It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Where are we to go now that Barry wants the thread to Die? I have a very strong feeling he will not be back as a regular user anymore. That's sad as all heck to me, but Barry has a right to do as he see's fit.

Jaderail Sunder Co-Founder of the BBSFFC.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

As Arnie said on many occasions... I'll be back!

Going to start a new thread tomorrow, with the aim of making it fun and informative. We'll see how it goes.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ooh that's good news. What would the BBSFFC do without BBS.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Everybody's welcome at Where is BBS? Chohole, can we just merge the two threads?

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

As Arnie said on many occasions... I'll be back!

Going to start a new thread tomorrow, with the aim of making it fun and informative. We'll see how it goes.

My brain's on vacation. I thought you meant Arnie Palmer, the golfer. Finally dawned you meant Swartzneiger or however he spells it.

New thread, fun, informative...sounds great.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

That's the BLUMBLUMSHUB I know. I'll be waiting.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I just fell out of bed. Since I weigh so much I was more worried about the floor than my head, but that head did take quite a wallop, it's got pretty red patches on it now, and everything hurts. Even more than everything usually hurts. We have a weird four-poster and the frame of that broke while I was leaning on it to get my phone off the floor. It's been going for some time, so it's not like I just broke it while it was in peak condition or anything.

Might go back to bed, and worry about 3D later! I do have plans though.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited June 2012

Meh, I don't mind whose FFC we're in as long as we get to hang out and talk 3D.

They seem to have sorted out the sorting (haha) too. Woohoo. :cheese:

Edit: Damn, only partially. New topics go on the first page now but new posts still don't bump topics to first page.

Post edited by Harry Dresden on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Well the sorting isn't perfect but it one step closer to the old way.

edited December 1969

It's the end of the world and I can't find Barry. Just wish him well. And all of you folks also.

edited December 1969

It's been about 24 hours since anyone heard from him. I really miss Barry, but I wish him well in whatever he's doing. Maybe he has a concussion from falling out of bed. Maybe he was the target at darts last night. Dunno.

edited December 1969

I hope he is well and not hurt from the bed thing. I miss Harry also, he and I think the same twisted way, but our worlds are half a world a part. Hard to catch him live when we dont cross time zones often. ChoHole is great but she has so much to watch over we hardly get to play, Wendy is the girl, she has some great stuff that makes me think or laugh, and Anne Is my light in the forums. I find Anne in more and more threads. I miss Andy and Jacob too, they have pretty much shutup and never play any more.

I miss the old forums SO much. All my friends came out to play back then. :down:

edited December 1969

I see Andy and Harry hopping in various forums and threads, helping where they can. Or trying to stir up trouble. I PM'd Jacob but haven't heard a peep out of him. Chohole is wading in the alligators with her club in hand. Jaderail is really getting around the forums. He's ready to roll with his comic, but his texturizer has run out on him. Wendy is out-creating all of us. She's like Santa Claus--everywhere, everywhere. With DAZ down, people went back into their shells and haven't decided if it's safe to come out yet.

I didn't get my nap today, it's almost midnight here, so I'm going to bed.

me_cicis.jpg
    100 x 100 - 4K
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Hey I miss you too Jeff. In a manly sort of way of course. :lol:

It was dead over the weekend but I'll always peek in and reply to posts here whether Barry is around or not. You guys are my friends too.

I was bored today at work so I went shopping and bought the new series iPad. It's more a toy than anything else but I was looking to get a Kindle anyway as reading on the PC in winter just ain't fun and I've moved from real books to eBooks long ago. Now I can lie in bed with the electric blanky on and read or browse the forum or...uhm...well whatever else this thing can do. :lol:

I'm thinking of joining the platinum club but I'm not sure if now is a good time to do so with the store being what it is. Shall I wait?

Don't be strangers you hear? I like my friends. All of you. :cheese:

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

yeah, I'm popping in on my on droid, does more than iPad or maybe my friends with iPad just cannot do much.
    you can get treesketch though that I can't, saves to obj and Autodesk 123D Catch that makes obj's from multiple photos, both free
    also Apple have Garageband which everyone raves about.

edited December 1969

Iam still all around, trouble is it is mostly too much all around, and not enough talking to my friends. :roll:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

We've been to busy to talk to friends. I've been able to catch a couple hours at night but that's about it.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Dang, missed my PC renewal.

edited December 1969

Oh hey, Jacob has surfaced. Where you been hiding?

edited December 1969

I wanna cry
    my Carrara is awry
    ran a hair sim
    and it just died
    AND I DID NOT SAVE THE DAMNED PROJECT!!!!!

Untitled.jpg
    800 x 440 - 86K
    edited December 1969

and it just flicked to THIS on its own!!!!!!

Untitled.jpg
    800 x 442 - 83K
    edited December 1969

she saved though and I reopened and she is ok
    got her head!!!

Untitled.jpg
    800 x 440 - 83K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

And I was going to say your figure was bust.

edited December 1969

she might as well be!
    what crashed it was mirroring and repeating keyframes and it seems to do it in the reopened file too!
    she is an FBX import from another 3D program I was going to render with fur/cashmere sweater and hair in Carrara.
    did it with another earlier no issues, a horse with fur, tail and mane.
    I am actually beta testing an export pipeline from another program.

edited December 1969

So good to see everyone again. I wish I had something to post about.

edited December 1969

Well you could post just any old nonsense, like some people seem to do. THere is even one forum member who is sneaking up on Richards and my post count total, just by talking mostly nonsense.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

Yeah, and Ann would thump us if we were mean to Frank.

edited December 1969

@Jacob Good to see you around again. Your PC may not be lost. They're having a lot of problems with renewals.

@Wendy Glad you got her back with her head.

@Chohole and Frank I know y'all are busier than a one-armed paper hanger. We do appreciate it when you are able to pop in with a few lines. You know you can't leave us unwatched for long because we're bound to get into trouble.

:lol:

edited December 1969

I assume you mean wallpaperer minus one limb not a toilet roll holder!

edited December 1969

Wendy, one again it shows that some terms and expressions just don't travel. Obviously that one hasn't made the "urban dictionary" in your part of the world.

This discussion has been closed.