GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5! See why you should do it today!

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...again, not using Genesis at all. Just the original Gen4 Leela/Steph4 character mesh I created and saved.

Haven't even bothered to load the 400MB worth of Genesis content that came with the 4.5 update.

This is why I am puzzled as the Tindra Map works perfectly fine on her in both Studio 3A and PoserPro2010. and she loaded fine in 4.5.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

So I gave in and installed the beta, and everything so far is working mostly OK. No issues with installing or uninstalling anything, so far. GenX and Reality installation were actually easier than I expected; nothing even asked for a number. Program startup is majestically slow, even compared to 4.0, but once it's actually up and running, it's surprisingly snappy. Loading and saving files takes a fraction of the time.

However. As suggested, I reset, downloaded, uninstalled and reinstalled UberSurface2 and UberHair. Yet when I try to render a scene with Ubersurface2 in 3Delight, I still get the message: 3Delight message #45 (Severity 1): S2072: the shader 'C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/omnifreaker/displacement/omDispStandard2.sdl' uses a different interface version. Automatic conversion was successful. It should be recompiled for better performance." This happens even after I reapply the shader in 4.5. And the render itself is really impressively slow -- although, to be fair, it was the sort of scene that wasn't going to render fast anyway. But compared to 4.0 ... well, put it this way: if the render was slow and stately under 4.0, under 4.5, it's basically staggering with all the speed of a ruptured turtle.

I thought the update of Ubersurface2 took care of that conversion/recompiling issue in 4.5. Is there another update beyond Ubersurface 1.3 in the store that I should be looking for? Is there something else I should do to take care of that? Or does this just need to wait for another update to Ubersurface?

• jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

That was my impression too that Uber things were updated.
    Have the same message when i render with them :down:.

Grtz Jean-Claude

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited September 2012

That message means that recompilation worked. It's telling you that a native version (from source code to 3Delight 10 .sdl) might be better, not that the process failed. Better meaning faster, not that some features are non-functional.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

ok I read everything I could find on the 4.5 and genisis subject, did all the suggestions and still getting an error message saying "Metadata for "Genisis" product does not contain web address information" and the genisis starter essentials pack isn't showing up at all...wth is that about??? some one please help?? this is making me feel like a newbie and ya'll know I hate that so please please please help! RICHARDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!...ANYONE!!!! please?

I've no idea, but I've flagged your post for the resident CMS expert.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...again, not using Genesis at all. Just the original Gen4 Leela/Steph4 character mesh I created and saved.

Haven't even bothered to load the 400MB worth of Genesis content that came with the 4.5 update.

This is why I am puzzled as the Tindra Map works perfectly fine on her in both Studio 3A and PoserPro2010. and she loaded fine in 4.5.

Ah, sorry. Well I would consider a bug report if your tired of the hassle. They MIGHT have some information for you.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Kyoto Kid,

Must be frustrating that this hasn't been solved yet! I haven't read all your posts on the subject, so you may have already tried these things, but just in case:
    1. Have you gotten the latest beta release of DS4.5? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7959/ Maybe the issue has been fixed in it? The change log is here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#pending_release I don't understand half of it, but a few of the items look like they could be related, maybe...

2. Have you tried re-saving the broken .duf again? Not sure why, but this has worked for me with some Genesis problems I was having (I know yours is not a Genesis problem). Just re-save it and then re-open it again. (Or, if that fails, re-save, remove then re-apply the skin, and save again...I guess you probably tried this already though)

Out of curiosity, are you able to use the Tindra map in DS4.5 in other circumstances? Like if clear the scene, load up V4 or Genesis, and apply the skin, then save...do you get the same problem, or does it work correctly?

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

ok I read everything I could find on the 4.5 and genisis subject, did all the suggestions and still getting an error message saying "Metadata for "Genisis" product does not contain web address information" and the genisis starter essentials pack isn't showing up at all...wth is that about??? some one please help?? this is making me feel like a newbie and ya'll know I hate that so please please please help! RICHARDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!...ANYONE!!!! please?

Did you get the updated Genesis Essentials Starter Bundle that was included in your download? Make sure you have the latest content bundle, there were some updated to the content.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

I now have 2 DS4's listed in the Control Panel

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

I have recently come back to Daz after over a year and a half of being away and I was quite pleased to find that I could get the latest studio 4.5 pro for free! Of course I grabbed that since my last version was 3a and I have to say that I am pleased to see how far it has come. So far I have used the "release" version of 4.5.0.114 and I just installed the beta for .137(?) this week. Everything has been working well so far but I have only tried new scenes not loading an old one from ds3a yet. In my admittedly limited experience this far I have to admit I like what I am seeing with the application and the few renders I have done have all come out very well. And many of the new features are quite nice with my current favorite being smoothing/collision which has been needed for a long time. YAY no more using dformers or specially made morphs to fix many issues!

As for genesis, I am still on the fence about that one although the built in ability to convert gen 4 items automatically is a big help since I have gigs of older content and all of the older generations of base figures so I would hate being forced to buy new versions of the same thing just to use with genesis.

• jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

That message means that recompilation worked. It's telling you that a native version (from source code to 3Delight 10 .sdl) might be better, not that the process failed. Better meaning faster, not that some features are non-functional.

Thank you Richard for the explanation, We've become a wiser person today :cheese: .
    If i see messages in that window , i'll panic. But not amymore :)

Thanks again!!!!

Grtz Jean-Claude

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited December 1969

vrba79 said:
    Pwtoon is still borked.
    I reset my download, uninstalled/reinstalled, and all I can get, no matter the settings or light setups, is a flat, solid color figure when rendering.

Its working for me. Which version of PWtoon are you installing

"pwToon - 7253_pwToon_1.2_ds.exe - pc" <- Its what came up after I reset my download for it, so I assume that is the fixed version that should work with 4.5</p>

edited December 1969

vrba79 said:
    vrba79 said:
    Pwtoon is still borked.
    I reset my download, uninstalled/reinstalled, and all I can get, no matter the settings or light setups, is a flat, solid color figure when rendering.

"pwToon - 7253_pwToon_1.2_ds.exe - pc" <- Its what came up after I reset my download for it, so I assume that is the fixed version that should work with 4.5</div>

Is the shader applying - if you look in the Surfaces pane, with a tooned surface selected, the shader should be listed at the top of the pane.

edited September 2012

vrba79 said:
    vrba79 said:
    Pwtoon is still borked.

"pwToon - 7253_pwToon_1.2_ds.exe - pc" <- Its what came up after I reset my download for it, so I assume that is the fixed version that should work with 4.5</div>

Is the shader applying - if you look in the Surfaces pane, with a tooned surface selected, the shader should be listed at the top of the pane.

Applies just fine. There is absolutely no hint of a problem, until I render.
    This is a chair prop with any given PWtoon settings applied.
    I followed the instructions to refresh my item history, to get the updated plugin to show up in my available downloads, uninstalled the old version, restarted the pc, installed the new version and everything.
    On a whim I even tried the presets for DS2 and DS3, in addition to the ones for DS4. Same result, every time.
    Fidgeting with different lights and render settings do nothing to change the end result either.
    Btw, I'm using 64bit D|S Pro.
    Another tidbit: It doesn't have that little [shader] tab super-imposed over each option, like it does with other shaders.

chair.png
    428 x 300 - 11K
    Post edited by vrba79 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Kyoto Kid,

Must be frustrating that this hasn't been solved yet! I haven't read all your posts on the subject, so you may have already tried these things, but just in case:
    1. Have you gotten the latest beta release of DS4.5? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7959/ Maybe the issue has been fixed in it? The change log is here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#pending_release I don't understand half of it, but a few of the items look like they could be related, maybe...

