Select facet by id?

Hello everyone,

Assume I already know the ids of some facets, is there a way to select these facets via script, then I could use addSelectedFacetsToMaterialGroup() function to add them into a material group?
I have found that DzFacetMesh has some functions such as: selectAllFacets(), selectConnectedFacets() and selectFacets(DzFaceGroup *grp), but they don't seem to meet what I need (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Many thanks :)

Comments

• simtenerosimtenero Posts: 383
    e-wave said:

Hello everyone,

Assume I already know the ids of some facets, is there a way to select these facets via script, then I could use addSelectedFacetsToMaterialGroup() function to add them into a material group?
    I have found that DzFacetMesh has some functions such as: selectAllFacets(), selectConnectedFacets() and selectFacets(DzFaceGroup *grp), but they don't seem to meet what I need (please correct me if I'm wrong).

This seems doable.  You would have to first clear out the current active selection with deselectAllFacets(), then get the material you want to modify with getMaterialGroup().  Next, you'd create a DzFacetGroup that contains the facets you want added, then selectFacets(yourNewFacetGroup).  Then you should be good to addSelectedFacetsToMaterialGroup().

None of that is tested, so I could be way off, but I think thats the basic idea laugh.

• iwaveiwave Posts: 46
    edited April 2016
    simtenero said:
    e-wave said:

Hello everyone,

This seems doable.  You would have to first clear out the current active selection with deselectAllFacets(), then get the material you want to modify with getMaterialGroup().  Next, you'd create a DzFacetGroup that contains the facets you want added, then selectFacets(yourNewFacetGroup).  Then you should be good to addSelectedFacetsToMaterialGroup().

None of that is tested, so I could be way off, but I think thats the basic idea laugh.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Your approach is correct, the only problem is I can not create the instance of DzFacetGroup or DzFaceGroup in Daz Studio(I am still using version 4.8).
    So I used getFaceGroup() function to get an existing DzFaceGroup, then added the ids of facets into this face group.
    Then I could successfully call selectFacets() to select these facets!

Thank you again :)

Post edited by iwave on