Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Edens Flame is a very nice outfit. Below is a DS4 render of Stephanie 5 curvy wearing it.
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

That looks like it converted for Genesis really really well actually :)

Yeah, I was thinkin the same thing too. Looks much better than my conversion LOL Whats the secret???

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Edens Flame is a very nice outfit. Below is a DS4 render of Stephanie 5 curvy wearing it.

Yeah, I was thinkin the same thing too. Looks much better than my conversion LOL Whats the secret???

It wasnt on the ape? *snorts*

edited December 1969

Artini said:

It wasnt on the ape? *snorts*

HAHAHAHAA True. But hey! my first one was on V5!

edited December 1969

Zaarin: Treasure planet reference? Not sure since that isnt exact and I did have to look it up LOL

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Artini, great job on your render!!!

Zaarin said:

I'll not tolerate a cross word about Disney in this or any other thread! :P (Cookie for the reference :P)

I love Edens Fire! So much that I even forgive you for not releasing an M4 DA set like I expected you to! ;) The Control Room is awesome, too, as is Jepes Clive and Dax. It's been an expensive day for me--the first yet, actually. ;)

haha I love Disney. Im a big disney goob. But shhhh dont tell anyone... that will totally ruin my evil rep lol

As for the DA set LOL Well, that is forthcoming too. I actually started the next for DA (which is still not yet the male one - I am still kinna itching out the details on that one yet) But the level of coolness in this next one is off the charts. It might even beat out Vermillion Dawn for me lol
    Well, guy or girl, you've got me hooked on DA. ;) I hope more tribal tattoos like Ki'ara's are involved. ;)

edited December 1969

Zaarin: Treasure planet reference? Not sure since that isnt exact and I did have to look it up LOL

Piffy, I havent seen that one. My son grew out of Disney, so Ive no good excuse to buy the movies anymore. Cept Hercules. I so need to buy that one anyway lol ish my fave

edited December 1969

Zaarin said:

Zaarin said:

I'll not tolerate a cross word about Disney in this or any other thread! :P (Cookie for the reference :P)

I love Edens Fire! So much that I even forgive you for not releasing an M4 DA set like I expected you to! ;) The Control Room is awesome, too, as is Jepes Clive and Dax. It's been an expensive day for me--the first yet, actually. ;)

haha I love Disney. Im a big disney goob. But shhhh dont tell anyone... that will totally ruin my evil rep lol

As for the DA set LOL Well, that is forthcoming too. I actually started the next for DA (which is still not yet the male one - I am still kinna itching out the details on that one yet) But the level of coolness in this next one is off the charts. It might even beat out Vermillion Dawn for me lol

Well, guy or girl, you've got me hooked on DA. ;) I hope more tribal tattoos like Ki'ara's are involved. ;)

Rockin some scarring in the next, as opposed to tattoos per se. Also, there is another option, which I dont wanna blow the whistle on quite yet.... but its uber cool.

edited December 1969

Aye, Treasure Planet. It got bad reviews, but it's still one of my favorites. The soundtrack is to die for, it has a sort of steampunk vibe, and Jim Hawkins is a really great character. Oh, and Emma Thompson. ;)
    edited December 1969

Piffy, I havent seen that one. My son grew out of Disney, so Ive no good excuse to buy the movies anymore. Cept Hercules. I so need to buy that one anyway lol ish my fave
    Ach, I can't stand Hercules--except for "I Won't Say I'm in Love." The rest of the movie hurts so much. :( I guess Disney didn't think Leda and the Swan was child appropriate material. :P

edited December 1969

Zaarin said:

Ach, I can't stand Hercules--except for "I Won't Say I'm in Love." The rest of the movie hurts so much. :( I guess Disney didn't think Leda and the Swan was child appropriate material. :P

LOL yah they sugarcoated a lot of that story and changed a fair amount. But I guess Disney can't really have Herc murder his family after Hera (not his mother, but his EVIL stepmother) cursed him :giggles:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Seems like a good children's movie

edited December 1969

Zaarin said:

LOL yah they sugarcoated a lot of that story and changed a fair amount. But I guess Disney can't really have Herc murder his family after Hera (not his mother, but his EVIL stepmother) cursed him :giggles:
    Even aside from the changes, though, I just everyone but Meg to be terribly unlikable. :( I think Hercules and Tarzan are probably the only Disney movies I just don't like. Brother Bear used to be on the list, but I now have a love/hate relationship with it. :P

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Seems like a good children's movie

LOL Well I grew up reading the real mythology. It was actually the only reading my mom could get me to do as a kid... so I find it perfectly acceptable lol

edited December 1969

I'm not a huge fan of Hercules either. My fav is Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, and probably Finding Nemo LOL Hubby's is Finding Nemo and the Little Mermaid and Aladdin but shh I didn't tell you that ;)

On Treasure Planet..I hope hubby wasnt referring to that movie when he said it sounded like a good one as he's seen it ROFL More then ones. My oldest LOvED that movie and Atlantis when he was younger LOL

edited December 1969

DOH he was saying that the missing parts would make a lovely kids movie *bonks hubby* Bad hubby LOL

edited December 1969

My faves are Hercules and the Black Cauldron (is anyone surprised with that last? No... didnt think so lol) I also really love Aladdin tho, so its up there too for me.

