Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

KA1 said:

I wish I had the patience to do this, I still find random content I forgot I had there because it's tucked away! The search doesn't do too badly and I generally am finding my way through the content tab a lot quicker than I used to, still custom categories would be a blast if I could sort it!

Well it wasn't so bad when I first started... But now I have a huge amount of content to go through so its literally taking a couple of weeks.  But, it will be beautiful and easy to use when its done.  I break things down for instance - People - Gen 2 Female - Clothing- Dresses - etc.  Or Buildings & Scenes - Medieval Fantasy - etc.  Then I cross reference say boots and shoes into another categorie so all the boots and shoes for Gen2F are in one spot to kit bash. I just have to glance at the category and can see all of the shoes and boots I have for G2F (the boots or shoes are also under say, outfits or dresses if they go with a particular item) Very fast once its done.  Its just the original that takes so long.  And upgrading wiped the whole thing....

Oh, wow, I would never have the patience for that, my strategy is to have a look at something I got new for a first impresstion, and every now and then when I don't know what to render I roam through my contetn and loo at things I did't get to use yet. Sometimes that results in an idea, most times not but the I have at least memorised where to find that, and what it is able to do. 

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited March 2016

KA1 said:

I wish I had the patience to do this, I still find random content I forgot I had there because it's tucked away! The search doesn't do too badly and I generally am finding my way through the content tab a lot quicker than I used to, still custom categories would be a blast if I could sort it!

Well it wasn't so bad when I first started... But now I have a huge amount of content to go through so its literally taking a couple of weeks.  But, it will be beautiful and easy to use when its done.  I break things down for instance - People - Gen 2 Female - Clothing- Dresses - etc.  Or Buildings & Scenes - Medieval Fantasy - etc.  Then I cross reference say boots and shoes into another categorie so all the boots and shoes for Gen2F are in one spot to kit bash. I just have to glance at the category and can see all of the shoes and boots I have for G2F (the boots or shoes are also under say, outfits or dresses if they go with a particular item) Very fast once its done.  Its just the original that takes so long.  And upgrading wiped the whole thing....

I keep telling myself I'm going to not put any freebies or 3rd party stuff into my Content Libraries without categorizing it.....and then promptly go ahead and do it anyway.  Sigh.

Post edited by TabascoJack on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

KA1 said:

I keep telling myself I'm going to not put any freebies or 3rd party stuff into my Content Libraries without categorizing it.....and then promptly go ahead and do it anyway.  Sigh.

Lol!  I just keep reminding myself that once its done, I will only have to add new stuff.  And once its done I won't have to spend two hours of my precious free time looking for the campfire I KNOW is in here somewhere.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited March 2016

KA1 said:

Lol!  I just keep reminding myself that once its done, I will only have to add new stuff.  And once its done I won't have to spend two hours of my precious free time looking for the campfire I KNOW is in here somewhere.

I for one find myself saying that all the time when I find neat freebies I want to download lolz, buttt Like Jack I end up doing it anyway cause I get downloading things and keep forgetting to put them where they should go right away, and end up with me searching and searching for one thing I want or need to use in a render!!

With that all said, Sonja amazing renders all of them.

Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I wish I were as organized as Sonja!  I keep thinking I'll sit down some weekend and categorize everything.  The best I've managed so far is to categorize a few things, if I remember, as I use them once I've located them on the hard drive.  I usually use the Content Library tab, not Smart Content.  At the rate I'm going, I might have everything organized by the time I'm 80.  Although, that is if I don't buy anything or download any more freebie between then and now!

You guys are so funny!  I use the content library almost exclusively (smart content only for the couple of freebies that are encrypted).  It does take some time to get it organized at first but once its set up its pretty easy to maintain.  I do try to add the new stuff to the custom categories right away though or it seems to disappear into thsi black abyss....

And thank you Sapphirewild for the compliment!

edited April 2016

Just a super fast quickie.  I was working on those darn categories and came across the my new Lady Darkness hair and a couple of other items.  Danae is a randomizer character with skin builder skin and make up.  I think I put this together in less than an hour. Really, really like the hair and the head band glows!  Super cool but keep in mind its for 3Delight and I haven't played with any Iray conversions yet.

