Hexagon serial number not working

lou618_2b45855fe7lou618_2b45855fe7 Posts: 65
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Don't know what the problem is, but I installed the latest version of this software and the serial number that's been given to me just will not work.

Comments

• edited September 2012

What do you mean by "the serial number that’s been given to me"?

Wasn't there one in the zip file?

Also, what operating system are you running?

And finally, what problem do you have? Are you getting an error message?

Post edited by emfederin_9bc0c524c8 on
  • lou618_2b45855fe7lou618_2b45855fe7 Posts: 65
    edited September 2012

What do you mean by "the serial number that’s been given to me"?

Wasn't there one in the zip file?

Also, what operating system are you running?

And finally, what problem do you have? Are you getting an error message?

The serial number was given to me when I downloaded the software. Its on my account. I have a Windows XP, and it keeps telling me the serial number is invalid.

Post edited by lou618_2b45855fe7 on
  • edited December 1969

The only way you would have a serial number in your account is from an old download, which would be an older version. That number is no longer valid on 2.5.1.79

Daz no longer sends hexagon serial numbers to your account

The serial number you want is inside the zip file you downloaded.

edited December 1969

The only way you would have a serial number in your account is from an old download, which would be an older version. That number is no longer valid on 2.5.1.79

Daz no longer sends hexagon serial numbers to your account

The serial number you want is inside the zip file you downloaded.

Well, now I realize I was trying to validate that serial number with an older version of Hexagon. I'll install version 2.5.1.79 and see if it works.

edited December 1969

Ok, it looks like its working now, thanks for the help.

• edited December 1969

theone20 said:
    Ok, it looks like its working now, thanks for the help.

Excellent! Glad you're up and running! :)

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,461
    edited December 1969

I only see an exe file for Hexagon in my account for the win version. How then can a new serial be inside the zip?

Please advise.

Regards,
    Brent

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Greybro said:
    I only see an exe file for Hexagon in my account for the win version. How then can a new serial be inside the zip?

Please advise.

Regards,
    Brent

Have you tried logging on to your account on the DAZ website? All of your serial numbers are listed there in the Serial Numbers section.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Greybro said:

Please advise.

Regards,
    Brent

Have you tried logging on to your account on the DAZ website? All of your serial numbers are listed there in the Serial Numbers section.

Some of the keys went awol, if you don't have a working one saved or if nothing when you should, then one has to contact CS to get a key.

If this is a re-installation, just run the .exe. The previously installed key may still be remembered by the OS and the program will work. Did on my W7.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Some of the keys went awol, if you don't have a working one saved or if nothing when you should, then one has to contact CS to get a key..

Yeah, that's what happened to me. The only S/N for Hex in my account listing was for a previous version, and I had to contact CS for a S/N.