rendering direct to viewport

I'm using DS4.8.0.55 and cannot find a setting in DS that would allow me to render direct to the viewport rather than to a new window. I accidentally did it a couple of times with a combination of keyboard keys, so I know it can be done, but I've been unable to do it again. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I believe that is only for OpenGL renders...

• Sorry, didn't work. I tried both "Basic OpenGL" and "Intermediate Open GL" with same results. The "Render Target: option in "Render Settings" continues to be either "New Window" or "Direct to File"..

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Spot render, by default will render to the viewport...so if you select everything visible when drawing out the spot render box, that will render to the viewport.

• Okie Dokie

• I gather that the option was removed as a render setting because it caused confusion and suppot issues. However it iss till there and can be accessed by a script, which in turn could be assigned to a keyboard shortcut, menu command, or toolbar button - Rob has posted a sample here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/rendering/render_to_viewport/start

• Most excellent. Thank you, Richard, you are indeed a wealth of useful information.

• I gather that the option was removed as a render setting because it caused confusion and suppot issues. However it iss till there and can be accessed by a script, which in turn could be assigned to a keyboard shortcut, menu command, or toolbar button - Rob has posted a sample here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/rendering/render_to_viewport/start

Richard, as usual, your advice was spot on. I installed the script in the DS formats section of my Contents pane it is then selectable and works perfectly. If I may, I'd like to assign the script as you suggest can be done; however, I cannot find in the documentation I have where the directions to do so are located. Can you please point me in that direction.

• Right-click on the script and select Create Custom Action, which will add it to the Scripts menu. From there go to Window>Workspace>Customise, find the script's entry on the left under Custom Actions, and open the toolbar or menu you want to add it to on the right, then drag-and-drop.

• Just that simple. Thank yo very much!  smiley

• ameets21ameets21 Posts: 0
    edited November 2019

Ok if you want to see render on view port
    for window user press Ctrl + 0 (zero)  and for mac user camand + 0 (zero)

you can toggle between Ctrl + 0 or Ctrl + 9
    Ctrl + 9 is your default view in viewport.
    there are many if you try ctrl + 1 to 9

Post edited by Chohole on