- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2012

Spyro said:
    Nar I wont cos, I not working tonight and it's now 11am so going to bed now would totally make me not see daylight for the rest of the week! I totally have sleeping pattern issues!

I think it might be cool to live on a vampire schedule though it is hard to get doctor appointments at midnight. Unless one is a vampire and lives in a society that lives on vampire schedule it would be just too difficult to maintain. I tried it once but it messed things up.

I have lived like a vampire for all too long... It certainly has undesirable side-effects, let me assure you. Doctor appointments especially become an issue, when you live on a night life too long and not just booking and attending them.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Lol, last I heard you was going to work.

Mind you, I was going to bed.

Portable internet :)

edited December 1969

HAHA! you are so much like me it's not funny :P

edited December 1969

Though if you're not with Optus you're much better off than me!!! Mine is incredibly slow... And keeps logging me out of daz!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,687
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Spyro said:
    Nar I wont cos, I not working tonight and it's now 11am so going to bed now would totally make me not see daylight for the rest of the week! I totally have sleeping pattern issues!

I think it might be cool to live on a vampire schedule though it is hard to get doctor appointments at midnight. Unless one is a vampire and lives in a society that lives on vampire schedule it would be just too difficult to maintain. I tried it once but it messed things up.

I have lived like a vampire for all too long... It certainly has undesirable side-effects, let me assure you. Doctor appointments especially become an issue, when you live on a night life too long and not just booking and attending them.

I think my problem was I was trying to keep a vampire schedule while still doing some day stuff.

I just took my last night cold medicine. I should be getting sleepy soon.

edited December 1969

Fortunately, you got out of it and are not required to have such a sleeping pattern. You are much better off living a day life... Nightlife should only be for an occasional weekend. Unfortunately, there are too many people that fight, steal and vandalize that my job requires nights.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

I worked for 32 years for the same company until retirement. Half of that time I spent on the "Graveyard Shift". The biggest problems for me was that it was difficult to get the bedroom dark enough for sleep, and the rest of the world lives in daylight and will not let you sleep while the sun is shining. And don't get me started about those stupid "Slayers" showing up unannounced.
    I was able to cultivate an excellent "moontan" though. :vampire:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Fortunately, you got out of it and are not required to have such a sleeping pattern. You are much better off living a day life... Nightlife should only be for an occasional weekend. Unfortunately, there are too many people that fight, steal and vandalize that my job requires nights.

The wendys I work at now stays open till two am but on Friday and Saturday they close at three. I do not do night shift because of the group home's rule that I have to be back from work by five pm.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    I worked for 32 years for the same company until retirement. Half of that time I spent on the "Graveyard Shift". The biggest problems for me was that it was difficult to get the bedroom dark enough for sleep, and the rest of the world lives in daylight and will not let you sleep while the sun is shining. And don't get me started about those stupid "Slayers" showing up unannounced.
    I was able to cultivate an excellent "moontan" though. :vampire:

LOL... Yeah, I got the moon tan happening... Thinking I should take a vacation and combat the tan with a warm tropical one! HAHA!

Sleeping is totally my issue! And the same is more so true for adjusting my sleeping pattern regularly to get the much craved sunlight!! And I WILL say sunlight is required to keep the body and even the mind healthy.

A common night shifter trait is nausea. I definitely get it... and I confirmed it wasn't just me when several people in different lines of work mentioned it to me. One who is a nurse, worked for a long time on nights, she totally hates it, and now refuses to work nights. As I mentioned, my current line of work would require me to get another job, cos getting days just wont happen.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

The wendys I work at now stays open till two am but on Friday and Saturday they close at three. I do not do night shift because of the group home's rule that I have to be back from work by five pm.

Home by 5 would be a dream job for me :)

edited December 1969

The social side - also is a problem with graveyard shifts.

edited December 1969

5am? MMMM the common theory of that is "I go to bed when everyone goes to work" It's not as glorious as it seems.

edited December 1969

OT - I have to say, I think I've really adopted the complaint thread since I became the latest author... I just don't stop complaining! LOL

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    5am? MMMM the common theory of that is "I go to bed when everyone goes to work" It's not as glorious as it seems.

I thought I said five pm

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Yeah, sleeping through the sunrise is only fun on a day you don't have to go to work.
    I am very blessed.
    And I love retirement.

edited December 1969

Oh, I must have missed that, I read Ps1borg's comment "5 would be a dream job for me" My mistake. 5pm would certainly be ideal!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...I used to get home at around 5:25 - 5:30. Then my company moved across the Metro area and what as about a 20 min commute by bike each way turned into a 2 hour ordeal on our local transit system. I now don't get home until after 7:PM each evening.

The real bite it is it costs me over 100$ a month, mostly to stand around and wait for buses. From the time I leave the door at work to when I get on the first bus out of the area it is almost forty minutes (including a fairly long walk), that is how bad bus service and frequency have become over the last couple years here.

If I could afford the insurance I would drive.

edited December 1969

Are you in a city?... Cos it tends to be the better (although most annoying) form of transport.

edited December 1969

...yes, actually living on the near east side.

However, our transit commission has been systematically gutting bus service over the years while continuing to expand the light rail network. The rub is many of the bus service cuts are in areas (such as my neighbourhood) which are not served by light rail. On the other side of the West Hills (where my company moved to) it is even worse as it is total suburban sprawl where most people tend to drive.

edited December 1969

Made a wish today for dead fish on a tray for lunch today dead fish on a tray :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Working on a D&D-style Pit Fiend. Current skin is there just for an approximation how it should look like, roughly so. Lots of reappropriated parts (MilDragon is a kind donator) plus CC Wings, but everything else you see beyond those is nothing but pure Genesis goodness.

The list of morphs used is HUGE. :bug:

Kinda hoping that Sabbatic Goat will pop to sale ASAP, as it had a skin that would suit this one perfectly...

Pit_fiend.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

...that's pretty impressive.

edited December 1969

*bows* Thank you kindly. :) Started working on it tonight, since I couldn't fall asleep anyway...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint: I just woke up from a 16 hour sleep fest. So now my sleep clock will be all out of wack. I've only got 22 hours to get it back on schedule. I hate when my body gets all weird on me like this.

edited December 1969

HAHA! I've never heard of a sleep fest LOL! Sounds sleepy.

Beautiful character Skiriki, you just wont stop WOWing me!! You're very talented :)

edited December 1969

Just wait 'till you see the finished one! Ah DAMN, no midnight_stories sale today. Buggrit.

edited December 1969

I totally can't wait!! :) you're always full of suprises

edited December 1969

In that case, have revision #2... I'm mostly testing colors at this stage, trying to figure out what will look good and so on, but I also made some tiny morph adjustments here and there.

Most likely I am going to toss some of those borrowed mildragon bits to Hexagon, remove what I don't need, and then make them slightly better-fitting props. Or something. But they are definitely a good start, oh yes.

Pit_fiend2.png
    1000 x 1000 - 663K
    edited December 1969

Wow he lookin great! What ever u change onwards please don't change those wicked luminescent yellow eyes ! They work so well. I haven't began toying with genesis creatures. Every time I see your work I just love genesis even more!!

edited December 1969

If I can get this jungle sorted. I want to make a claw morphs for genesis using the fingernails but shaping them like real claws not the flat human nails filed to a point. But well see. I haven't looked at the mesh of the finger nails yet.

This discussion has been closed.