Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thanks Linwelly and Dracorn.  I have a lot of V4,M4 and Genesis stuff as well as a ton of G2 stuff.  As far as I can tell it all works just fine lol.  Of course I may just not know what I am doing....  I currently have a render that has V4 and G3M in it so and props that are new from a couple months ago paired with stuff that says 2011 or 2012.  I did run through the different eye colors and each one makes the scene look slightly different. Will have to go over and check out the fireflies.  I might have them I am pretty sure I just about cleared out their free section.

edited April 2016

Back to testing characters and sets.  This is Dawn from Hive Wire - I morphed her face a bit as I am not terribly fond of her default look.  Udane hair and the make up is Nissa.  Unfortunately when I bought this I didn't realize that its for Poser only-clearly stated in the listing I was just not paying attention- so the morph for Nissa does not work but the make up works just fine. Which is one of the main reasons I bought it.  This light set up and prop is from Khory's scintillant light set for tan skin.  Love this prop and the lights.  I did have to move one of the lights a bit since she is on the floor and not upright but that wasn't a big deal at all.

Dawn 3Delight Nissa Makeup.jpg
    800 x 640 - 203K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780
    edited April 2016

That is interesting, the leaves on the body (interesting place she lies on as well with that reflecting surface). I would have liked a tad more light to her face, though.

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

The reflection on the floor is a very nice touch.  Adds another dimention ot the image.

I do agree with Linwelly.  An additional light for her face would really draw the eye.  Mine tends to wander a bit without a specific spot to land.  Fortunately with that skin texture and the reflection on the floor there is lots to look at.

edited April 2016

Ya I was having major problems with the skin being way too shiny no matter what I did.  It was getting white white higlights in odd places and if you look closely you can still see a couple of them on her shoulder.  I couldn't add even a smidge more light than this without it just being overwhelming.   I moved lights turned them up turned them down moved her, changed her skin settings etc etc.  I gave up at midnight and went with what I had lol.

edited April 2016

Just playing around.  I'm going to try and do one render with each character in each generation just so I can see what each one really looks like. Nothing fancy just some more testing.  It will help me get a handle on the lighting sets I have as well.  While I'm at it I am going to go through each item of clothing in each generation as well.  Arbitrary, just going to go down the list, one character, one set of clothing.  I bought soooo much stuff in Sept and Oct with the pc and pa sales, and of course the continuing sales since lol.  I need to actually start USING some of that stuff.

other-worldly-_730_auto.png
    730 x 584 - 474K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

It looks nice, Sonja!  I have that same problem and I'm starting to try and use more of my stuff rather than just buy more.  Funds are tight here, too, so I can understand, perfectly, as I've had to wishlist a few items that came out this week that I would love to have put in my cart instead!  I hate when I have pass up good products by favorite vendors.  I just passed up FirstBastions Atrium which, by the way, is killing me! and I have to wishlist Mec4D's Metal Shaders that came out today!  I, also, had to pass up Zev0's Bend Morphs!  I swear, if he comes out with Bends for G3M, before I can start buying again I'll crushed!  Luckily, I don't think he is immediately planning that one if ever, although, I did see where Glute Control for G3F will be coming out soon. 

I'm hoping to finish up my renders for the New User contest by the weekend as the contest ends on Saturday and, then, I plan to play a little bit with Skin Builder this weekend.  Would you be interested in trying out the Save and Share program to see what we can do with it?

It looks nice, Sonja!  I have that same problem and I'm starting to try and use more of my stuff rather than just buy more.  Funds are tight here, too, so I can understand, perfectly, as I've had to wishlist a few items that came out this week that I would love to have put in my cart instead!  I hate when I have pass up good products by favorite vendors.  I just passed up FirstBastions Atrium which, by the way, is killing me! and I have to wishlist Mec4D's Metal Shaders that came out today!  I, also, had to pass up Zev0's Bend Morphs!  I swear, if he comes out with Bends for G3M, before I can start buying again I'll crushed!  Luckily, I don't think he is immediately planning that one if ever, although, I did see where Glute Control for G3F will be coming out soon. 

I'm hoping to finish up my renders for the New User contest by the weekend as the contest ends on Saturday and, then, I plan to play a little bit with Skin Builder this weekend.  Would you be interested in trying out the Save and Share program to see what we can do with it?

Absolutely!  I am going to have to go and read the directions again for the reciper builder and sharing part. 

And I had to pass on that gorgeous castle that came out today until next month.  Not only does it have a stunning, huge exterior, it has interior rooms as well!  Novika says you can get lost inside lol.  And I have a looong list of zevo's stuff in my wishlist.  I keep trying to wittle my wish list down and every time I get rid of one thing, two more great things come out.

Yeah, I had already put it on my wishlist for the outside and then found out there was interior textures, too!  Just wow!  Yes, I'll  have to read the instructions, too.  It's been awhile since I used the Skin Builder and that was before I got the Share and Save script!

Using stuff sounds like a really good idea, I should do that as well.... yes I have th samw situation, Pc sale made my runtime explode, add the nice things from March madness, I'm swimming in stuff. And as your reder above shows using it will make nice renders. I like the repetitiveness of the pattern in the flare, the dress and that "thingy" in the back.

