited June 2012

Apparently I'm so dense, I going to need step by step instructions (with images if possible) on how to use this fix. I've tried several things and I just can't get it to work, I know it's going to be a face palm situation with a "oh yeah, why did I do that".........

Never mind, it was a face palm thing, and I feel dumb, now that I got it.

Post edited by Granny E on
  • edited December 1969

I posed in this thread earlier regarding installing the S.F.C.S Sci-fi Construction Set and following replies i downloaded and used Kendall's utility program fix. It output a single file. I didn't know where to put it? so i tried putting into my Daz3d/studio/Mylibrary/props/architecture folder thinking it would be under props? (since the kit is about constructing space ship interior sets)

But it does not show up in the Daz3d Studio program...so where is this file suppose to go? I use Windows 64bit Vista if that is any help.

Thanks for your help

Daza

edited December 1969

3Dkiwi said:
    I posed in this thread earlier regarding installing the S.F.C.S Sci-fi Construction Set and following replies i downloaded and used Kendall's utility program fix. It output a single file. I didn't know where to put it? so i tried putting into my Daz3d/studio/Mylibrary/props/architecture folder thinking it would be under props? (since the kit is about constructing space ship interior sets)

But it does not show up in the Daz3d Studio program...so where is this file suppose to go? I use Windows 64bit Vista if that is any help.

Thanks for your help

Daza

You need to make sure you give the output file the same extension as the downloaded file, either an installer (.exe) or a .zip.

• edited December 1969

3Dkiwi said:

Thanks for your help

Daza

You need to make sure you give the output file the same extension as the downloaded file, either an installer (.exe) or a .zip.

Okay thanks for that tip. But how do I know which folder that file goes into? Was the file path I mentioned as a guess correct?

Thanks

edited December 1969

The file is not the content, it is an installer or archive of the content. If it's an installer (.exe), you need to double-click it outside DS to run it, and give your content path (e.g. ...Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library) when it asks for the destination path. If it's an archive (.zip), you want extract the files and merge them with the files in My Library.

• edited June 2012

Serious issue here.

Just WHY is DAZ still taking money for product that is known to not work? Also pointing us to a (very helpful thank you) resource outside the company as a fix is one big risk. What if this utility were hacked with some virus? (it is not as far as I can tell, but....)

Post edited by nightmage61_7e0f3b6ff2 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

You can fix the installers with a hex editor too. It's just a question of deleting the fairly obvious error message appended to the file.

• edited December 1969

Still, why sell broken stuff? If it is so easy to fix why doesn't DAZ fix it?

Old world model, I give you money you give me stuff that works.

New model is I give you money you give me thing I need to fix so it will do what I payed for?

edited December 1969

The point, I imagine, is that a problem with a workaround is generally lower priority than one without.

• edited December 1969

The file is not the content, it is an installer or archive of the content. If it's an installer (.exe), you need to double-click it outside DS to run it, and give your content path (e.g. ...Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library) when it asks for the destination path. If it's an archive (.zip), you want extract the files and merge them with the files in My Library.

I got it now. Thanks.

Only now it doesnt seem to show up in DazStudio. Looking at the readme page for the S.F.C.S Sci-fi Construction Set looks like its been made for Poser. Which i don't recall that being specified in the Dazstudio shop. So does this mean i cannot load it or use in Dazstudio at all?

I have been trying to install it into Username/documents/Daz3d/Studio/My Library.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

It's an older item, without metadata, so it won't show up in Smart Content. It will show up in the Content Library, under Poser Formats>Folder you installed to>Figures (and/or Props)>some folder as specified in the readme.

• edited June 2012

Thanks again for your help i got it working :)

It took me a while to work out why i couldn't see a Content tab, then i realized because i was in the basic mode, so i changed it to a more advanced mode. And then i was able to manually find the content.

Cheers

Kiwi

Post edited by rusty29nz_ba25efa2fa on
  • ThetaGraphicsThetaGraphics Posts: 46
    edited July 2012

I've been having difficulties with some of the installers as well, however none of the fixes mentioned in this thread have worked. (In fact the fix program claims everything is fine.)

However, something is wrong with the windows installers for GIS Skyway, GIS Nova, GIS Link, and GIS Orion, which I recently bought in the Platinum Club preview. The other products I bought worked fine, but with these four, they activate duplicate processes in the task manager. One of the processes appears to be normal at a several thousand K of memory, but the second one is only 104K. The program starts and runs for about three seconds before it and the larger process vanishes, leaving the 104K process running, completely inactive and unable to be shut off without a reboot. (Also causes the windows explorer window to freeze.) Naturally, it also fails to install the actual product.

Has anyone had any similar problems? (I'm running Windows 7 64-bit by the way)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have redownloaded the installers multiple times with the exact same results...

Post edited by ThetaGraphics on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited September 2012

I have just purchased the Base Camp Vol 1-3 Bundle.

I can only get Vol 3 to install.

The others just do nothing.

Tried Kendall's fix but says there is no problem.

Have re-downloaded the files but still won't install.

Any suggestions please?

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

I have put in a ticket to the help desk so hopefully someone will be able to help me install these.

edited December 1969

Can nobody help?>:(

edited December 1969

What happens when you try to run the first 2? What browser did you use to download them?

edited December 1969

I'm using Firefox.

When I run no 1 and no 2 all I get is the User access contol prompt (so my son's says) I click yes and then nothing!

edited December 1969

Can you try resetting and downloading with another browser?

edited December 1969

Brilliant!!! I changed to IE and re-downloaded them and they worked!!!

Thank you very much.:-)