stitching lines

texjonestexjones Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I need to know HOW do I get rid of those (green) lines you see on the figure when it's rendered. They appear around the thighs, in the face (separating the face from the back of the head) and down the back. Is this what happens when take part of one figure and mix it with another?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...can you post an example?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Is this what happens when take part of one figure and mix it with another?

Probably, if you don't have the correct UV Map for the skin you are using?

• texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

IF this worked, This is the Brock figure. you see the line going up his back and up the head, and around his thighs. I took the glossiness down to about half-way and set the lighting model at Skin.

Borck_back_view.jpg
    550 x 412 - 41K
    Post edited by texjones on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

They look like texture seams, so the question is what is your shading rate at in the render settings ?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

YEP, looks like you will need to set Shading Rate to .5 or lower. That normally works Most Elite textures require it.

• texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, I tried the Progressive shading, that took the lines out, and then set the SHading all the way down to .010 that worked better. I went after a more natural look than the plastic glossy doll. When rendering the animation with the lower settings it takes a LONG time, but worth the results. THanks

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

texjones said:
    IF this worked, This is the Brock figure. you see the line going up his back and up the head, and around his thighs. I took the glossiness down to about half-way and set the lighting model at Skin.
    Have you changed the uv in the surface tab to M4?