Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• WakakanadaWakakanada Posts: 207
    edited September 2012

I haven't been buying much this PA sale as saving my money for a possible PC renewal if the PC sale renewal offer is a mindblower later this month [like it was last year], but I had to pick up Asobi as I have loved it since it was released, but since I couldn't afford Hitomi, I wasn't sure if it would work okay without it, but no fears, it is a beautiful addition to my runtime. Too bad the new site lists things as required products when they aren't, otherwise I would have bought this when it was first released.

ToonDiner1.png
    949 x 924 - 1M
    Post edited by Wakakanada on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited December 1969

Is this an error, or is this item actually 95% off?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/poke-away

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

No error ... Nice of xenic101!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited September 2012

For people looking for lighting solutions Inane's new set is awesome. I just love the individual lights and especially the gel lights.
    A couple of quick renders using the Gel lights.

IGgel-.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 188K
    IG-1.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 456K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    No error ... Nice of xenic101!

It is indeed. Thanks... :)

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

For people looking for lighting solutions Inane's new set is awesome. I just love the individual lights and especially the gel lights.

Is that in Daz Studio 4.5?

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

No its in 4, at the present moment Area Lights are broken in DS4.5, but a new release fixing that is suppose to be very close. Its the main reason I haven't upgraded.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

No its in 4, at the present moment Area Lights are broken in DS4.5, but a new release fixing that is suppose to be very close. Its the main reason I haven't upgraded.
    That was my concern, yeah... I'll probably pick up IGPS3 anyway at this discount, in anticipation of a fix coming down the pipe, but not install it for now. IGPS2 is my go-to indoor lighting configuration, and it'd be nice to branch out.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

These really are worth it, the individual and gel lights are incredible useful.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited December 1969

Every age has it's beauty.....

Portraits are not my usual work, but had to try this one out, not that many great elderly characters 'out there'

Agnes for V4 by Phoenix1966
    Marja Hair by 3Dream & Mairy

Rendered in DS4.5

Agnes_WiP.jpg
    1012 x 1512 - 385K
  • Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 398
    edited December 1969

I can't figure out why it's cheaper to buy Elven Arcana in a bundle with two versions of the same outfit for two different characters, one of which I won't ever use, than it is to buy the Genesis one and the texture expansion. If you only use V4 you won't want the Genesis one, and if you use Genesis then you'll either convert the V4 one, or just use the Genesis one. The textures look lovely, but I don't want or need the extra geometries...

• InaneGloryInaneGlory Posts: 294
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

That was my concern, yeah... I'll probably pick up IGPS3 anyway at this discount, in anticipation of a fix coming down the pipe, but not install it for now. IGPS2 is my go-to indoor lighting configuration, and it'd be nice to branch out.

-- Morgan

There should be a new 4.5 beta with the fixed area light shader in it available later this week and a new fixed full release version early next month.

edited December 1969

Beautiful renders Scorpio!

PP_Promo_-_Chandra03_CU2.jpg
    650 x 650 - 192K
    PopUp08a_-_Promo02a_CU.jpg
    650 x 650 - 166K
    PopUp06f_-_Caustic06.jpg
    650 x 650 - 136K
    PopUp01_-_Aikobot2a_CU.jpg
    650 x 650 - 162K
    PopUp05z_-_Promo04.jpg
    650 x 650 - 181K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited September 2012

Kachi and RamWolf

yes there is no need to buy texture set :coolcheese:

because,, if you buy the bundle for v4 and genesis, you get both of textre.
    and it is more cheap.. who think so ?

I first picked clothing for genesis, and texture set, (usually I do not think so much)
    but,, I feel strange, so check again,,

the way of mix bundle products with unique daz rule often me confused.
    and thinking the means of daz rule, my emotion to buy the products shrinking.

after all I just buy, elf clothing for genesis only.

why DAZ like mix up ? if daz sell the texture for each figure,
    I think many user just buy new texture for their like figure clothings.

v4 user and who get clothing already may just buy texture for genesis clothing,
    and genesis user buy clothing and buy texture for V4 too.

it cause many guys happy. I think.
    ==============================

I say thank much philip mode good clothing sets,,
    he made good guide about his products,,,
    and discribe tips how to arrange how user want,, about material, about many shape too,,)

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Startled

This uses the skin from the new Summer Character & Hair, the new Ancient Prophecies environment prop and the new Marja Hair.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

I've promised myself to stop buying anything this month... Then the Dystopian Worker Drones came up...

