- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    OMG Ivy lol ! that's too much information LMAO!

:P
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Photo I took a few weeks ago. Didn't come out as nice as I wanted :(
    My eyes saw the godrays so much better than the camera did XD

IMG_1658_sm.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 1M
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited September 2012

Morning. Rose pink dawn reprising rows and rows of spring flowers nodding their finery in the early light like a bevy of debutants waiting for a dance :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

LOL.. I don't know... I was thinking of Rikku, too!!! ...but then I got to thinking of my Rogue character I played in Morrowwind...hmmm??? lol *hiya Misty!*

Hey Jaz how ya doin?

edited December 1969

I am tired. I think dinner will be in a couple minutes.

I just had breakfast :). Complaint: oh noes auto correct has kidnapped my KB

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Photo I took a few weeks ago. Didn't come out as nice as I wanted :(
    My eyes saw the godrays so much better than the camera did XD

If you squint you can see the godrays ^_^

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:
    Dig freebies from Gemologica thread. There's a bunch.

I'm good for shaders I was hoping to pick up some geometry, rings, earrings, discreet necklace, bangles and so on *sigh* I swear I'm gonna go blind modelling one day heh :)

in the Daz store, there's a couple cute pieces with Atadecer. the bracelet looks cute on M4, too.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/atardecer

and Liz comes with a couple pieces that looks nice on an older woman
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/liz-character-and-hair

Thanks. The store is a bit light on for bling hey. I appreciate free but the small stuff needs adjustment and movement morphs that I'm never going to kitbash myself *sigh* your wedding band are often used, and nano's captive beads but gold chains would be nice - and nice and fiddly to make. Perhaps I'll make some morphs for the ol' Poser Jesse stuff :)

edited September 2012

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:
    I'm good for shaders I was hoping to pick up some geometry, rings, earrings, discreet necklace, bangles and so on *sigh* I swear I'm gonna go blind modelling one day heh :)

Gemologica thread's freebie list is specifically objects -- Gemologica was the upcoming shader product. ;)

Thanks, do appreciate but was hoping to avoid kitbashing feebies to fit. Is it just me or has the Poserverse moved a little to the user-unfriendly side the past few years?

ETA oh dear end of Thread.spam()

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    LOL.. I don't know... I was thinking of Rikku, too!!! ...but then I got to thinking of my Rogue character I played in Morrowwind...hmmm??? lol *hiya Misty!*

Hey Jaz how ya doin?

I'm still breathing in and out..lol Good to see you! How are you?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Fell asleep, woke up after midnight, head still hurty. Sucks! But free stuff rocks.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Hey Jaz how ya doin?

Really good :) Only about 90 sleeps until my contract is up, it's been swell but needz a break from full time next year. Next year's gig is mostly lined up and while not relaxing won't be so time consuming, I missed the water this year. Apart from work been having fun and mostly enjoying myself. Is Spring here, heady with the scent of flowers around our place and the promise of warm weather and beach in the air :)

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    why was this thread spilled over?
    Does daz forums have a 100 page maximum and then it automatically creates a new spill over thread?

why is it we have not seen any explanation for why it happened into begin with?
    or is this just all a dream and so when i wake up it will be some different completely new thread?

School is starting to wear on me...me thinks

Daz forums are so confusing sometimes! :)

LOL... OK, I will try to answer.... the "Complaint Thread" has been around longer than me. I don't even know how it got started!! LOL But I can tell you that it is one of the "running threads", meaning that it continues on and on and on...

Because of this, when the thread hits 100 pages, one of the mods ( usually Richard, I think) will start it anew with a link to the previous one. We used to vote on the thread title just before it was due to end and then guess who would get the start page and stuff... don't know how things are evolving since the switch... I've found myself ...kinda trying to get aclimated to the new forum a bit like one does at the beach when the water is really cold...lol.... I'm up to mid-thigh now I think...lol

Complaint Thread history lesson:
    Once upon a time at DAZ there was a man named kmwill, who thought one possible response to the deluge of complaints flooding the Forums was to make a post (entitled The Complaint Thread) in which he complained about all of the complaining in a satirical fashion. A number of other people, including a few from his (now defunct) self-created Fan Club thread, found the post amusing, and started posting to the thread. It then morphed (much like the Fan Club had previously) into the sort of community blog and general discussion thread that it is today. Most of those original posters have since moved on for one reason or another. I think Richard and I are among the most senior posters left, though I don't remember exactly when Vilian wandered over from the Fan Club.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

You do not seem to post often since the new site came up. Your post count remains small.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Ivy said:
    Does daz forums have a 100 page maximum and then it automatically creates a new spill over thread?

or is this just all a dream and so when i wake up it will be some different completely new thread?

LOL... OK, I will try to answer.... the "Complaint Thread" has been around longer than me. I don't even know how it got started!! LOL But I can tell you that it is one of the "running threads", meaning that it continues on and on and on...

