- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I am afraid I am loosing my hearing. It is hard to hear things at work but is that because my hearing is going away or they play that music in the backroom so darn loud.

I could hear my mum okay on the phone so maybe it was the music is too loud at work and is hard to hear over it. Why is there music being played in the backroom of the store? music is for the customers I thought. There are no customers in the backroom.

Next year the store I work at is going to be remodeled as in rebuilt and redone. The GM said that I will be working at a different store during that period so I do not have to worry.

It is probably the backroom music then, not your ears.

That is what I am thinking also. i do not know why they have that music on so loud.

I thought i lost a library book but it fell off the night stand and was behind it. The book is Dead Until Dark, a mystery novel with a bite. True Blood is based on that series. I wonder I can see the 2012 season of True Blood. I also want to catch up on Dexter. i did not see the 2011 season of Dexter and there probably is a 2012 season of it I have not seen. Maybe I can catch up on that when I get Netflix, but that will not be for a while.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

iz cold outside. shiverr

Peanut, "search your feelings Jef-fa-fa" tee hee.

i bought the Tailgunner for my Aiko3. too sleepy to install and render t'nite. She's happy, but she's patience.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. THe garden city is showing its colours this morning, there are clouds of pollen drifting through the still air and people are sneezing all over :)

gahzoontites :)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Spyro said:
    Skiriki said:
    Well do a small scale test render with raytracing on. Render a 500x500 image, that shouldn't take too long?

Yeah Ok, I'll start her up now.

Was it you who rendered final renders really big? Was it 4000+? Also, when you render big, do the distant characters loose that weird texture seam? I notice it really bad with this test render at 1000x1000

Hey, WOW, things are certainly different with RayTrace! Even the lighting has changed. It actually didnt take as long as I expected... Probably because I haven't loaded the trees. But there ARE shadows! :cheese:

That's a nice pastoral scene :)

edited December 1969

iz cold outside. shiverr

Peanut, "search your feelings Jef-fa-fa" tee hee.

i bought the Tailgunner for my Aiko3. too sleepy to install and render t'nite. She's happy, but she's patience.

warm here today, a bit cloudy but haz blue sky pokin' through :)

edited December 1969

I did a render but it is not complete. I seem to be clueless about my art direction at the moment. I have all this content but I feel like I need something extra in order to do an image with it.

Well it looks good. Tentacles ? :)

edited December 1969

I am not understanding how to find smoothing modifier in DS4.5. I am going to go to bed and try to figure it out in the morning.

I also gave Genesis a tail. I cannot figure out how to parent the tail to genesis so that it will always be attached to Genesis's butt. I think it is attached but then I change the pose of Genesis and the tail goes into a wrong position.

It gets so frustrating. my join date says I have been at Daz since 2004. It is 2012 now. That is about eight years. I feel like I should know more than I do about daz studio.

stuff changes though, is taxing to keep up the pace ;)

edited December 1969

There is some really neat blues playing somewhere near, syncopating with noisy traffic. Vegetarian lunch today, haz huge salad sandwich on rye *mmmmm messy*

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

I think I need more hair for Genesis. maybe I should find a way to get Vicky 4's hair to work on Genesis. Once I do that I can have a bit more hair for Genesis. Though I am afraid I will not ever have enough hair for Genesis.

I am waiting for two things so I can get more stuff for Genesis. I am waiting for my personalized prepaid visa to come in is the main thing. the second thing is to have some paychecks in which takes time and working.

Miss B W:
    You can use your V4 hair on Genesis with the same flexibility as with V4. I use 4.0 but this should work the same in 4.5.

If you use "fit to' for the hair, your morphs will be broken and the hair "vacuum-packed to the head and body. and you won't be able to inj the hair morphs. In the example render I've included I'm using Lollipop Hair which comes with fits for most of the gen 4 and gen 3 ladies.and uses morph injections. The key is to not "fit to" the hair, but "parent" it.

First, make sure the genesis figure is morphed to the actor shape the hair is meant for and un-posed. Then make sure the genesis figure is not selected.
    Load the hair. It should appear in approximately the correct position. now click the Scene tab and right click on the hair name. You'll see a popup with Change Parent in it. Select this and you will see the hierarchy for the genesis figure. Select head to parent the hair.

Now you will probably see the hair shift in size and position a bit. Use the translation and sizing tools under parameters tab for the hair until it fits to your satisfaction. The inj the morphs. Go into scene tab again and arrow down the hair hierarchy until you find "neck"; select this and go to parameters tab, You should now see Morphs as usable.

I haven't tried this with other hair but if the morphs aren't in the neck, check the rest of the hierarchy.