My first render using a drone, well, not using it as a worker drone more like a *hm* guardian ;)

2012-09-16_No_Humans_Allowed_small.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 892K
    edited December 1969

Hi InaneGlory,

I bought your set of 2 and 3, (it seems awesome sets for me)

then I want to clear discribe,,

if your photo studio 2 or photo studio 3, some files or light can not use in ds 4.5?

I read the products guide, but there seems no notification ,about compatibility ds 4.5

photo studio 3 is for ds3 and ds 4, then it say you can use photo studio 3 ,with 2 or 1.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    Every age has it's beauty.....

Very nice, Phoenix1966 needs to get this from you for his main promo image ;)

edited December 1969

Hi InaneGlory,

I bought your set of 2 and 3, (it seems awesome sets for me)

then I want to clear discribe,,

if your photo studio 2 or photo studio 3, some files or light can not use in ds 4.5?

I read the products guide, but there seems no notification ,about compatibility ds 4.5

photo studio 3 is for ds3 and ds 4, then it say you can use photo studio 3 ,with 2 or 1.

All the lights in all three Photo Studios use the Area Light Shader. In the latest version of 4.5 the Area Light Shader is broken but Daz has promised me a fixed version of 4,5 is going to be on the way in the next couple of days.

PS3 was a work in progress before 4.5 existed and the user guide was finished before the break in the Area Light was found. As it's a temporary problem I didn't add a notification to the guide

PS3 was built in DS3 & DS4.1 so it would be completely compatible with PS1 & 2. DS3 & DS4 save figures that use geometry switching differently so there had to be different versions. Both versions actually work in DS4, it's just that the default lights aren't as they should be (all of the lights default to Broad Lights instead of being a mix of different lights).

Compatibility. The features list is supposed to say this (but it seems to have fallen off the end):

Fully compatible with Photo Studio and Photo Studio 2 light and presets

All poses and presets for set X1 will work with the light sets from Photo Studio 1

All poses and presets from Photo Studio 1 will work on set X1

All poses and presets for set X2 will work with the Twin Key light sets from Photo Studio 2

All poses and presets from the Twin Key light sets from Photo Studio 2 will work on set X2

All poses and presets for set X3 will work with the Twin Fill light sets from Photo Studio 2

All poses and presets from the Twin Fill light sets from Photo Studio 2 will work on set X3

All of the textures from each of the 3 Photo studio sets will work on each of the 3 background props

Built in DS3.1.2.24

Hope that covers all your questions :)

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    I've promised myself to stop buying anything this month... Then the Dystopian Worker Drones came up... My first render using a drone, well, not using it as a worker drone more like a *hm* guardian ;)

Nice render, it shows the drone nicely :)

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Day nineteen is here... and no, we aren't just tricking you with Surreality in there this time :)

edited December 1969

I am pc user. so DAZ installer make gimic which is right box?

ofcourse I can find it. in my case, the second one from top is rignt box for my pc

yeah, I get it. so I may say happy?

I hope daz employ more strict tester about every things.

installer.JPG
    696 x 134 - 20K
    edited December 1969

Any chance of getting a render of Modern Muses Summer on Genesis without an expression or interesting POV? Just "out of the box".

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited September 2012

*note to self: read posts more carefully before replying. :-)

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • Risika75Risika75 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

My PP2012 render with Surreality's Summer.. linking because of the peek-a-boo lace dress :P http://risika75.deviantart.com/#/d5f3vqq

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Any chance of getting a render of Modern Muses Summer on Genesis without an expression or interesting POV? Just "out of the box".

Here's one I did of MM Summer - Genesis V5 body version on the left (although it needs Genesis V4 for the head shape) and the Genesis V4 body version on the right.

MMSummer.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 226K
    edited December 1969

Thank you!!!!

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

So... The Elven Arcana for Genesis says it has poser material presets for the textures, is this actually true? Can someone tell me and can I actually install them in my poser runtimes instead of in my library?

edited December 1969

It's finally Surreality Day? :-)

My absolute favorite character artist!

Top pic is Okami

and then Chandra,

Epiphany,

Tanwen

and Ashe

X_Ashe01.jpg
    650 x 650 - 205K
    PP_Promo_-_Tanwen01.jpg
    850 x 650 - 244K
    PP_Promo_-_Epiphany01_CU.jpg
    650 x 650 - 260K
    PP_Promo_-_Chandra02.jpg
    650 x 650 - 175K
    PP_Promo_-_Archer.jpg
    850 x 650 - 206K
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited September 2012

Wow, to my surprise and for the first time in ages for a Surreality character, I just can't get excited about Summer. She's not really to my taste--too tan without actually being olive. But I'm not too upset; I picked up Marai and OkamiX. :D

Post edited by Zaarin on