Danae Via Serena At Night.jpg
    800 x 640 - 283K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited April 2016

So I redid the one above in Iray.  I had to take out the sky dome so I changed it up a little bit, took me most of the day to get it the point that I like it enough to keep it.  I didn't do anything with the textures, no conversions or anything else.  Finally got to use one of the (hundreds) of Jepe's special effects that I purchased although I didn't fiddle with any settings this go round as I was in and out of the house all day and making changes on the fly.

DanaeWith the Universe In Hand.jpg
    745 x 873 - 376K

I've picked up a lot of very cool things in the last couple of weeks that I am dying to try out.  STILL working on my custom categories.  I did finish the Daz side of things last night and will be starting on the poser library next. (lots of V4 & M4 stuff) but once that's done its just freebies.  I just can't make myself not finish organizing before I start diving into some of the new goodies.  I picked up the Iray Smart Converter and Skin Manager as well Mec4d's new shaders.  I also grabbed Aibell for G3F as well as the Blue Bell hair. Both of Stonemasons newest...and the Iray Worlds superpak and the snow expansion for the Worlbase XLT Also Khory's light set up which I've only had the chance to use a couple of times but really really like.  Really wanted the Fairy homes but will have to wait on those, my budget is just about done

Glad to know all of the organization frenzy is coming to end soon!  I'm just upgrading today as I finally hit another scene I set up that crashes in Iray so it is time to upgrade.  We'll see how it goes.  For the moment, I'm not connecting unless I can't use the stuff I've already downloaded.  I'm trying to keep it simple until I see how things go.  Luckily, the little bit of categorizing I've done won't be too hard to redo as I haven't actually managed to do all that much as yet.

Glad to know all of the organization frenzy is coming to end soon!  I'm just upgrading today as I finally hit another scene I set up that crashes in Iray so it is time to upgrade.  We'll see how it goes.  For the moment, I'm not connecting unless I can't use the stuff I've already downloaded.  I'm trying to keep it simple until I see how things go.  Luckily, the little bit of categorizing I've done won't be too hard to redo as I haven't actually managed to do all that much as yet.

You may not have to re do it.  If you are upgrading now you should get the version where the category bug is fixed so it should just carry over. I had the version before this one.

I don't use connect if I can help it either and have had no issues

Well, that's good to know.  It looks like my tendency to procrastinate pays off yet again!  wink

Lol yup!  There can be benefits to porcrastination. Sometimes problems just solve themselves

Aibell with Khory's Scintilating Light set

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Wow your chactors are amazing Sonja!!!

I can not wait till I can afford to get a morphing set!!!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220

Lol yup!  There can be benefits to porcrastination. Sometimes problems just solve themselves

That is a "worthy of a poster" type quote! 

Agreed!

Wow your chactors are amazing Sonja!!!

I can not wait till I can afford to get a morphing set!!!

Thank you Sapphire!

lol I am married to a major procrastinator and have a son who takes after his father to the nth degree (I have no idea how he managed to get all his homework done in college lol but he did).  This is a frequent idea at my house!

A bit of fun with Mei Lin 7.  I didn't think I would like her and picked up the bundle because of the outfits.  Surprisingly, i do like her.  Paired here with the Warrior Princess hair. I thought I would play for a bit with Ron's brushes as well.  Didn't really do them justice this time around,  migraines make it difficult to concentrate.  But for in between naps trying to get rid of it, I am happy.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    Another great render!! I'm still learning to use the Rons brushes effectively, I think your use went really well!!

Nice work with the brushes, really makes a good difference! If I had no money restrictions I would have bought Mei Lin, I think she's really worked neatly. And yes the Darkshade outfit is a ray of light in a mass of skimpwear.

Where did the daggers come from?

Thank you!  The daggers came with the outfit which was a nice bonus.

I really like what you did with the brushes in the second image.  It makes the image pop a little more.  Nice job even with a migrane.  I hope that has gotten better.  I don't get those, but I can sympathize as I sometimes get killer headaches and they aren't fun.  I hear migraines are 100 times worse. 