Now you can pose your figure, and the hair will stay with the head. You can use the hair morphs to prevent the hair from intersecting the genesis figure.

Remember, if you change the figure to another morph, say a male or creature, you'll have to adjust the hair again to sit correctly on the new head shape and size. And you will want to return to zero pose on the genesis figure first to make the adjustments easier.

I followed this method with the example image and have bent, twisted and tilted the head at the neck; then i used some wind and other morphs on the hair.
    Hope this helps.

alice.jpg
    937 x 1250 - 561K
  • FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Had a headache all day practically. At first I thought it was from caffeine withdrawal since I'm trying to cut back on it. Been without since Friday or Saturday (not sure if the diet Snapple I had on Saturday had caffeine) so that was a logical conclusion. And the pain did seem to ease up when Fiance picked me up some unsweetened tea for lunch. But it's also hasn't gone away either.

Because I still feel awful and Fiance is still working (but from home at least) we decided to have our cheat meal a little early this week. Cheat meal is usually on Saturday night but I did not feel able to cook, not with the way my head feels. So we had a hamburger and I got more tea. This means having to be good the rest of the week but that is the way it goes.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I am afraid I am loosing my hearing. It is hard to hear things at work but is that because my hearing is going away or they play that music in the backroom so darn loud.

I could hear my mum okay on the phone so maybe it was the music is too loud at work and is hard to hear over it. Why is there music being played in the backroom of the store? music is for the customers I thought. There are no customers in the backroom.

Next year the store I work at is going to be remodeled as in rebuilt and redone. The GM said that I will be working at a different store during that period so I do not have to worry.

It is probably the backroom music then, not your ears.

That is what I am thinking also. i do not know why they have that music on so loud.

I thought i lost a library book but it fell off the night stand and was behind it. The book is Dead Until Dark, a mystery novel with a bite. True Blood is based on that series. I wonder I can see the 2012 season of True Blood. I also want to catch up on Dexter. i did not see the 2011 season of Dexter and there probably is a 2012 season of it I have not seen. Maybe I can catch up on that when I get Netflix, but that will not be for a while.

I made another trip to Half-price Books this afternoon and came home with a Eudora Welty and 4 more of the Stephanie Plum series. I love to read.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited September 2012

No caffeine?!! (Falls to knees and looks straight up) Noooooooooooooooo!!!!

But did your headache improve? I do hope so. I'm plagued with them myself. And ragweed and goldenrod pollen is at an all-time high here and kickin' my a$$!

Post edited by TJohn on
  • FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    No caffeine?!! (Falls to knees and looks straight up) Noooooooooooooooo!!!!

But did your headache improve? I do hope so. I'm plagued with them myself. And ragweed and goldenrod pollen is at an all-time high here and kickin' my a$$!

Nope, still got the dratted thing. So I'm thinking it's now some other kind of headache. Probably sinus as the pain has moved to sit right between my eyes. >_<</p>

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    You can use your V4 hair on Genesis with the same flexibility as with V4. I use 4.0 but this should work the same in 4.5.

If you use "fit to' for the hair, your morphs will be broken and the hair "vacuum-packed to the head and body. and you won't be able to inj the hair morphs.

4.5 in my experience retains morphs. That was the reason why I jumped to 4.5RC* so fast that my hair was like a flag in brisk breeze.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...did my fair share of beta testing with S3A when it was released and paid for the pleasure of doing so.

...think I'll wait and see what happens from a safe distance.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Well I totally have a concept in my mind for a little thief render!! Just gotto finish my jungle render!

edited December 1969

Man, feeling so horribly blue today. Even for a Finn.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

I remember I was so happy of this when I finished making it. Had fun making it too.

Now I think it sucks XD
    Except for their glowing eyes :3

The wrath of the undead XD

qreerw.jpg
    450 x 338 - 49K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I remember I was so happy of this when I finished making it. Had fun making it too.

Now I think it sucks XD
    Except for their glowing eyes :3

The wrath of the undead XD

Living vs the dead... I like it!

edited December 1969

Stopped off for a swim on the way home, oh boy the water felt good, can't wait for summer *taps foot*

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Man, feeling so horribly blue today. Even for a Finn.

Aw. Hereis a nice sunset :)

edited September 2012

Another oldie...
    Hm where dragons and humans live in the same city XD
    Oh all the obvious modeling and lighting mistakes I made back then, and the texturing... Good times :)
    I spy, with my little wyvern eye...
    The wyvern 1.0
    Eagle
    Eagle 2.0 (And Rawn's texture for it)
    Millennium Dragon
    Hiro
    Aiko
    that mass produced robot kitty
    I think that's the Poser Cat...
    Temple Ruins
    GOthic Construction Kit
    (SOme freebie alcohol bottles whom I forgot made them)
    Fork Tail Dragon
    Um...

