GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5! See why you should do it today!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials bundle after installing 4.5.0.114?

If so, if you installed it to the My Library folder, everything should be there. The new content installer contains .DUF versions of Genesis which only work in DS 4.5.0.114.

What OS are you using

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

HI JimmyC_2009,

Yep I installed the Genesis Starter Essentials after installing 4.5 Pro.

I have all of the new file formats and all of my old Genesis shapes etc, but the child/Kid shapes are not there along with a load of pose files etc.

Most odd I have a '!" against my Genesis Icon in the 'People' catagory, when I click it it comes up with cannot open file as the Genesis.dsf file does not exist, which is to be expected, but where is the Genesis .duf file.????

Genesis is in my scene when I start studio and I can apply morphs etc with no problems..so can't understand whats going on.

Sigh...most annoying.

I am running windows 64 Home premium, on an Intel 3930K 16gb ram..

Cheers,

S.K.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The exclamtion mark icon sounds like an Orphaned reference. You can usually right click on the icon, and select Remove Orphaned File Reference, or words to that effect. Could you try that?

Do you mean the Basic Cild morph, or something else? Mine is in the Paramters tab under Actor > Universal > Basic Child.

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Hi

The basic child morph...and I have found it..

Thank you JimmyC_2009 for your help, I haven't played around much with Genesis yet, and all of these multiple content entries and locations for things can be quite confusing..

I shall have a go at removing those orphaned file references.

Cheers,

S.K.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited September 2012

Is there a way to limit how much of the CPU Daz 4.5 is using? I'm finding that it is starting to eat up 100% of the cpu when I'm trying to spot render. It seems to be worse if the spot render has hair. This of course is if it starts rendering without completely crashing out. This is so annoying, I had not render problems with 4.0. Now all I get is render problems. I was lulled into believing whatever problem there was had gone because I managed to render a few things. If there is no way to stop Daz crashing when I render I might as well return everything I've bought in the last 30 days. No point buying stuff if you can't render.

I'm using the 32bit version of Daz.

Post edited by anikad on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Thanks David.

anikad - in Windows, start Task Manager (right-click on Task bar), go to the Services tab, find DS, right-click on it, choose Set affinity, and untick one or more cores. Though I doubt that CPU usage is the root of your issue - try laving task Manager open and see what happens to RAM use as you render.

• edited December 1969

DavidGB said:

Persoanlly I would recommend LibreOffice (3.6.1) over Apache OpenOffice (3.4.1) .... but either over an original OpenOffice.org (the last of those being a 3.2 por a 3.3 beta).

ThanX David!

http://www.libreoffice.org/

Ariana

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited September 2012

DavidGB said:

Persoanlly I would recommend LibreOffice (3.6.1) over Apache OpenOffice (3.4.1) .... but either over an original OpenOffice.org (the last of those being a 3.2 por a 3.3 beta).

ThanX David!

http://www.libreoffice.org/

Ariana

If you want to keep up to date with it, it's worth noting that the Libreoffice people have a strict, regular release schedule.

They do a bugfix-only release once a month. These are the third digit in the version number, as in 3.6.0, 3.6.1, 3.6.2 etc, where 3.6.1 was the September one, and 3.6.2 is due first week in October.

They do a main version release (new features, non-bugfix changes, ripping out old bloated code and methods and replacing with new etc) every six months, and that's the second digit in the version number, as in 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, where 3.6.0 was in August, and 3.7.0 is due next February. They usually run one or two final bugfix releases on the last version over the two months after the next main version comes out, in parallel with the first two bugfix versions of the latest main version..

Release plan on http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan.

Oh for DAZ DS development to be so organized and predictable ...

Post edited by DavidGB on
  • edited December 1969

Thank you for that Dave... ; )

Ariana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I am using OpenOffice too - there even is a portable version, :)

...still using Office2k. Not so much as a whimper. On the other hand, Office 2010 is really stupid. I have to deal with it at the day job and It totally hosed all my hotkeys and macros as well as being an absolute pain to navigate`with that stupid toolbar as opposed to the original menu bar..
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited September 2012

Thanks David.

anikad - in Windows, start Task Manager (right-click on Task bar), go to the Services tab, find DS, right-click on it, choose Set affinity, and untick one or more cores. Though I doubt that CPU usage is the root of your issue - try laving task Manager open and see what happens to RAM use as you render.

Thanks I've done that. This time it actually rendered before I got a bug report, which Daz would not allow me to save because it is no longer responding. Of course it didn't allow me to save the render and then decided it hadn't actually rendered and was showing 99% left. Daz used the entire core and memory usage topped out at 63% while rendering.

dazerror.JPG
    526 x 512 - 70K
    Post edited by anikad on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Is that 32 or 64 bit DS? I ask as the offset in the error box is only a little over 2GB.