Yeah, I had already put it on my wishlist for the outside and then found out there was interior textures, too!  Just wow!  Yes, I'll  have to read the instructions, too.  It's been awhile since I used the Skin Builder and that was before I got the Share and Save script!

Crazy that there is both outside and inside.  and that's the part of the directions I haven't read yet either lol.

Linwelly said:

Using stuff sounds like a really good idea, I should do that as well.... yes I have th samw situation, Pc sale made my runtime explode, add the nice things from March madness, I'm swimming in stuff. And as your reder above shows using it will make nice renders. I like the repetitiveness of the pattern in the flare, the dress and that "thingy" in the back.

That's one of Travellers alien plants that I sized up and changed the ball thingy's on the ends to green emerald instead of red whatever lol.  I have just been randomly browsing after I get the girl in the scene and see if I have anything that might match up for a simple background. 

edited April 2016

Gabi for V5 with 1930's fingerwave bob hair and another one of the MFD's (Blue Dream) with the cloak.  Khory's scintillating light set and background. 3Delight render

Here's Looking At You.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 328K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Absolutely Stunning Renders Sonja!!!! I just love your Charactors you come up with!!!!

Thank you so much Sapphire!  You totally made my evening and made me smile!

edited April 2016

Don't Even Think About It!

Aiko 5 with Chelsea Hair -

Well apparently its not going to load the picture tonight.  Will try again in the morning

Dont even think about it.png
    425 x 340 - 203K
    edited April 2016

Well that one isn't going to load.  Lets try a different one.  Genesis with Satsuki shape applied.  Mec4d shaders set 2 for the dress.  Dystopia City blocks. Iray

Out of Place

Out of Place Genesis Satsuki Iray .jpg
    1024 x 819 - 584K
    edited April 2016

Waiting

LY Harleigh for Genesis

MFD & PHOTS Fairyland Queen

Fantasy Collection Tower Interior

Decor Basics with Tarnished & Polished Shaders

Waiting LY Harleigh 3Delight.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 430K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited April 2016

Shall We Go My Love?   3Delight

V5 Bree Make Up and Skin

Crazy Locks Hair

MFD Bridal Design Kit with Hooded Cloak

Genesis Male with Leon Face & Shape

Wolf King Outfit

Milen Hair

Bridge at Cheirocrates Steps

Skies of Economy

Shalle We Go.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 480K
    edited April 2016

LY Waverly - Genesis  - Instant Make Up for V5 (first time I've used it, LOVE IT)

End of Summer Hair

MFD - Charmed (Charmed mats for the deluxe fairy wings as well)

DNA's plants- mushroom - jungle plants- field grass

skies of economy

Curiosity .png
    1024 x 819 - 1M
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Lovely images Sonja. 

You are really going forward with your plan on using stuff! I like how the bottle is glowing anf the colours of the wings, the dress and the bottle work together.

Wow! You've been busy!  I love this last image!  I think you've managed to make six renders to my one that I just uploaded to my gallery last night!  I'm such a slow artist!  Oh, I saw the comments you made to a couple of my older pictures.  Thank you for those!  I can't wait to see what images you come up with next!

Thank you everyone!  These really are just quick ones to see what things really look like.  Its so hard sometimes to tell by the thumbnails lol.  These are not super serious, literally model clothes hair a couple props and a pre made sky/light set.  The projects that I am serious about take MUCH longer.

I am super happy with the last one, the fairy, it turned out really well given the short amount of time spent on it.

edited May 2016

King of the Underdark Elves - 3Delight

Genesis - Shadow King

Journeyman Scout Outfit

Milen Hair

Throne of the Wolf King Set + Sword

Jepes Flames

King of the Underdark Elves.png
    1024 x 819 - 1M
    edited May 2016

This one is going to need some serious post work.  I like the over all picture but I need to scuff him and his clothes up and maybe add a bit more fog tendrils and snow puffing up around his feet

The Freak 5

Nightgaurd outfit with the leather factory by J Greenless textures.

Age of Armour Atmosphere camera

Coming for You The Freak 5 3 Delight Test.png
    1024 x 819 - 2M
    edited May 2016

The Bargain

Genesis - Dwarfology

Alfred - Gen 2M

Elven Robes

Dragon Rider Outfit for G2M

Bazaar Props

Its way late here like 3am so I am going to bed now....

The Bargain.png
    1024 x 819 - 1M

Hehe, i like those elven robes on that not so elven guy! Also nice metal shader on the vases!

Thanks Linwelly!  Its the only thing I had that came close to fitting him lol.  The vases are straight out of the box.  I am going to pull those up at some point and play with shaders though just because they are really cool vases.  And I want to see what they look like in Iray as well.

edited May 2016

This one is slated for some serious post work as well.  I will be doing a background in photoshop when I have a chance.

They did What.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 298K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited May 2016

This is First Bastions Cave Waters (huge prop with a ton of different views, loads of possibilities with this set).

Hippocampus, Destiny (Genesis 2 character for Olympia 6, although I just used Destiny as an actor not laid over genesis 2 figure or Olympia). 

Firefly hair (which fell naturally in place hanging down when I posed the girl, no help from me).

3delight - bastions lights included in scene plus one linear point light in the lampost on the left that you can't really see.

An Unlikely Friendship.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 506K
This discussion has been closed.