Poser 11 Library Not Working, Showing Up Or Whatever

Ambar_logonAmbar_logon Posts: 5
edited March 2016 in Poser Discussion

Okay, so got Poser 11 installed onto my secondary drive (Primary is a SSD, dont want waste space) but I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with the library. It just dosen't work. When I click the icon (Books on a shelf I guess is meant to indicate a library?) what happens is a white box will appear. Can't do anything with it or to it. When I undock it, it looks a tad like a seach box atop an empty white box, with a grey box with an 'close tab' X icon. I can drag it around, open it, close it, but thats all. It does NOTHING else.

This is a brand new PC, I've installed all the latest Flash apps, Adobe Air because someone said that could fix it (it didn't obviously) and reinstalled Poser, IE11 and the Flash apps multiple times. Nothing's changing. I've gone through the contents of several help forums about 'Missing Library' and 'Library not working' but none of them have provided a solution. I admit I've getting very VERY angry with things right now.

Attached a screen to show exactly what it looks like. Someone please tell me how to solve this damn issue.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to poser Discussion.

Do you have the Poser SR(s) applied?

• Ambar_logonAmbar_logon Posts: 5
    edited March 2016

Yeah.

Edit-

Okay, so when installed on a rig connected to the internet, it seem's to work and access the library slowly. However that isn't suitable to me, I don't have all my rig's connected to the web, and the one Poser is on is a non-net rig. What's the deal? How do I make it work without a net connection? If the software requires a net connection to use this should have been made known before I got it.

Post edited by Ambar_logon on
  • AnryAnry Posts: 3
    edited March 2016
    Use more flexible "external library" feature:
    open C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS LOGIN]\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\11 folder;
    open poser.ini file in notepad, change line "LIBRARY_EXTERNAL_CLIENT 0" to "LIBRARY_EXTERNAL_CLIENT 1", save and close the file;
    launch Poser, in the library tab you will see something like "Release URL = http://127.0.0.1:11530/nonVirtualAssets/ContentLibrary/release-1.9.1/ContentLibrary/ContentLibrary.html";
    copy the URL, open your favorite browser, paste the URL, press [ENTER]
    Post edited by Anry on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited March 2016

Is Abode Air updated cause thats what runs it

Edit: NM guess I shoulda read better lol

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Anry said:
    open poser.ini file in notepad, change line "LIBRARY_EXTERNAL_CLIENT 0" to "LIBRARY_EXTERNAL_CLIENT 1", save and close the file;
    launch Poser, in the library tab you will see something like "Release URL = http://127.0.0.1:11530/nonVirtualAssets/ContentLibrary/release-1.9.1/ContentLibrary/ContentLibrary.html";

Anry you have my sincerest thanks. You managed to solve two issues for me with this. Not only does that bypass the need for an internet connection, it also run's everything SO much faster when it comes to adding and changing things in poser, which I had made a second thread about. so thanks so much.

Why did you decide to install tech app on the secondary drive instead of the main. You can install it to the main and put your libraries on the secondary drive. It could be causing a conflict cause its not on a main drive.

• frank0314 said:

Why did you decide to install tech app on the secondary drive instead of the main. You can install it to the main and put your libraries on the secondary drive. It could be causing a conflict cause its not on a main drive.

Because when I installed it to the main SSD drive, it automatically wanted to install everything associated to it to that drive too, even when I selected 'Other Location' for runtime files etc. I got fed up changing C to Z every time I installed a Poser related app that when I reinstalled it, I selected Z as the main drive and it automatically adds new content or whatever to the right drive without me having to tweak one letter.

Did you try moving the library files to the secondary drive? Do you install your content with DIM?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited March 2016

I had similar trouble with Poser 10 and I worked around it by going into General Preferences and for Launch Behavior selected 'External' - 'Foreground Poser on item load'. Even so because it's using essentially as a file browser, an html browser it is sort of slow but not extremely slow. It's way faster than the 'mass media' news and entertainment web sites I visit. I have File Search set to 'Deep'.

However that problem was on Windows 8.1, it went away when I installed on Windows 10.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    frank0314 said:

Because when I installed it to the main SSD drive, it automatically wanted to install everything associated to it to that drive too, even when I selected 'Other Location' for runtime files etc. I got fed up changing C to Z every time I installed a Poser related app that when I reinstalled it, I selected Z as the main drive and it automatically adds new content or whatever to the right drive without me having to tweak one letter.

