Once again price changes midstream

Well, once agan DAZ has seen fit to change the final price. This time with the Genesis sale. Genesis sale items that were in my cart (along with the DMB) suddenly went from about $2.50 to over $7.00 I suppose this is another "error" correction; but it is very frustrating and seems to keep happening. Once again I'm cancelling my planned purchase.

Comments

• This sale was canceled and we (Daz) waited about 20 minutes after we took down the ad to turn off the discounts. Please contact customer service to have the offer honored. They are aware of the change and happy to assist.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,194
    edited March 2016

Overtaken by Thai's post.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500

Any reason why it was cancelled? There didn't seem to be any stacking bugs, nor were the prices particularly outrageous.

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,148

Yeah, I had a few items I wanted in my cart when it changed to a Daz Originals only sale halfway through. Now gone entirely... Yeesh. Sadly didn't screenshot so I can't remember exactly what the price in cart was for the items I wanted so not much point to a ticket I guess.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500

I'm not so much miffed as I am amazed at how there were *two* sales in recent memory where the sale prices/items had issues.

I would have liked the couple non-DO items that changed price suddenly when they did the first correction, but I did manage to get a couple DO items I'd wanted before the sale was completely shut off

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I came to the computer too late to see this sale, but I've noticed the additional discounts for MM items (50% for 2+, additional 10% for the DMB...) are missing from several of the "Mad Artists Catalogs" as well as the "Tuesday Featured Even More Madness Items." PA's stores I've tested that are missing the stacking discounts are: SWAM, Lilflame, Sveva, Arki, Shox-Design, Freja and 3anson. I tested several more PA's stores, but it appears those added to the list before today are working as expected.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

Yeah, I had a few items I wanted in my cart when it changed to a Daz Originals only sale halfway through. Now gone entirely... Yeesh. Sadly didn't screenshot so I can't remember exactly what the price in cart was for the items I wanted so not much point to a ticket I guess.

I didn't  either but I still had the cart intact and sent them a screen shot of rhe same cart with the higher prices. Don't know if they can recalculate.; but at least they will be aware that I am not happy with these changes.

yeah, I know my cart went crazy a couple times as the sale was changed... Was getting just the stack discount on the items without the base 40%, other items just had the base and no stack.  Hoping I can get the items I wanted at the discount I saw, but I'm doubtful since it was rather too good and the sale only had non-DO items very briefly.

yeah, I know my cart went crazy a couple times as the sale was changed... Was getting just the stack discount on the items without the base 40%, other items just had the base and no stack.  Hoping I can get the items I wanted at the discount I saw, but I'm doubtful since it was rather too good and the sale only had non-DO items very briefly.

Well I hope the stacking discounts get sorted soon. I have a couple of older things in my cart, along with the DMB, and planned on using my PC+ pa coupon. I would have placed the order last night, (DAZ midnight is 11pm here,) but I wanted to see if there was anything special today like the Genesis 3 Flash Sale before checking out... lol... and then I missed it!

• mtl1 said:

Any reason why it was cancelled? There didn't seem to be any stacking bugs, nor were the prices particularly outrageous.

We are sprinkling in some short term flash sales here and there.  They are intentionally short (although we do keep the sale live for about 20-30 mintues after pulling the banners leading to it in order to make sure people have a chance to check out.  But, as there appears to be a fair amount of interest, I'll turn this one back on for a few more hours.  Act fast ;)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    DAZ_Steve said:
    mtl1 said:

We are sprinkling in some short term flash sales here and there.  They are intentionally short (although we do keep the sale live for about 20-30 mintues after pulling the banners leading to it in order to make sure people have a chance to check out.  But, as there appears to be a fair amount of interest, I'll turn this one back on for a few more hours.  Act fast ;)

It wouldn't be March Madness without a little bit of craziness...now would it?

• DAZ_Steve said:
    mtl1 said:

still working on it.  Please pardon my dust :)

DAZ_Steve said:
    mtl1 said:

Thanks Steve:

Maybe there is some discrpency in nomenclature. I remember a DAZ person stating some weeks ago that flash sales usually last until midnght of the day they were starte. 'Blink' sales are usually the ones of short duration.

