Hobbit (Elijah Wood actually) morphs

ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
edited December 1969 in New Users

I was hoping to do some LotR scenes and I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a good look-a-like morph for Elijah Wood? I located a decent freebie hobbit morph over on ShareCG but if anyone has any other recommendations, please post them.

Thank you!

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Nope...the one that really looked him disappeared a while ago, sorry.

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Nope...the one that really looked him disappeared a while ago, sorry.
    Rats. Thanks though, If anyone sees that morph, please post the link!
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Ya know, people created Tolkien-themed artwork for 50 years before Peter Jackson made those movies. Don't let your creativity be bounded by one man's vision. Put a hobbit-proportioned guy with hairy feet on the brink of the Cracks of Doom in the act of claiming a gold ring for his own, and even if he looks like Genesis Male Generic, everyone will know it's Frodo.

(how do we do hairy feet, BTW?)

edited September 2012

Ostadan said:
    Ya know, people created Tolkien-themed artwork for 50 years before Peter Jackson made those movies. Don't let your creativity be bounded by one man's vision. Put a hobbit-proportioned guy with hairy feet on the brink of the Cracks of Doom in the act of claiming a gold ring for his own, and even if he looks like Genesis Male Generic, everyone will know it's Frodo.

(how do we do hairy feet, BTW?)

True, I just liked the look Elijah brought to the character. Plus I was hoping to do a parody of some specific movie scenes and it helps if the actors are recognizable.

As for hobbit feet hair, was thinking of morphing hair props for the feet but honestly, I think a prop for feet hair that might work could be an X-rated body prop for V4 I saw over on another site. I'll let your imagination deduce which props I mean, I ain't saying more about it :o

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

This product includes morphing foot hair and toe hair for Genesis: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/manfuzz---lowerbody-hair-for-genesis/95025
    I haven't used it, so I'm not sure how hobbit-like it can get.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited September 2012

Something like this?

Right now it is a simple mesh hair figure (made in Blender) that has been converted to a conforming figure and is attached to the foot (one for each foot). It's not a lighweight item...any denser and the poly count would be really outrageous, any thinner and it looks too anemic to be worth putting on. There are no morphs for it nor are there going to be. Atrion's Fantasy Races-Hobbit was used for the render. I'm not going to try to UV map this, so it's going to get a shader....

hobbithair2.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 321K
    hobbithair.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 288K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Something like this?
    That looks pretty darn good! :)