• Pennes From HeavenPennes From Heaven Posts: 174
    edited December 1969

I have now officially stepped back to Daz 4 due to all the problems that I had been having with 4.5. Will try another time when things are a bit more stable. The crashes were bad enough but to open a saved file only to have all character morphs gone and even some of the poses gone. Got tired of having to reset all the morphs just to have my renders show up without the morphs. Lost quite a few projects and wasted my time with all the hassles. Hope the bugs get worked out sometime soon but can't keep working in 4.5 knowing that the saved files aren't backwards compatible, no way of rescuing them.

• edited December 1969

Someone tried to do animations with DS 4.5? I have a TERRIBLE problem with it! http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7589/

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

There is a new build of DAZ Studio 4.5, however it is a beta version. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7959/
    There were fixes to the Area lights, and how some of the animation data was saved. So you should give it a try and see if it helps solve your animation issues.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

What is a Scene Subset please?

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

What is a Scene Subset please?

Part of a scene. Like saving just one figure or just one prop out of a scene.

Something we've been waiting for in DS since the first 0.9 public betas.

edited December 1969

Oh Cool.

Thanks

• edited December 1969

There is a new build of DAZ Studio 4.5, however it is a beta version. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7959/
    There were fixes to the Area lights, and how some of the animation data was saved. So you should give it a try and see if it helps solve your animation issues.

Solved, thank you:)

edited December 1969

...what replaced 3A's morph follower? I keep getting tonnes of pokethrough with Steph4 figures in 4.5 that I am unable to correct.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited September 2012

If you add a Smoothing modifier to the clothing, hair or other accessories and play with the collision settings it should help a bit Kyoto!

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...what replaced 3A's morph follower? I keep getting tonnes of pokethrough with Steph4 figures in 4.5 that I am unable to correct.

Hi Kyoto Kid...

Transfer Active Morphs... replaced Morph Follower, you can find it in the menu on the Parameters pane.

Like RAMWolff said you can also use the Smoothing Modifier to help with minor poke-through, just adjust the iteration levels

Hope this helps... :)

edited September 2012

...so OK that actually worked much faster than the Morph Follower.

Still can't get the Tindra Map to load correctly even if I first switch to one of the basic V4 ones and save the figure,then reload the Tindra MAT.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Went out to the Tindra product page. It's for V4. Genesis uses the V4 UV's as it's own NATIVE UV's so. So the only thing I can think of is are you loading up the maps and switching it to the V5 UV's? My Bruno that I'm developing for Genesis uses the V4 UV's so all I did was load up the maps and they fit just fine. WORKS perfectly.

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited September 2012

ok I read everything I could find on the 4.5 and genisis subject, did all the suggestions and still getting an error message saying "Metadata for "Genisis" product does not contain web address information" and the genisis starter essentials pack isn't showing up at all...wth is that about??? some one please help?? this is making me feel like a newbie and ya'll know I hate that so please please please help! RICHARDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!...ANYONE!!!! please?

Post edited by magicweaver on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited December 1969

Pwtoon is still borked.
    I reset my download, uninstalled/reinstalled, and all I can get, no matter the settings or light setups, is a flat, solid color figure when rendering.

edited December 1969

Well I gave in.... uninstalled the older version fine, installed the newer version fine. Took forever to load up my Bruno work file but seems fine. Renders fine. Well, that's all I need it for for right now ... testing textures for Bruno....

edited September 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Went out to the Tindra product page. It's for V4. Genesis uses the V4 UV's as it's own NATIVE UV's so. So the only thing I can think of is are you loading up the maps and switching it to the V5 UV's? My Bruno that I'm developing for Genesis uses the V4 UV's so all I did was load up the maps and they fit just fine. WORKS perfectly.

...no, the Leela character I am working with is strictly the "original" Steph4 (Gen4 version). There is no Genesis/V5 involvement whatsoever. The Maps port over fine at first but when I save the character in 4.5 (making it s .duf), that is when they get screwed up.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

vrba79 said:
    Pwtoon is still borked.
    I reset my download, uninstalled/reinstalled, and all I can get, no matter the settings or light setups, is a flat, solid color figure when rendering.

Its working for me. Which version of PWtoon are you installing

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    RAMWolff said:

...no, the Leela character I am working with is strictly the "original" Steph4 (Gen4 version). There is no Genesis/V5 involvement whatsoever. The Maps port over fine at first but when I save the character in 4.5 (making it s .duf), that is when they get screwed up.

Have you made a bug report for this? Maybe one of the techie guys can look over the log file and see what's going on. Just seems odd to me since Steph 4 wears Vick 4's Maps so then Genesis default should wear them too. Odd. :coolhmm: