RRRR Sequels - Winners announced

TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
edited April 2016 in The Commons

We have winners!

The new model for calculation and LB allocations really did weird things, specially in the very tight funnies category.

Best category top list after voting

Entry Name Points
1 luci45 #2 23
2 Totte #5 12
3 Totte #8 10
4 obanion #03 9
5 purrkat #1 9
6 barbult #1 8
7 Purrkat #5 8
8 Chanteur-de-Vent #1 7

Best category after calculations

Entry Name Points LBs
1 luci45 #2
- Two items from First Bastion's store.
- $30 DAZ Store GC
28 1 LB
2 Totte #5
- One item from Dumor3D's store
- $20 DAZ Store GC
19 1 LB
3 purrkat #1
- $12 DAZ Store GC
16 2 LB (climbing)
4 barbult #1
- $8 DAZ Store GC
12 1 LB (climbing)
5 obanion #03
- $5 DAZ Store GC

Funniest category top list after voting

Entry Name Points
1 barbult #1 12
2 MelanieL #2 11
3 Renomista #2 11
4 Diomede #2 10
5 Gopherus #02 9
6 Gopherus #06 9
7 obanion #03 8
8 Gopherus #01 7

Funniest category after calculations

Entry Name Points LBs
1 Gopherus #02
- One item from Totte's store
- One item from Dumor3D's store
- $30 DAZ Store GC
17 4 LB (climbing)
2 MelanieL #2
- One item from Totte's store
- $20 DAZ Store GC
15 1 LB
3 barbult #1
- $12 DAZ Store GC
13 1 LB
4 Renomista #2
- $8 DAZ Store GC
5 Diomede #2
- $5 DAZ Store GC

Current Lucky Bastard standing

Name Current LBs
Gopherus 4 ( 1 + 4 - 1 )
purrkat 2 (+ 2)
barbult 2 (+1 +1 )
Karibou 2 ( no dropoff if no entry)
luci45 1 ( 1 +1 -1 )
MelanieL 1 ( +1 )
Totte 1 ( +1 )

Congratulations to all winners and everyone who participated to make this RRRR contest as fun as it was, and congrats and welcome to all the new faces.

I will start preparing the prizes today, will take a few days probably before everyone has got thiers. 

And now plan the next installment of this weird and funny contest!

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited April 2016

Wow!  So that s how the new math works!!  Thanks for the votes and congratulations to the other winners.

LOL!  The world is turned up sidedown!  I ve got 4LBs and Luci has only 1LB!!  Expect to see a lot of crowd scenes.

Thanks Totte, for all the math and the fun contest!

Post edited by Gopherus on
  • RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Yeah! I won somthing!

Thanks that you liked my entries!

When is the next round starting?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497

@Gopherus  You really took the new math and embraced it, and it was for situations like that I decided for the change, when someone has a lot of entries with high votes that queue up outside the top ranking.

@Renomista It will start as soon as I have finished up some stuff, and decided what theme or no theme to run this time. There were a few ideas in the thread...

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Congratulations to the winners.  Regarding the tables, somehow that Bismarck quote about seeing how sausage is made came to my mind, LOL.  Thanks for all the effort to set up the voting and doing the calculations and other organizational stuff.  Really appreciate it.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654

Congrats to the other winners! I like the new math. So, Gopherus, that's what you get for being so funny. cheeky More LBs = more fun for a twisted mind.

Thanks, Totte and other sponsors! Another great contest!

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234

Congratulations to all the winners!  Gopherus - I enjoy your sense of humor.  Your comments on everyone's entries are as funny as your entries!  Great job everyone and thanks again, Totte, for running this madness!  Looking forward to the next one!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131

Congratulations to luci45, Totte, purrkat, barbult, Ken OBanion, Gopherus (and commiserations over those LBs!), Renomista and Diomede.
    Thanks to anyone who voted for mine (I was delighted to place in a fierce contest).
    A big hand to Totte for all the hard work (and for that truly Byzantine voting system surprise) and a big thanks to all the sponsors.
    And well done everyone who entered and kept up the great RRRR tradition of providing some beautiful and some hilarious (and some both) entries.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317

Congratulations to every one who participated.  It's always fun to watch these creative contest which are often times quite inventive with the hilarious renders.  Luci45 let me know your two choices when you get a chance.  Cheers everyone.

• purrkatpurrkat Posts: 134

Congratulations to all the winners! Thank you everyone and a big thank you to the RRRR sponsors.
    Totte - You got your inspiration for this new system from... the Ponzi pyramid scheme?

Gopherus - I​f anyone can handle the more the merrier, it's you! I'm pulling out my cheer leader pom-poms... Gopherus, Gopherus... he's our man... if he can't do it... no one can!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654

Congratulations to every one who participated.  It's always fun to watch these creative contest which are often times quite inventive with the hilarious renders.  Luci45 let me know your two choices when you get a chance.  Cheers everyone.

Thanks. I am trying to narrow down my list to two. laugh You will hear from me soon.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Congrads Winners!!!! This was a really fun contest and so look forward to the next one!!!

• Congratulations to all the winners!

Seems like I really fell off the face of the planet, I'm sorry for all the comments I didn't make and don't even mention the non-placed vote. I totally forgot the voting even existed. It's hard to keep up with things being 7h ahead of your usual schedule. But hey, South-Korea is fun. 

Congrads Winners!!!! This was a really fun contest and so look forward to the next one!!!

It's here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/78671/rrrr-story-render-contest

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

Congratulations to all the winners!

I'm about half-way through gathering up all of the GCs (I put every one on a separate order, because sometimes, if I purchace multiple GCs at one time, one fails to register); please be patient.

I should have them all delivered by the end of the weekend.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,131

Hi, thanks for the votes! I've been gone on vacation and missed this thread entirely. Luckily, Totte pointed it out to me. Congratulations to all the winners. Totte's new scoring system seems to have worked out well. Luci45 held her top spot with an outstanding render and Gopherus moved up with multiple hilarious renders. We sure seem to have accumulated a pile of LBs, though. Are these "sticky" LBs? Poor Gopherus, +4 LBs in one contest!!!!

The stickyness will be a little different, if a render "drops", it will remove one sticky for each step it drops, but it didn't effect anything this round.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    Totte said:

It's here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/78671/rrrr-story-render-contest

I am off to check this out!!!