*edit* Made it a little brighter just so you could see the dang thing XD

nzbj2k6y.jpg
    1400 x 1544 - 912K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

something happened to the sunset pic before...

u427.jpg
    1009 x 767 - 193K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Another oldie...
    Hm where dragons and humans live in the same city XD
    Oh all the obvious modeling and lighting mistakes I made back then, and the texturing... Good times :)
    I spy, with my little wyvern eye...
    The wyvern 1.0
    Eagle
    Eagle 2.0 (And Rawn's texture for it)
    Millennium Dragon
    Hiro
    Aiko
    that mass produced robot kitty
    I think that's the Poser Cat...
    Temple Ruins
    GOthic Construction Kit
    (SOme freebie alcohol bottles whom I forgot made them)
    Fork Tail Dragon
    Um...

*edit* Made it a little brighter just so you could see the dang thing XD

It looks good :)

edited September 2012

GREAT JOB with the sunset Ps1borg, that's amazing!!

I'm seeking some comments/feed back on the lighting of the below render. I'm going for realistic 'Sunrise' lighting, but at the same time I want to really bring out the foreground two main characters. (I'm also thinking I might give the render a soft blur in their background. But I'll play with that once the lighting is satisfactory)

Ps1borg.. I think It was you that mentioned something of subtle short ranged pin lights. Looking at this render, what would you suggest? I'm very keen to learn :)

ATM- there are 1x distant light (The main orange sunlight at 135%), 1x distant light Yellowish at 40%, 1 distant light white (Specular only) and one soft blue distant light at 35%.

JungleTestPeopleLightsFog2_RaytraceSh_2000_v3A.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited September 2012

Looks like a screenshot from a game :)
    Pretty cool XD
    (Can't wait to see what it look slike with trees and jungle life :3 )
    Iff at all possible, it would be cool to see a tame biguana in the background, maybe serving as a living playground for some children :)
    Murr.. Biguana luv~

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited September 2012

Back from the store. Feeling better after a helping of ice cream.

Oh and thanks for the golden sunset.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

I also found this some time ago...
    Biguana is an attractive mount it seems :3

mynti_a__ria_by_goombalink-d48e22i.jpg
    800 x 450 - 112K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    GREAT JOB with the sunset Ps1borg, that's amazing!!

I'm seeking some comments/feed back on the lighting of the below render. I'm going for realistic 'Sunrise' lighting, but at the same time I want to really bring out the foreground two main characters. (I'm also thinking I might give the render a soft blur in their background. But I'll play with that once the lighting is satisfactory)

Ps1borg.. I think It was you that mentioned something of subtle short ranged pin lights. Looking at this render, what would you suggest? I'm very keen to learn :)

ATM- there are 1x distant light (The main orange sunlight at 135%), 1x distant light Yellowish at 40%, 1 distant light white (Specular only) and one soft blue distant light at 35%.

Yellow light + blue light = white light, is the same as red+green+blue lights because yellow is red+green. You will need to decide on a dominant primary colour. A sunrise in the sky, as it is framed now, will backlight the subjects leaving a strong rim of sunrise colour around their edges. Shadow will fall toward the viewer. I would use point lights very close to each subject to highlight detail you want people to see. Everything depends upon how much detail, for example you could lower the camera angle a little to make more sky in the frame and then silhouette the subjects against the sky. It depends what you want to do, your strategy right now seems to be to light everything equally, when a sunrise would leave deep shadows in places. I always gamma correct (2.2), although we had a thing for anti-gamma correct in the thread a while ago. If you gamma correct you get more bang for lighting bucks, if you don't all the bang is in whatever dark you want to play with. I always overcrank lights, turn a distant light up to say 166% and aim it toward the camera, see what happens as you adjust its angle. When you see something you like crank the light up to 266% and see what that does. Once you got one light more or less happening you aim a second at whatever place you want to highlight. I always set falloff, where available. Use linear falloff until you get comfortable with it. How much falloff depends upon what you are lighting. Falloff from point lights makes good textures look better. Always crank up a point light to more than 100% (usually 333% for me - I always step in thirds) ) and use the rolloff to prevent stuff blowing out and turning white. GC is helpful there as well. That's a lot to take in for now.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Looks like a screenshot from a game :)
    Pretty cool XD
    (Can't wait to see what it look slike with trees and jungle life :3 )
    Iff at all possible, it would be cool to see a tame biguana in the background, maybe serving as a living playground for some children :)
    Murr.. Biguana luv~

Yes doesn't it :)

This discussion has been closed.