Unable to use some content after upgrading to 4.5

2»

Comments

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Here is the link on Rendo to the sci-fi apartment - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=72506

It has never been updated according to my account listing.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

In that case there is some difference between my 4.5 and yours that makes mine more "picky". I wonder what it is. Are you on the full version or the RC? I just reinstalled mine and did a fresh download so I am on whatever the very latest 4.5 release is.

edited December 1969

I am using Daz Studio Pro 4.5.0.114 (Windows 7 64bit).... the scifi apt. zip name is 3dc-scifiap_79362.zip and shows 15,845 KB in my file list. I did not participate in the beta versions of 4.5.

I think I mentioned once before maybe the difference in how we used it has to do with you loading and using the scifi apt. in earlier versions of Daz Studio and some file is left over... I don't really know. But I had never used the scifi apt. in Daz Studio until I loaded it to check for your problem. I had only used it in Poser (maybe Poser found and corrected something that solved it for me??).

edited December 1969

Hmmm...my 3-d-c apartment is 3dc-scifiap_79362.zip with the exact same size. My version of Daz 4.5 is also the same as yours.

Maybe it does have to do with opening in older versions of Daz. I have hardly ever used Poser. I love the render engine but the interface is like some kind of alien hieroglyphics to me. (that's not a slam on Poser fyi, just saying it's outside my comfort zone and I haven't bothered to learn it.)

edited December 1969

I never used Daz Studio until DS4..... but I really like Genesis so I am using it .... now about 50/50 between Daz and Poser. I think the render engine is better in Poser but someday maybe I will try Reality for both programs.... some of those Renders are spectacular. I love animate in Daz. I think the material room is great in Poser as well as the dynamic cloth can be used with more props than the optitex. I like the metadata in Daz but only really useful for me for the Genesis items... for others like the scifi apt. I use Pzdb to find it and then open up the product in the Runtime library either in Poser or Daz. I am an optimist and hope soon Poser will be able to directly use Genesis.

Hope I haven't turned the thread away from the original issue. I think you did a good job tracking it down and I learned a few things so thanks.

edited December 1969

I agree with your comments about the poser render engine and the material room. Both are great but the interface was so alien to me I could do little beyond load a model, stick some hair on her and put in a light then render. I couldn't even figure out how to put clothes on my character.

As for what you said about older content that is why I keep Daz 3 installed. In the Daz 3 content manager you could manually place items in categories. So I load older stuff in Daz 3, place it where I want it then migrate the old database into Daz 4.

For example, all of my 3-d-c stuff is in Scenes and Props->Specific Vendors->3-d-c. Alot of my other sci-fi stuff is in Scenes and Props->Inteteriors->Sci-fi. At least for 'sets'.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

As for what you said about older content that is why I keep Daz 3 installed. In the Daz 3 content manager you could manually place items in categories. So I load older stuff in Daz 3, place it where I want it then migrate the old database into Daz 4.

You can categorize manually in DS4, too, although I find it easier to do so in DS3, so I also categorize in 3 and then migrate it to DS4. In DS3 if you move a category someplace which already has a category of that name, they merge (after warning you). DS4 doesn't merge, it just doesn't move the category at all.