- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ElorOnceDark store is on sale. squeee they make A3 outfits.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited December 1969

I'm back here to complain that I completely suck at MEL Scripting for Autodesk Maya.

No, seriously, every day I go to class I feel stupider than the session before. I can't even get something so simple as 10 polySpheres with decreasing radius for each one done right... :down:

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

My Bow!! :cheese:

MSBow_Texture_Base_2.jpg
    1270 x 1182 - 214K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Thanks :cheese: I just edited the bow where the string is attached and made an indent. I think I'm happy with it now. Got to export it to daz, then send it to hexagon to make the draw back morph... Then I texture it YEY! Then it needs a quiver!

Wow! great work. I'm currently all aquiver if that's any help. :)

edited December 1969

HAHA! LOL :P I'll work on the quiver maybe tomoz... The UVW mapping is the most time consuming and mind boggling thing that has slowed me considerably! I dont know how the vendors do it honestly.

edited December 1969

grapes for lunch today. thinking about making a cuppa tea.
    wish i had my Peanut doll with me for a snuggle-huggle.

edited September 2012

Complaint: Where are my shadows!!

Question, is this because I'm using deep shadow maps? When I render the full thing at high-res with ray traced shadows, will they appear??

The characters are perfectly placed on the ground, NOT FLOATING I assure you.

JungleTestPeopleLightsFog.jpg
    1000 x 976 - 494K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Well do a small scale test render with raytracing on. Render a 500x500 image, that shouldn't take too long?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I am afraid I am loosing my hearing. It is hard to hear things at work but is that because my hearing is going away or they play that music in the backroom so darn loud.

I could hear my mum okay on the phone so maybe it was the music is too loud at work and is hard to hear over it. Why is there music being played in the backroom of the store? music is for the customers I thought. There are no customers in the backroom.

Next year the store I work at is going to be remodeled as in rebuilt and redone. The GM said that I will be working at a different store during that period so I do not have to worry.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well do a small scale test render with raytracing on. Render a 500x500 image, that shouldn't take too long?

Yeah Ok, I'll start her up now.

Was it you who rendered final renders really big? Was it 4000+? Also, when you render big, do the distant characters loose that weird texture seam? I notice it really bad with this test render at 1000x1000

edited December 1969

I thought it was time again to breed my dragon Rory, but he was not available for breeding. I checked Rory to see when I bred him last and it was Thursday so I can breed him again sometime tomorrow. I bred Bastet and Eddie instead. They gave me a red egg so I was happy.

I am doing laundry now. I put all the dirty clothes into one wash. Once that is over I put it in dryer then after that put the clothes away and remake the bed.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Skiriki said:

Yeah Ok, I'll start her up now.

Was it you who rendered final renders really big? Was it 4000+? Also, when you render big, do the distant characters loose that weird texture seam? I notice it really bad with this test render at 1000x1000

Hey, WOW, things are certainly different with RayTrace! Even the lighting has changed. It actually didnt take as long as I expected... Probably because I haven't loaded the trees. But there ARE shadows! :cheese:

JungleTestPeopleLightsFog2_RaytraceSh.jpg
    500 x 488 - 155K
    JungleTestPeopleLightsFog2.jpg
    1000 x 976 - 493K
    edited December 1969

Well there you go. And yeah, I render biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig.

edited December 1969

Does it take away the seams that appear on distant characters? I'm not far from rendering the 'Biiiiiiiiiiig hi-res one with the trees (Though I must adjust the lighting first.) You can actually see the seems appearing even in this 500px one.

edited December 1969

Larger helps!

JungleTestPeopleLightsFog2_RaytraceSh_2000.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

I think I need more hair for Genesis. maybe I should find a way to get Vicky 4's hair to work on Genesis. Once I do that I can have a bit more hair for Genesis. Though I am afraid I will not ever have enough hair for Genesis.

