Lions n Tigers n Bears, n Pelicans n, n, n

IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Wow! This PA 50% sale is both difficult and exciting. Difficult because my budget has little room to budge, and yet there are so many many things to consider for future renders. I've given up on more clothes, hair and props for now. After purchasing Alessandro's big cats earlier this month, I'm looking at Ken Gilliland's birds and Noggin's critters in this Catch Up sale today. Just the ticket to add a little life to a Bryce landscape or seascape. I am looking at Owls and Pelicans. The budget is tightening, ow ow ow. The store is "packed" with customers today, not so easy to shop the details, Ken's or Noggins? My old answer would have been, both.

Comments

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

IceScribe said:
    Wow! This PA 50% sale is both difficult and exciting. Difficult because my budget has little room to budge, and yet there are so many many things to consider for future renders. I've given up on more clothes, hair and props for now. After purchasing Alessandro's big cats earlier this month, I'm looking at Ken Gilliland's birds and Noggin's critters in this Catch Up sale today. Just the ticket to add a little life to a Bryce landscape or seascape. I am looking at Owls and Pelicans. The budget is tightening, ow ow ow. The store is "packed" with customers today, not so easy to shop the details, Ken's or Noggins? My old answer would have been, both.

I'd say Ken's just because most of his products fit nicely with scenes of islands or landscapes with shorelines. Don't forget the many fine Bryce products from David and Horo though (not sure if any other Bryce PA's were in the sale?)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Yes other Bryce vendors on sale as well, I just bought some more Bridges for Bryce at 50% off, Have some hay for my horses to eat, . I now have a mere $2,44 out of my monthly budget for 3D stuff, as I have bought a few other things during the month.

And I have a load of downloading and installing to do

Post edited by Chohole on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Well I certainly haven't been buying anything for Bryce, no sir, nothing, not a darn thi... Oh, how did THAT get in my cart? And that? And... Oh, maybe a couple of bits then!

And Ken's owls are gorgeous, just thought I'd say ;)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

If anyone happens to have a spare winning lottery number, let me know. I'll send you my mailing address. :-)

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

Ok, I went with the suggestions here and got Ken's owls and his pelicans and feel pretty good about those. And splurged on some more birds and animals that I wanted for a while. My bestiary runtime is looking good for the Carnival train I got a while back from Renderosity that matches the DAZ Carnival tents and Midway. There were so many things I had to let pass, including some Bryce stuff. I was tempted by a set of ground/terrain mats by Dave Brinnen, and some "fossil" mats by RajRaja. No matter how tempting the price, just had to say "next time". And what was that Chohole mentioned...another sale? Egads! Next month isnt going to be much better. Dental work ahead very light on the insurance coverage with some whispers of possibly needing, oh no, dent-tures. Remember to floss in between sales!

edited December 1969

Yeah, another sale on its way apparently, I'm going to be eating rice all month again!

edited December 1969

Yes, next month is the Platinum club sale, great sale to fill up your runtime fairly cheaply, if you are a PC member.

Cheap being relative of course, because 30 items at $1.99 will still add up to $59.70, but yoou do get lots of stuff to clutter up your Hard drive

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes, next month is the Platinum club sale, great sale to fill up your runtime fairly cheaply, if you are a PC member.

Cheap being relative of course, because 30 items at $1.99 will still add up to $59.70, but yoou do get lots of stuff to clutter up your Hard drive

But platinum club stuff is already $1.99 so it'll have to have some really good new stuff in it!
    edited December 1969

And there are usually bundles, and sometimes half price sales, and all sorts of other goodies. One year we even got to vote for which normal price DOs we would like to buy for $1.99 for a limited period.

You really have to follow the Members only forum every day to get the best out of the PC sale

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    And there are usually bundles, and sometimes half price sales, and all sorts of other goodies. One year we even got to vote for which normal price DOs we would like to buy for $1.99 for a limited period.

You really have to follow the Members only forum every day to get the best out of the PC sale

I remember last year's PC sale. I got far too much stuff I've never used.

I can NOT believe that was a year ago, good grief, that's actually scary.

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

New old stuff has been added since last year to the Platinum Club 1.99 current list that I like. I liked the Carnival bundles and got a good scoop on those things. I see the "diner" theme is coming on stronger, with the Waitress and Shortorder cook. They seem to be in a simliar " mood" if not exactly the same decade, so I'm worried. It does add up. I won't even be able to eat rice, maybe soup. Yeah, lots and lots of soup.

I actually have two empty diners sets which can now be populated with the inexpensive cars and the waitress/ cook outfits I already got in the PC. I used to love to go to diners for a chili size and slice of apple pie with cheddar on it and hot java in one of those 1/4lb beige ceramic mugs. I wonder if the Passenger Car will ever become a diner. I'd grab that! These sales are inspiring.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I'm pretty sure it was during a PC Sale that I got Bryce 6 for $6 ;-)

edited December 1969

IceScribe said:
    I won't even be able to eat rice, maybe soup. Yeah, lots and lots of soup.

Compromise by eating Ramen Noodles (yes I know, noodles and rice are very different and yet in this case, close enough) :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I'm crossing my fingers for Carrara 8 Pro then!

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I'm crossing my fingers for Carrara 8 Pro then!

Well in the March Madness sale of 2011 you could get Carrara 8 if you successfully completed the Buy it all bonus which ended up being considerably more then $6. So you might see Carrara 8 Pro at some great price but it's likely going to be a good bit more then $6. If they even offer it at all?