Because of this, when the thread hits 100 pages, one of the mods ( usually Richard, I think) will start it anew with a link to the previous one. We used to vote on the thread title just before it was due to end and then guess who would get the start page and stuff... don't know how things are evolving since the switch... I've found myself ...kinda trying to get aclimated to the new forum a bit like one does at the beach when the water is really cold...lol.... I'm up to mid-thigh now I think...lol

Once upon a time at DAZ there was a man named kmwill, who thought one possible response to the deluge of complaints flooding the Forums was to make a post (entitled The Complaint Thread) in which he complained about all of the complaining in a satirical fashion. A number of other people, including a few from his (now defunct) self-created Fan Club thread, found the post amusing, and started posting to the thread. It then morphed (much like the Fan Club had previously) into the sort of community blog and general discussion thread that it is today. Most of those original posters have since moved on for one reason or another. I think Richard and I are among the most senior posters left, though I don't remember exactly when Vilian wandered over from the Fan Club.
    thanks for the input :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

iz windy outside. SSE 25-35mph trees are waving. feels good though. would feel better with a beer

edited December 1969

.... =3

Out of the several photos I took of the Papo Spinosaurus, this would have been my favorite had it not been for the yellow tint, which I mostly got rid of XD

spino_photos_2.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 334K
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Usually don't venture into this territory, but just had to comment on the title creator's little gem...

Clever.

Clap... clap... clap... clap... clap... (Now, say it in your head in your best Stewie voice)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

UBER Complaint!! Spent all day Setting up Script files to make a Poser format set Kit work fast and easy in DS. Done that, build a fast and nice set using the said kit. Hit render I get BLAH!! Textures are fine but the set is Blah. Read the PDF one more time, the Bump maps are not SET even for Poser users, and of Course the Displacement maps do not even load in DS.

I will now have to go back and Load each part of the FULL set one peace at a time, Edit all the Bump settings, Load the Displacement maps and edit them one at a time. Then save DS mat files for each peace. What a PITA!!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

Hey Jaz how ya doin?

Really good :) Only about 90 sleeps until my contract is up, it's been swell but needz a break from full time next year. Next year's gig is mostly lined up and while not relaxing won't be so time consuming, I missed the water this year. Apart from work been having fun and mostly enjoying myself. Is Spring here, heady with the scent of flowers around our place and the promise of warm weather and beach in the air :)

So good to hear!! ....plus I am so very jealous cuz you are looking forward to spring and I only have winter to look forward to...lol Really glad to see you here, though! :)

You do not seem to post often since the new site came up. Your post count remains small.

yeah....but it's not totally the new forum's fault... my life this summer has been somewhat tragic...and I have no idea how things will turn out....but... *sigh* I do try to keep up! :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I will now have to go back and Load each part of the FULL set one peace at a time, Edit all the Bump settings, Load the Displacement maps and edit them one at a time. Then save DS mat files for each peace. What a PITA!!

I, too, have an uber-complaint!

Namely, I just spent an hour and half setting up MilCat with extra-ubersurface AND Furify displacements. This better to be worth it!

edited December 1969
    trex_stalking__1_by_sylxeriaguardian-d5fanc4.jpg
    1032 x 774 - 170K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    P.S. If you count posts per page it's easy to tell when a thread will roll over. Info for those not in the know.

...which by my estimate would have happened about 3:00 - 3:30 or so local time given the time between posts (time stamp of the actual "rollover post": 04:24).

I have to be up early in the morning, and as we all know,any good troll needs a good night's ugly sleep to be at one's surliest.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Non complaint: Im getting close to lighting and rendering my jungle render... Yey!

edited December 1969

I've been re texturing the arrows quiver back and the dagger sheeth... Elvish just didn't blend in with tribal guys! But, I dont know... Not sure wether I should re-do it again. What do you guys think? I think me need suggestions.

(PS. I will create a spec and bump mat, when I am happy with the diffuse texture)

Test_quiver_texture.png
    1500 x 1464 - 3M
    edited December 1969

This be the original elvish texture

Original_Elvish_quiver_texture.jpg
    1500 x 1464 - 1M
    edited December 1969

The dragon texture on it looks neat :)
    (Biased towards dragons I am XD )

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Ivy said:

Heyyyy...it's kinda cool to hear of the "Beginning" LOL Awww... now I wish I had known kmwill.... does he know what he started? lol Thanks for sharing!!

...and HOW ARE YOU!!??? Good to see you! :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    The dragon texture on it looks neat :)
    (Biased towards dragons I am XD )

Hi Rezca!! I'm glad you stayed with the thread!, I wanted to keep dragons on the title, but out of originality it wasn't possible to metion them... That said, I cant wait to see what thief dragons or kid dragons you come up with!! :cheese:

Thanks for the comment :) It just so happened I needed some fine details for the quiver, and the first thing I thought of was dragons lol... Though, I still feel the texture needs more work... Just not sure what to alter

edited December 1969
    Raptor_Chant_by_Culpeo_Fox.jpg
    800 x 590 - 199K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

Hey Jaz how ya doin?

So good to hear!! ....plus I am so very jealous cuz you are looking forward to spring and I only have winter to look forward to...lol Really glad to see you here, though! :)

yeah....but it's not totally the new forum's fault... my life this summer has been somewhat tragic...and I have no idea how things will turn out....but... *sigh* I do try to keep up! :)

I'll keep a good thought for you Jaz :)

This discussion has been closed.