I am waiting for two things so I can get more stuff for Genesis. I am waiting for my personalized prepaid visa to come in is the main thing. the second thing is to have some paychecks in which takes time and working.

edited December 1969

i guess it depends what you're going to use genesis for - fitting v4 or m4 short hair works okay for genni

i bought the pc item Elven hair, it's 145 megabytes.

i keep spending money on 1.99 things, cuz it's only 1.99 but those 1.99s add up pretty quick. doh

edited December 1969

LOL tell me about it :-S

edited December 1969

I did a render but it is not complete. I seem to be clueless about my art direction at the moment. I have all this content but I feel like I need something extra in order to do an image with it.

hitomiwip0001.jpg
    784 x 800 - 66K
    edited December 1969

No... She lookin good! Now I wonder If she might pass as the *first* little thief render??

edited December 1969

Logging off complaint: I successfully stayed up all night, AGAIN... Damn my many render projects... Now off to bed. Tar tah!

edited December 1969

My Gen 3 for Genesis does not look like it is installed. I need to install my stuff so I can use it. I think I already downloaded gen 3 for Genesis but I need to find it so I can install it so I can use it.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Raptors - They're like ostriches, but it doesn't quite work the same way XD

Doesn__t_Quite_Work_by_demented1.jpg
    864 x 683 - 196K
    edited December 1969

I was trying to play with the dials of this figure. The shirt is autofitted to her. It was an A3 outfit. I thought Genesis would be able to do almost anything figure I can think of and cloth her. Why is the shirt not working on this shape?

I got frustrated with that so I closed DS4.5 without saving. I also noticed I do not have Amy installed. I need to get the newest 3duniverse toon girl.

bustproblemwithgenesisoutfitshirt.jpg
    490 x 495 - 32K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. THe garden city is showing its colours this morning, there are clouds of pollen drifting through the still air and people are sneezing all over :)

edited December 1969

Before dinner the Lady who owns the group home came into my room to see how I was doing. I was in the middle of setting up Genesis with clothing and texture and hair. Genesis did not have any poses yet and was in default pose. i explained that it is art that I like doing.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited September 2012

I hope she is okay with it :3
    I don't think it'd be easy for me to explain if someone walked into my room while working on stuff like this XD
    (Is something I commissioned an artist I really like for. Both are my draggy characters, but only the green one has a name D: Rezca :P
    Yesh, that is my little Rezca right there. <3 <br /> Not that he'd actually do something like that, but who cares XD )
    Oh and yesh, that blue dragon that's with him is the same one I took that photo of :3
    http://sylxeriaguardian.deviantart.com/art/Dragonphoto-2-327074245

_rezca_doesnt_share__p2.jpg
    2000 x 1512 - 368K
    _rezca_doesnt_share__p1.jpg
    2000 x 1313 - 341K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

I was trying to play with the dials of this figure. The shirt is autofitted to her. It was an A3 outfit. I thought Genesis would be able to do almost anything figure I can think of and cloth her. Why is the shirt not working on this shape?

You need to add a smoothing modifier to the outfit.

Select it in Scene tab, then go to its menu and under 'Edit' -> Geometry (or something along those lines -- just closed my DS) you will find "apply smoothing modifier". You may also want to see if SubD would improve it, as old stuff tends to be mercilessly low-poly at times.

Collide the outfit against Genesis; suitable smoothing tends to be around 10 to 15, collision 5 to 10.

If even this fails and collisions make it painfully slow, then select Genesis, go to "Create" menu, and create new geometric shell which you parent to Genesis. Go to scene tab, click on Geometry shell, click on eye piccy to make it invisible, then don't forget to turn off shadows and visibility in renders in Parameters tab. And while you're there, put something like 0.2 to distance from Genesis.

Then collide the outfit against this geometry shell, which is conveniently off Genesis' body.

edited December 1969

I am not understanding how to find smoothing modifier in DS4.5. I am going to go to bed and try to figure it out in the morning.

I also gave Genesis a tail. I cannot figure out how to parent the tail to genesis so that it will always be attached to Genesis's butt. I think it is attached but then I change the pose of Genesis and the tail goes into a wrong position.

It gets so frustrating. my join date says I have been at Daz since 2004. It is 2012 now. That is about eight years. I feel like I should know more than I do about daz studio.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I am afraid I am loosing my hearing. It is hard to hear things at work but is that because my hearing is going away or they play that music in the backroom so darn loud.

I could hear my mum okay on the phone so maybe it was the music is too loud at work and is hard to hear over it. Why is there music being played in the backroom of the store? music is for the customers I thought. There are no customers in the backroom.

Next year the store I work at is going to be remodeled as in rebuilt and redone. The GM said that I will be working at a different store during that period so I do not have to worry.

It is probably the backroom music then, not your ears.

This discussion has been closed.