Some indication of the length or end  of the sale would be extremely helpful and  could alleviate a lot of complaints.

Charlie

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

It was on again, then off again. I was so shocked that not only did I strain my neck, my sudden movement startled a flock of birds into a crazed flight wherein they struck a passenger jet full of top business executives which crashed into the nuclear power station on the coast. The whole of East Anglia is now being evacuated.

You really owe us, DAZ_Steve.

OMG, it's on again. The stress!

• Still working on it :)

• DAZ_Steve said:
    mtl1 said:

Thanks Steve:

Maybe there is some discrpency in nomenclature. I remember a DAZ person stating some weeks ago that flash sales usually last until midnght of the day they were starte. 'Blink' sales are usually the ones of short duration.

Some indication of the length or end  of the sale would be extremely helpful and  could alleviate a lot of complaints.

Charlie

Typically a flash sale if 4 hours or so.  Blink is 2.  We often run them longer but seldom run them shorter.

edited March 2016
    DAZ_Steve said:
    DAZ_Steve said:
    mtl1 said:

still working on it.  Please pardon my dust :)

And once again, something I'm wanting isn't in there even though it looks like it should be... Genesis Evolution: Expressions.

Any chance it could be in before the sale ends?

Post edited by TesseractSpace on
  • Okay, so in a few minutes you should see this sale go live again, along with another, even better one as well (with a banner announcing it)

I'll leave them both until end of day.

• It was on again, then off again. I was so shocked that not only did I strain my neck, my sudden movement startled a flock of birds into a crazed flight wherein they struck a passenger jet full of top business executives which crashed into the nuclear power station on the coast. The whole of East Anglia is now being evacuated.

LOL.  Apologies.  I took it on and off a few times testing something.  Should be live (along with another one) ina  few minutes.

Don't know if it's part of these behind the scenes activities, but the "We're All Mad in Here" part of MM seems to be malfunctioning. Or maybe I am...

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

Hmm...not seeing the new sales on the top banner yet....

... I think I'll wait till at the banner is up and the In Here We're All Mad stuff is corrected before trying to put anything in my cart. 

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    DAZ_Steve said:

It was on again, then off again. I was so shocked that not only did I strain my neck, my sudden movement startled a flock of birds into a crazed flight wherein they struck a passenger jet full of top business executives which crashed into the nuclear power station on the coast. The whole of East Anglia is now being evacuated.

LOL.  Apologies.  I took it on and off a few times testing something.  Should be live (along with another one) ina  few minutes.

Is this sale on or off..I don't see a link to it, just the regular sales that have been on..no banner as mentioned???

... I think I'll wait till ... the In Here We're All Mad stuff is corrected before trying to put anything in my cart. 

It's a new angle. People will put the items in their cart at the higher price and then when they come to check out - bam! Hit by lower prices. It's just heartless.

Don't know if it's part of these behind the scenes activities, but the "We're All Mad in Here" part of MM seems to be malfunctioning. Or maybe I am...

I think it is the sale and not you that is malfunctioning. I don't see any discount on a lot of the items, even in my cart

Yeah, even the related mad is missing discounts now... and still no Genesis Evolution Expressions in the sale. sigh...

DAZ_Steve said:
    mtl1 said:

L'Adair said:

... additional discounts for MM items (50% for 2+, additional 10% for the DMB...) are missing from several of the "Mad Artists Catalogs" as well as the "Tuesday Featured Even More Madness Items." PA's stores I've tested that are missing the stacking discounts are: SWAM, Lilflame, Sveva, Arki, Shox-Design, Freja and 3anson.

Thank you for putting the Flash Sale back up, DAZ_Steve. However, the PA stores that weren't stacking have lost their discounts altogether. Same with the "Tuesday Featured Even More Madness Items." Only discounts showing besides the New Release discounts, (which are working correctly,) are items where the PA collaborated with one of the PAs whose catalog is showing the discounts correctly.

Any ETA on those getting fixed?

Just tried a combo with the new sale terms and the reduction didn't work.

Are cluster munitions still legal? ;-D