2. Have you tried re-saving the broken .duf again? Not sure why, but this has worked for me with some Genesis problems I was having (I know yours is not a Genesis problem). Just re-save it and then re-open it again. (Or, if that fails, re-save, remove then re-apply the skin, and save again...I guess you probably tried this already though)

Out of curiosity, are you able to use the Tindra map in DS4.5 in other circumstances? Like if clear the scene, load up V4 or Genesis, and apply the skin, then save...do you get the same problem, or does it work correctly?
    ...the version of 4.5 I have is the last stable release. I will not mess with any "beta" release anymore after my experiences and frustrations with Studio 3A.

Yes, I tried the multiple save/remove reload save again routine and get the same results. I also have the same issue with the Steph4 Maps (on Steph4).

Creating a character from scratch on my system in 4.5 is like trying to swim in Jell-O. My system barely supports the minimum OGL requirement and there are no further driver upgrades than what I already have. As it is a notebook, I cannot simply install a dedicated GPU so I am stuck with what it has. This is why I create and save the characters in 3A and then load them into 4.5.

edited December 1969

vrba79 said:
    vrba79 said:
    vrba79 said:
    Pwtoon is still borked.

I followed the instructions to refresh my item history, to get the updated plugin to show up in my available downloads, uninstalled the old version, restarted the pc, installed the new version and everything.
    On a whim I even tried the presets for DS2 and DS3, in addition to the ones for DS4. Same result, every time.
    Fidgeting with different lights and render settings do nothing to change the end result either.
    Another tidbit: It doesn't have that little [shader] tab super-imposed over each option, like it does with other shaders.

And you actually looked in the Surfaces pane, to see that the shader was applied, not just accepted a lack of error messages? Try opening the log file (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log), immediately after rendering, and scroll to the end to se if there are any 3Delight error messages.

edited September 2012

vrba79 said:
    vrba79 said:
    vrba79 said:
    Pwtoon is still borked.

And you actually looked in the Surfaces pane, to see that the shader was applied, not just accepted a lack of error messages? Try opening the log file (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log), immediately after rendering, and scroll to the end to se if there are any 3Delight error messages.

Script executed successfully.
    Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Users/avrba/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Shaders/pwToon_DS4/pwToon Resources/Cartoon Classic.ds
    Script executed successfully.
    Rendering image
    WARNING: general\dztokenbuffer.cpp(1516): The token "float GlossinessStrength" already exists!
    DEBUG: pwToon trial expired.
    WARNING: general\dztokenbuffer.cpp(1516): The token "float GlossinessStrength" already exists!
    3Delight message #45 (Severity 2): S2069: the interface of shader 'C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/shaders/pwToon.sdl' is invalid
    3Delight message #45 (Severity 2): S2051: cannot load shader 'pwToon', will use 'defaultsurface'
    Created RenderCacheBlock

Its saying something about a trial(wtf?), and not being able to load the shader. That's a new one on me! Last time I checked its a shader, not a plugin,
    and there is no trail version. Its got to be a problem on PWtoon's end of things. Daz's rudimentary toon shaders work. Still,
    I'd much rather have my PWtoon up and running again.

Post edited by vrba79 on
    edited December 1969

Please file a support ticket and/or bug report on pwToon, if you haven't.

edited September 2012

Okay. Sent one.
    I was just hoping someone else had the same problem, and had already figured out a user-end solution.

Post edited by vrba79 on
  • westcpwwestcpw Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

hi all

is it possible to still download version 4 64bit. I just got a new pc and want to install that - still nervous with 4.5 as I couldnt use any of my old work on daz 4...

I cant recall if the 64 bit version of Daz was free or not.. and they are no longer in my downloads folder...

on a side note, anyone using 4.5 with old 4.0 daz scenes

edited December 1969

Okay, this is weird...

