I'd like to hear from those Poser users of V 4  and V 6  please

How do you like V6 in poser  How good are the transfer programs

thanks

:)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Poser Discussion.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

I find it generally works well with the DSON Importer, although posing is slower than with a native Poser figure.  It works best for me with version 1.1.3.50 (or 1.1.5.49, which is the last beta version, possibly availible in your product library if you have the importer; it's in mine), because the latest version puts a dent in her left ankle. 

I use Snarlygribley's free EZSkin2 to set up the materials for Poser's Sub Surface Scattering.  It can be gotten at http://orphans.basicwiz.com/

• WandW said:

I find it generally works well with the DSON Importer, although posing is slower than with a native Poser figure.  It works best for me with version 1.1.3.50 (or 1.1.5.49, which is the last beta version, possibly availible in your product library if you have the importer; it's in mine), because the latest version puts a dent in her left ankle. 

I use Snarlygribley's free EZSkin2 to set up the materials for Poser's Sub Surface Scattering.  It can be gotten at http://orphans.basicwiz.com/

thank you I have actually heard that V4 the weight mapped version is way better.  One person told me to stay away from V6 but V6 has a dent in left ankle ?   unreal 

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

Yes, Genesis 2 has a dent in the left ankle with the latest version of the DSON Importer.  This dent is not present with version 1.1.5.49 or 1.1.5.50  of the Importer.

The Poser Place V4WM from RDNA is quite good, and can wear nearly all standard V4 clothig by using the free Outfitter utility...

• WandW said:

Yes, Genesis 2 has a dent in the left ankle with the latest version of the DSON Importer.  This dent is not present with version 1.1.5.49 or 1.1.5.50  of the Importer.

The Poser Place V4WM from RDNA is quite good, and can wear nearly all standard V4 clothig by using the free Outfitter utility...

Yes, I assume that's why they went to V7, since V6 never really was an improvement on the WM-V4.  I am amazed though how much G3/V7 poses, props, hair and clothes is being offered here and at renderosity. 

I guess V7 is catching on, although some of the renders look a little odd, like V7 often has a longer body and shorter legs.

Thanks again