Do anyone not care about Poser environments anymore??

Seems like all the really cool rooms are Daz only, really disappointing to see there not being poser versions being made. 

Especially really important environments that I definitely need, like Bathrooms, living rooms, dorm rooms, kitchens, etc. 

...Might have to be forced to move to Daz for the rooms only despite I much rather just stick to Poser. 

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I am afraid you will have to look at Renderosity for Poser environments/rooms (there are new ones too) ... here at Daz3d are in the meantime more and more DazStudio only artists who don't even know how to set up Poser props/materials ...

• Rendo is featuring more and more Genesis products, and they seem to have upset so many Poser users that I wonder how long they will (a) continue to sell Poser stuff, and (b) survive ...

• williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
    edited April 2016

I saw that nice kitchen for sale and thought about getting it even though I don't use DAZ Studio.  Some models convert okay into Poser and others don't.  I figure if it doesn't then I'll have to learn how to set up scenes in DAZ Studio.  It would make things easier rather than having to convert everything,

From my experience converting DAZ Studio-only models into Poser, I export everything as a scene file (PZ3) then open it in Poser.  After that I convert it into a native Poser file with geometery so I don't have to keep using the DSON converter.  Sometimes it will convert and sometimes it gives a ton of errors that something is missing.

I thought about listing the names of models that I could actually convert.  I was able to bring the Genesis 3 male into Poser using a different method than what is available now.  It didn't last long because I was getting error messages of missing geometry.

Post edited by williamboswell on
  • adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited April 2016

I've bought a couple of the newer sets and converted them to Poser but it's a nightmare and most don't work well, which is a pity as some are great sets, I won't be buying any more from here that don't support Poser

Post edited by adzan on
  • I won't be buying anymore either if no Poser counterpart.  If they can't support Poser then I won't support them.  I have seen a couple of items in the store that support Poser, but not as much as I expected after the Runtime DNA buyout.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Unfortunately it's the other way around -- the Poser customers stopped supporting the PA's who supported Poser, so they couldn't afford to provide Poser versions that very few people were buying.  I hope that with the RDNA merger there will be more Poser customers buying here, so those PA's who wanted to keep supporting Poser can do so.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    whboswell said:

I won't be buying anymore either if no Poser counterpart.  If they can't support Poser then I won't support them.  I have seen a couple of items in the store that support Poser, but not as much as I expected after the Runtime DNA buyout.

Patience...the RDNA stuff is not being dumped into the store all at once, but rather in an orderly fashion (well, at least orderly for around here  laugh).

There was a bunch more recently added (like within the last 24 hrs or so...).

According to the filter, there are 426 RDNA products in the store...that's up quite a bit from the last time I looked a week or so ago.

• I for one do not plan to switch from Poser. I like the program and have invested 10k's of $$$ over the past few years. If Daz3D does not want to create items that are also compatible with the Poser... Then their lose....

vxg139