DS Advanced Price?

2»

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Fran, you have to enter the DS4 Pro serial number that will be in your My Account area to change DS4 from Standard to Pro. This will release the plugins, and you will then have the full set of Pro features. That is the way it always worked.

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

Fran, you have to enter the DS4 Pro serial number that will be in your My Account area to change DS4 from Standard to Pro. This will release the plugins, and you will then have the full set of Pro features. That is the way it always worked.

Yes, Jimmy, I did that last night. And hey presto, the 'Figure Set-up Tools' (which I understand are the things you need for rigging) appeared under 'Tabs'. Not sure where to find the Shader Mixer Tool/s, it's been such a long long time since I had a demo that allowed me to use those, so a long, long time since I did that lovely tutorial someone made on using the Shader Mixer. I must have another look for that... oh no, it's lost and hidden amongst all the rest of the lost stuff in the old forums - that's a great pity.

Are we going to have tutorials on this new empty site?
    I could really do with a tutorial - or lots of tuts - on rigging.

I think maybe I'm start a thread on that, see what comes out of the woodwork.

I want to learn as much as I can on rigging, shaders too.

You know I'm actually starting to feel a bit excited!

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    That should say "Store" and it's a new 'feature'...a desktop link directly to the DAZ store...and unfortunately, if you delete it, it comes back with every install you do. The only way NOT to get it is run the installer manually in console mode...and even then I'm not sure if all the installers obey the commands.

Sorry, I dunno what that means... console mode??? (expression of total bafflement) *shrug*
    By the way - this evening on starting up the PC - I had 2 of those beastly 'TORE' icons on my desktop.

(Yes, I know you said it ought to say 'Store' but it doesn't on my PC.)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    That should say "Store" and it's a new 'feature'...a desktop link directly to the DAZ store...and unfortunately, if you delete it, it comes back with every install you do. The only way NOT to get it is run the installer manually in console mode...and even then I'm not sure if all the installers obey the commands.

Sorry, I dunno what that means... console mode??? (expression of total bafflement) *shrug*
    By the way - this evening on starting up the PC - I had 2 of those beastly 'TORE' icons on my desktop.

(Yes, I know you said it ought to say 'Store' but it doesn't on my PC.)

Command line...open the search dialog box and type in cmd or find the command prompt on the Start Menu. Then you type in the full name of the installer and add options to it...typing in .exe --help should bring up the available options.