I love those sai.  I pretty much decided to skip Mei Lin right now so I barely glanced at the outfits.  This was the one outfit that I liked from the few brief looks I saw in passing.  I had no idea the sai came with the outfit.  I'll have to consider getting it soon.  I have two models here who have learned the sai katas so I would love to try and do some poses using them.  Unfortunately, it will have to wait until no longer new and on sale as it isn't even in MM anymore.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

I really like what you did with the brushes in the second image.  It makes the image pop a little more.  Nice job even with a migrane.  I hope that has gotten better.  I don't get those, but I can sympathize as I sometimes get killer headaches and they aren't fun.  I hear migraines are 100 times worse. 

I love those sai.  I pretty much decided to skip Mei Lin right now so I barely glanced at the outfits.  This was the one outfit that I liked from the few brief looks I saw in passing.  I had no idea the sai came with the outfit.  I'll have to consider getting it soon.  I have two models here who have learned the sai katas so I would love to try and do some poses using them.  Unfortunately, it will have to wait until no longer new and on sale as it isn't even in MM anymore.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Thank you.  A bit better today, its still hovering in the background.  Going to the chiro on Wed, that should help a great deal.   the Sai were a nice bonus, I didn't realize they were included either until I went to dress her lol. I bought the bundle because I really like all of the outfits that came with it.  didn't think I liked Mei Lin herself but have changed my mind.  My budget is toast at this point and I won't be buying much of anything else for some time to come.  Finishing up the categories mess hopefully today, then all that will be left is to load all of the freebies.  But that's something I can do gradually a bit at a time. With the studio stuff organized now I can at least find everything.  Just have to load all the bits from other places like Hive Wire and Renderosity.  But that's not a huge amount.  It really helped that Runtime DNA has moved all my stuff from there for me lol.

I love postwork so now that I am a bit more comfortable in Daz, I am hoping to add more postwork from here on out.  And Ron's brushes are fabulous.

edited April 2016

Now that the categorizing is finished I am going to go through and test out my library a bit at a time.  Been wanting to do a sci fi render for awhile and came across this Babylon Warrior.  Its a stand alone figure, no other figures needed.  I think this is a good starting point but I don't think its quite finished yet.  I spent the last three hours trying to get his suit to glow right and now its bedtime so I will have to work on it a bit more another day.  I think this may have been originally for 3delight as it kept saying it was glowing but ... it wasn't lol.   So I applied the Iray shaders but it was a bit of an exercise in frustration to get the colors and the intensity right.  I spent about an hour and half trying to get it to actually glow turquoise and not white.  In desperatioin I put every color box to the same color and then it turned .....yellow.  I was totally stumped until I went through each little slider and realized that the temperature needed to be in 5000 range for it to glow in a cooler color.  Its still not perfect and I need to work on the background and lighting a great deal more but over all a good start I think.

Jump Iray.jpg
    745 x 873 - 418K

I think this is a great start.  It will be interesting to see where you go with it.  Which figure is that because I don't recognize it.

I think this is a great start.  It will be interesting to see where you go with it.  Which figure is that because I don't recognize it.

Its called Babylon Warrior.  Its a standalone figure none of the other figures needed.  He comes with a decent amount of different colors but I believe he is intended for 3deligh as I had to convert the *glow* parts of his suit to iray it make them glow.  I am going to do him in 3delight and see what happens just for the fun of it lol.     http://www.daz3d.com/babylon-warrior

Nice work with the glowing sets, has some TRON feeling to it

Linwelly said:

Nice work with the glowing sets, has some TRON feeling to it

Thanks! Ya those glowy bitswere a major pain lol.  But interesting and I learned a lot while doing it so its all good.

Its called Babylon Warrior.  Its a standalone figure none of the other figures needed.  He comes with a decent amount of different colors but I believe he is intended for 3deligh as I had to convert the *glow* parts of his suit to iray it make them glow.  I am going to do him in 3delight and see what happens just for the fun of it lol.     http://www.daz3d.com/babylon-warrior

Thanks.  I just wishlisted him.  Maybe in a future sale I'll get him.  He looks interesting.  I can see some possibilites when I look at your image with him.

This discussion has been closed.