Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.1.30! (HOTFIX - Release Candidate 3 - UPDATED)

13»

Comments

• wgdjohn said:

Regarding G3F loading with morphs. Is it possible to remove the morphs and save G3F as a character preset without them?

I am just trying to understand the question, so please keep that in mind.

Noting that Morphs only use memory when dialed, and once you have loaded a figure with your morphs into it once that list of morphs is cached, so it loads in almost the same time as a base G3F figure, why would you want to?

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    wgdjohn said:

Regarding G3F loading with morphs. Is it possible to remove the morphs and save G3F as a character preset without them?

Noting that Morphs only use memory when dialed, and once you have loaded a figure with your morphs into it once that list of morphs is cached, so it loads in almost the same time as a base G3F figure, why would you want to?

Correct. :)

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

It is because, wgdjohn  tried  to help  AlienRenders  problem.  to remove auto-applied morph (values) which should not be applied, about gensis3female base..

then thank you Spooky,, roll back nvidia driver work well for me,,,, then hope you test my bug  report too.

Because,, I  get answer,, from support ,, she and her team could  not reproduce my problem. I discribed all proccess. in this topic, too.

Request #213193

saved morphs as scene, can not auto follow correctly

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited March 2016
    wgdjohn said:

I was hoping to suggest a possible answer for AlienRenders' problems/woes. Perhaps AlienRender just needs to reset them or rather dial them out. I prefer they all be available myself and not removed.

I have dialed in morphs and saved the character in a scene. I wouldn't expect that the base figure, V4.2/G2/G3 would also retain any morphs dialed in since I'd think that they would be specific to that scene only. Am I correct?

Please excuse my being a bit Studio illiterate since I only been finally been devoting time to study it since late last year. I am a Carrara Pro user since before DAZ purchased Carrara from Eovia.

Hard to "keep that in mind"... one can peer into one ear and see out the other. :)

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    wgdjohn said:
    wgdjohn said:

I was hoping to suggest a possible answer for AlienRenders' problems/woes. Perhaps AlienRender just needs to reset them or rather dial them out. I prefer they all be available myself and not removed.

I have dialed in morphs and saved the character in a scene. I wouldn't expect that the base figure, V4.2/G2/G3 would also retain any morphs dialed in since I'd think that they would be specific to that scene only. Am I correct?

Please excuse my being a bit Studio illiterate since I only been finally been devoting time to study it since late last year. I am a Carrara Pro user since before DAZ purchased Carrara from Eovia.

Hard to "keep that in mind"... one can peer into one ear and see out the other. :)

Ah, for that, first thing to try is to flush hte cache. IN Preferences. under Genberal, DSON Cache Files push hte celar button. THe next time you load hte character, for example G3F, it will have to rebuild hte cache, which may take longer, but it may solve the issue. This presumes hte issue is not caused by improperly installing the files.

As far as morphs work, they work the same way, in Carrara 8.5 as they do in Daz Studio.

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 790
    edited March 2016

I cleared the cache. Didn't do anything. I then manually went in and deleted everything in the cache and temp folders. Still have the same problem. However, I did notice something curious. I have the first G3F selected, right? I then load another. The extra morphs aren't loaded onto the second G3F figure, but on the first one (ie. the one that is selected).

I looked at the cached duf file and while all the morphs are listed, their values are all zero in the Female.cache.dsf file. I also double checked the "Genesis 3 Female.duf" file and there are only 2 morphs set in there as per normal. I'm still trying to hunt down what is automatically setting morphs when loading a new figure while another one is selected. It's annoying beacuse I can't apply character settings on a pre-existing figure since these extraneous morphs also get applied.

edit: I just noticed that under the Keys tab in the properties affected, there is an entry with the value in question. So there is a keyframe being applied somehow. And I am getting a bunch of warnings about animation properties not found. 

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5676): Could not find property for animation: name://@selection#MCMCheekbonesSmall:?value/value

Any way to find out what animation this is? I hardly ever use animations. Hmmm... I think I bought a walk animation once. I'll see if I can find those and remove them.

edit2: I deleted the keyframe and the shape is restored to normal, but the keyframe is re-applied when I load another G3F even on a new scene. At least I feel I'm one step closer to figuring this out.

edit3: Ah... all morph settings are saved in key frames. So that doesn't appear to be it. Still, those animation warnings may be related.

Post edited by AlienRenders on
  • AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 790
    edited March 2016

Finally found it. Products by Deva3D @ rendo have animation settings in both the character and morph files. There should be no animation settings at all. I only had a few figures from Deva3D, but when I uninstalled them and cleared the cache, everything went back to normal. Not sure why animation settings would cause morphs to activate though when loading a completely unrelated figure.

Animation settings in one product should not affect other products. So basically, the animation settings in those products would automatically load even though I wasn't loading those figures at all. That seems like a somewhat serious bug that should be fixed. I have also emailed Rendo about this issue re Deva3D's animation settings being included in those products.

The only problem I have now is that any scene file created during the time I had this problem will cause the GUI to become nearly unresponsive until I clear the scene. So pretty much all my scene files of late are affected. Luckily, the official non-beta release does not have this problem.

Despite the trouble I went through to find this, I'm really happy to have a working copy of DAZ Studio again.

Post edited by AlienRenders on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

thanks AlianRenders,,your case is sitll complex for me,,but somehow I understand why it happend.

then the Key is not only use for timeframe animation, but also use to discribe ERC ,

eg,, morphA value which linked another morph B value,,  then valueA is animated by Value B as key value,,, )

I feel it is not animation  problem, but it show break ERC problem,, which caused wrong formulla in morph.dsf or the character.duf whid h

you get from rendo,,,

I make  Root directories  for Each shop proeducts,, , DIM, , DAZ connect,  and MYdirectory (which stored my saved files and my handmade  items,)

,after DAZ release DAZ connect thing,,   then it may help, when I get problem,, to find which product (or my file ) cause it..

(though it may not work about plug-ins ^^;)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited March 2016
    wgdjohn said:
    wgdjohn said:

Ah, for that, first thing to try is to flush hte cache. IN Preferences. under Genberal, DSON Cache Files push hte celar button. THe next time you load hte character, for example G3F, it will have to rebuild hte cache, which may take longer, but it may solve the issue. This presumes hte issue is not caused by improperly installing the files.

As far as morphs work, they work the same way, in Carrara 8.5 as they do in Daz Studio.

Where abouts is the cache stored?

EDIT:

Found this post:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204120273-How-to-Clear-the-DSON-Importer-Cache-for-the-DSON-Importer-Plugin-for-Poser

Post edited by nicstt on
  • vanishvanish Posts: 39

Is anyone else having troubles making Categories from certain products? In particular I know the Scary pose for the Dragon Skeleton refuses to show up in my Categories as does most of the High Fantasy product. I have tried using both the "Create category from..." option and the "Categorize" option and both ways leads to empty categories for these two products.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    vanish said:

Is anyone else having troubles making Categories from certain products? In particular I know the Scary pose for the Dragon Skeleton refuses to show up in my Categories as does most of the High Fantasy product. I have tried using both the "Create category from..." option and the "Categorize" option and both ways leads to empty categories for these two products.

What's the exact version number (Help > About Daz Studio)?  There was a bug in the early 4.9 versions involving categorizing Poser-format items.

• vanishvanish Posts: 39
    edited April 2016

Version 4.9.1.30 Public Build

Just tried it in the 4.9.1.30 release and I get the same result.

Post edited by vanish on
  • rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,180

New build cycle (4.9.2.x). New thread.

-Rob

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Thanks to all for the help.