Using DS 4.5.0.114 on Win 7, 64-bit. Rendered several images from two different scenes to new window rather than to file. Then went to save each one in turn. Rather than saving the image shown in the window, it would save the most recent render to the filename I chose! Pretty sure DS4.0 didn't do this...and now I guess I lost those other renders I was trying to save. Should I submit a bug report, or has this issue already been identified?

• edited December 1969

Okay, this is weird...

Using DS 4.5.0.114 on Win 7, 64-bit. Rendered several images from two different scenes to new window rather than to file. Then went to save each one in turn. Rather than saving the image shown in the window, it would save the most recent render to the filename I chose! Pretty sure DS4.0 didn't do this...and now I guess I lost those other renders I was trying to save. Should I submit a bug report, or has this issue already been identified?

Win 7 SUX! I have had nothing but issues since my new system I built loaded Win 7 Pro. I don't think it is you DS4.5, I know it is win 7.
    All I can offer is a good luck, I have tried to re-install it 4 times and it just blows chunks. Were it not for the 16GB of Ram and the High end EVGA Card and MB, I would go back to XP Pro in a heartbeat!

Best of luck. Site mail me if you find a "Miracle Cure"!

HugZ!
    Ariana

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

westcp said:
    hi all

is it possible to still download version 4 64bit. I just got a new pc and want to install that - still nervous with 4.5 as I couldnt use any of my old work on daz 4...

I cant recall if the 64 bit version of Daz was free or not.. and they are no longer in my downloads folder...

Go to "my account", click on "itemized order history", find your way to "DAZ Studio 4 Pro", click on reset.
    At the moment you get the files for 4.0 and 4.5. :)

• edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    westcp said:
    hi all

Go to "my account", click on "itemized order history", find your way to "DAZ Studio 4 Pro", click on reset.
    At the moment you get the files for 4.0 and 4.5. :)

That is good to know!
    ~A~

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Okay, this is weird...

Hi...

That might be a bug in matching the render window to the temp file, though I'm not sure... don't quote me on it ;-P

But the Good News is that as long as you haven't closed Studio, you can close all of the render windows and still save every render you did by opening the Render Editor.

Across the bottom of the screen will be every render you did during the current session. Just double click to open in the editor and click the save icon. Then just repeat for the next render and on so on and so on...

Hope this helps... :)

edited December 1969

That did help! Thank you! :)

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097
    edited December 1969

I'm using the Macintosh OS 10.8.1, with DAZStudio4.5Pro (not the beta version). All is working pretty well. I'm wondering about the new Mac update to 10.8.2. Is anyone using that? I'd hate to get DS messed up in any way. Any Mac user out there with 10.8.2 and DS4.5Pro?

• gw3972gw3972 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

inquire said:
    I'm using the Macintosh OS 10.8.1, with DAZStudio4.5Pro (not the beta version). All is working pretty well. I'm wondering about the new Mac update to 10.8.2. Is anyone using that? I'd hate to get DS messed up in any way. Any Mac user out there with 10.8.2 and DS4.5Pro?

I upgraded to 10.8.2 yesterday and just ran a quick test. DS crashed on loading an existing scene after it reached 100% loaded in the progress box.

I'll do some more testing and try to get back to you.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097
    edited December 1969

gw3972 said:
    inquire said:

I upgraded to 10.8.2 yesterday and just ran a quick test. DS crashed on loading an existing scene after it reached 100% loaded in the progress box.

OOPS!! Well, I hope that was just a fluke. But, yes, please do get back to me. Meanwhile, the Combo update will sit on my desktop.

• gw3972gw3972 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

inquire said:
    gw3972 said:
    inquire said:

OOPS!! Well, I hope that was just a fluke. But, yes, please do get back to me. Meanwhile, the Combo update will sit on my desktop.

OK, I've opened, or tried to open, over a dozen existing scenes now. Two of them crashed DS, the others loaded OK (albeit with a scary clock cursor in some cases!). Those that opened OK, rendered OK.