Which installation option did you chose?  The default location for its content is your shared documents directory.  It shoudn't be trying to put it in the program install location.  However, the Other Location option has always worked for me, as I keep my content on my D: drive......

• Actually, you're forgetting another issue - Firewalls. If you have the loopback (127.0.0.1) blocked for some reason, you'll get that same message.

• I also have a PC with a tiny C:/ ssd drive and a small D:/ data hard drive. I have to install programs on D: and have an external huge hard drive to store all my content. I couldn't afford as much HD on this machine because I hungered for the Quatro graphics card! Now, in Vue, instead of taking 2 days to render, it takes only a few minutes. Ah, the sacrifices we have to make, sometimes!! Besides all my 3D files, I literally have hundreds of thousands of photographs on that external drive. It's 5 TB and is about 3/4 full!!

• I've got the update and made sure permissions were cleared for Poser and I still get that damned failure to open library have tried all the hints and tips on the page including the change to the Library external settings in the Poser ini and still get a blank with that failure notification and  a note in the upper right stating Communication failure with server???

I'm thinking I've wasted a shed load of cash on Poser that doesn't work.

Any hints as to how to get my library or any library to load in this fudge of an update?

I've got the update and made sure permissions were cleared for Poser and I still get that damned failure to open library have tried all the hints and tips on the page including the change to the Library external settings in the Poser ini and still get a blank with that failure notification and  a note in the upper right stating Communication failure with server???

I'm thinking I've wasted a shed load of cash on Poser that doesn't work.

Any hints as to how to get my library or any library to load in this fudge of an update?

Just use the

1) File Menu - General Preferences / Tab - Interface / Section - Lauch Behavior (Launch to factory state) / OK

2) Exit Poser - Start Poser

3) File Menu - General Preferences / Tab - Interface / Section - Launch Behavior (Launch to previous state) / Tab  - Library / Section - Launch Behavior - External (Foreground Poser on item load) / OK

4) Exit Poser - Start Poser

And if you still have a problem go uninstall Adobe Air & then go directly to the Adobe website & download & install the latest Adobe Air directly from Adobe. I guess eventually Smith Micro need to replace Adobe Air with another UI for a URL browser for Poser's content library management.

• Hmmm,

don't seem to have anything that points to an external browser or an indication that it even exists in my Preferences???

• mised the attachment there!

Tab_Library.PNG
    456 x 395 - 19K
  • Uninstalled Adobe Air and downloaded from Adobe and reinstalled. Restarted computer and still no Library.

Still got this notification in the golden tab symbol on top right though?

Message Log.PNG
    617 x 172 - 24K
  • Hmmm,

don't seem to have anything that points to an external browser or an indication that it even exists in my Preferences???

Sorry that should have read Launch Behaviour External

edited December 2017

mised the attachment there!

OK, they have changed it already then. I am buying the latest version of Poser Pro 11 tomorrow so maybe I'll have the same bug & can help more. With Poser 10 I have now what I said works for you please try to click Section - Indexing (refresh on launch).

I will check this thread tomorrow again after I install Poser Pro 11.

Also, make sure your Poser Library content path defined in your preferences is pointing to the right place. I have accidently installed one to level deep before.

Sorry

edited December 2017

OK, so I bought Poser Pro 11 and the library & indexing scheme has been updated not to use Adobe Air (yeah!) and if much faster now. 

I can't find where to undock the library though at the botton of the library are three ellipses (...) that you can configure how the library is listed, eg I chose to show a breadcrumb trail.

Also to add a library at the top of the library listings is a bookshelf with a + and to delete a library is a bookshelf with a - ::: note that is only to add or remove directories to your library that already contain content it does not add content or delete content from from your storage though.

You can hid / show the listbrary listings by at the very top right below the X to close poser is a set of books that click on to alternate between hide & show library (that is not the adding or deleting though) as some of the morph dial, carmera, and other paremeters dials can be a very long list.

Over all Poser Pro 11 UI is much faster than Poser Pro 2014!

• I receive the following error: "Failed to load URL http://127.0.0.1:11530/nonVirtualAssets/ContentLibrary/release-1.9.1/ContentLibrary/ContentLibrary.html with error (-138)."

I use Windows 10 as my system. How can I fix this problem?

• LennyElfLennyElf Posts: 23
    Anry said:

Can I do that with Poser Pro 2014 in a MAC? My library takes sooooo much time to load...