• edited December 1969

Lovely Outfit Barb! Picked it up last night!

HugZ!
    Ariana

edited December 1969

My faves are Hercules and the Black Cauldron (is anyone surprised with that last? No... didnt think so lol) I also really love Aladdin tho, so its up there too for me.

Black Cauldron...another film that unfairly got bad reviews. :(
    edited December 1969

Ariana - Thanks hun!! I hope you have fun with it (and post renders!)

Zaarin - yeah, I dunno why that one got such bad reviews... prolly coz it was way darker than their norm. I had waited years for them to unvault it. When they finally did, I ran right out and bought it. I cant even count the number of times Ive watched it now lol

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot for the comment. I like this outfit very much. You have made a great job on it.
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

In Daz Studio 4 Pro to preserve morphs on the converted clothes, I have converted each Eden Flame piece of cloth
    to the TriAx weight mapping and then using Transfer utility have autofitted clothes to Stephanie 5.
    Daz Studio 4.5 autofitting preserves morphes automatically, so it is even easier, but I have not tried that myself yet.

edited September 2012

Artini said:
    Artini said:

In Daz Studio 4 Pro to preserve morphs on the converted clothes, I have converted each Eden Flame piece of cloth
    to the TriAx weight mapping and then using Transfer utility have autofitted clothes to Stephanie 5.
    Daz Studio 4.5 autofitting preserves morphes automatically, so it is even easier, but I have not tried that myself yet.

You are smarter then I am...you just said all that and my eyes glazed and a little spittle of drool appeared outta the corner of my mouth LOL I really wish I understood DS a bit better. Thank heavens for a totally awesome DS Testing team or Id be in deep trouble LOL :) Thanks for sharing all that info though! One of these days Ill have to try it :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

That looks like it converted for Genesis really really well actually :) Though guess I shoulda expected that when I saw it on the ape LMAOO

Yes, this outfit converted for Genesis really well. There were only slight distortions on the underside of the boots.

edited December 1969

You are smarter then I am...you just said all that and my eyes glazed and a little spittle of drool appeared outta the corner of my mouth LOL I really wish I understood DS a bit better. Thank heavens for a totally awesome DS Testing team or Id be in deep trouble LOL :) Thanks for sharing all that info though! One of these days Ill have to try it :)

All of that I have learned by reading the various posts in Daz3D forums and playing around with Daz Studio.
    There are many talented people here.
    edited December 1969

Zaarin - yeah, I dunno why that one got such bad reviews... prolly coz it was way darker than their norm. I had waited years for them to unvault it. When they finally did, I ran right out and bought it. I cant even count the number of times Ive watched it now lol

In the 80s (and even the 90s), it was assumed cartoons were for children. Look at what happened to Don Bluth Studios. :(
  • edited September 2012

Zaarin said:

In the 80s (and even the 90s), it was assumed cartoons were for children. Look at what happened to Don Bluth Studios. :(

Shoot I can recall my Fav's Marvin Martian, born in the Right Quadrant of the Galaxy!

Modern illustrators of adult cartooning: GILBERT SHELTON's Fat Freddy's Cat! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Freddy's_Cat , RALPH BAKSHI with Fritz the Cat, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Bakshi , one of my all time favorite's VAUGHN BODE with Cheech Wizard! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaughn_Bodé This is adult so be warned! The Girl! LOL!!! Someone must have modeled G4 after her!!!

Oh and not forgetting RICHARD CORBIN and Den http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Corben . Absolutely influenced me and my art back in the day!!!

Link removed by Moderator -- links to sites containing nudity are only permitted if the link location has nudity filters in place.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sheesh! I am not new, I have been a member since 2005! Last count was something like a whole bunch of posts! But that doesn’t matter…. or does it? Bazinga!

Your not new anymore, now your a member! ;-P

• edited December 1969

Sheesh! I am not new, I have been a member since 2005! Last count was something like a whole bunch of posts! But that doesn’t matter…. or does it? Bazinga!

Your not new anymore, now your a member! ;-P

Well ThanX!!! ;)

Ariana

edited December 1969

I used to draw Marvin the Martian in HS (that was back when I first started drawing and getting heavy into art) He was my fave too.

And yah, definitely gonna have to try it Artini's way.... using Auto fit by itself doesnt seem to have those awesome results.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

An old render using Wings3D and Bryce5.

marvin.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 177K