Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.1.30! (HOTFIX - Release Candidate 3 - UPDATED)

Comments

• Something happened to the recent 4.9.1.30 update. It is unusable. Everything is extremely slow. You can see the menus and dropdown menus drawing and have to wait for them to "render" lol. Moving the camera in both opengl or iRay (I have an R9 290 for opengl and a Titan X for iRay) and it is incredibly slow. Rendering is fast, movement and anything UI related is just slow as mud. It's unusable. The non-beta is fine though.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

4.9.1.30 is working fine for me on Windows 10 64 bit.

• I'll try reinstalling then. It seems like the last update for the main (non-beta) app somehow messed things up for the beta app.

On a side note, I'm getting really slow load times for the base G3F figure in the main non-beta app. The weird thing is that other G3F characters load fairly quickly.

The released 4.9 caused me so many problems, I just won't even run that one any more. I don't have it installed anymore. The betas are much better for me. I can see that Daz is working hard to fix things. I hope you get it straightened out.

• Seems to be some morphs being applied that shouldn't be. Mostly the Genesis 3 Female Body Morph Resource Kit being automatically set to some preset values that keep messing things up. Other morphs are occasionally affected as well. If I have a character selected and I double click a character icon to add another character, the new character will have those morphs set to some preset and will also distort the figure making it really tall. This same effect also happens on some character injection files. Not sure what is going on anymore. This is happening in a new scene and existing scenes alike. 

Everything is messed up since an update that went out yesterday or the day before. Just tons of random issues.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

No problems like you're describing; what morphs, type and to what applied, are you experiencing?

Like Barbult, I shan't be upgrading to 4.9 non-beta.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited March 2016
    barbult said:

The released 4.9 caused me so many problems, I just won't even run that one any more. I don't have it installed anymore. The betas are much better for me. I can see that Daz is working hard to fix things. I hope you get it straightened out.

I had DS 4.8 along with DS 4.9 Beta... along came DS 4.9 and did away with 4.8 when I installed it. My fault for not backing it up first. Uninstalled 4.9 after never using it and now happily only use DS 4.9 Public Beta offline only.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

I see a new release of 4.9 is out now. It is probably much better than the first release.

I see it too but am not yet tempted by it... will have to find out before it is installed. I would hope that it is as good or better than the latest Beta.

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 789
    edited March 2016
    nicstt said:

No problems like you're describing; what morphs, type and to what applied, are you experiencing?

Like Barbult, I shan't be upgrading to 4.9 non-beta.

Start with completely new scene (just launched the app). Take anything like Victoria 7. Load her into the scene. No problem. Have her selected. Then load another figure. Can be anything. G3F base figure for example. The dialog will popup. Click on load new figure. Then the new figure will load, but with many presets already applied to some morphs. Usually the Genesis 3 Female Body Morph Resource Kit morphs but also some others. It's always the same values on the same morphs. Very annoying. This same thing will happen just by loading a figure by itself, but it's not all figures. A good portion of them.

I just tried loading G3F. It's more than just the body morph resource kit morphs. It's many of the main body morphs and lots of other morphs. When I load G3F, there are usually no morphs dialed in initially. Not anymore. I can do zero figure shape. But that doesn't fix my ability to load characters.

edit: I re-installed and the problem persists. Wonder if I didn't install something else that's messing with my default settings.

Post edited by AlienRenders on
  • So the log file is saying that on a newly launched app and I load the G3F base figure, these two morphs get loaded. They are set automatically to a non-zero value. What causes morphs to automatically load?

Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Loaded file: PHMMouthRealismHD.dsf
    Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Loaded file: PBMNavel.dsf

When I load a second G3F base figure, tons of other morphs are loaded with individual dials set to non-zero values. Where are the dial settings coming from?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Mouth Realism and Navel for G3F have always defaulted to 'On'...

And generally, the dials will load at the level they were saved at.

• Ok, that explains the initial two morphs. But pretty sure Legs Length doesn't default to 10.8% for example. So if zero is the default, where is the dial setting of 10.8% coming from when I load a second G3F base figure?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited March 2016

Hi AlienRenders.  about these 2 morphs should be auto loaded for default genesis3femal . when you load her from genesis3female.duf.

it is daz set-up, to show Genesis3female with these morph, when user filst load genesis3. maybe If you  check genesis3female.duf,

"current value" are discribed  like that, I feel. (but <default> value are set as zero in these two morph  dsf), then they are auto-applied .and show as "currently used" morph.

(though I do not think, it is good.   I hope,, when I load these base figures ,(not character made from base), genesis3female load without any morph,whiich apply value, because it easy cause trouble for user ,to make clean morph from zero shape, untill they find it. )

Then  I can not re-produce other problem which you mentioned above,, ,  but I have one  strange morph auto-follow problem (and at least one more user have same problem), and keep contact with support almost 3 weeks.. (I have send almost same image, same log file, again and again,, but thanks support, because she  keep contact for me and try to re-produce the problem to solve the problem)

so that I think, you may better, send support ticket with detail  and some images to re-produce the problem

( I understand  support can not believe it, because they can not re-produce,,, but as for me,, it must happen,, then I can not believe, why support and dev team,can not understand my problem ^^;)

Post edited by kitakoredaz on

Then can you show log file, when you load second genesis3?   if it load  some morph value,, I think they are discribed as log file.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    wgdjohn said:

I see it too but am not yet tempted by it... will have to find out before it is installed. I would hope that it is as good or better than the latest Beta.

The release is the same 4.9.1.30 you are talking about having, and using, as the beta. 

Spookey help me pleaaaase ^^;

After I set view port rendering mode, as realtime to check easy,, then save scene and close ds beta,,

now when I run ds 4.9 beta,, it always say erroer message, (driver breaked, )  and shut down. like my pic.

about ds 4.9 product version , there seems no problem.

Can I reset,, current 3d view setting?  I feel interective mode,, somehow conflict with new Nvidia driver,,

then ds keep the setting, (I do not set start file.)

Now I try to install new beta driver,, but it not remove my problem,,,

program.PNG
    1689 x 873 - 190K

Spookey help me pleaaaase ^^;

After I set view port rendering mode, as realtime to check easy,, then save scene and close ds beta,,

now when I run ds 4.9 beta,, it always say erroer message, (driver breaked, )  and shut down. like my pic.

about ds 4.9 product version , there seems no problem.

Can I reset,, current 3d view setting?  I feel interective mode,, somehow conflict with new Nvidia driver,,

then ds keep the setting, (I do not set start file.)

Now I try to install new beta driver,, but it not remove my problem,,,

Can you roll back the driver?

edited March 2016

Now I try to re-download nvidia drive, then clean install again,,,

but I have not installed beta-driver,, untill this problem happen.

(when I launch DAZ studio beta,, ds keep white 3d view, then I get message

about nvidia driver "break and return auto,,nivida carnel etc,,,"  then Windows 10 return the erroer message.  and only ds shut down.

then when I try to run ds 4.9 beta,, it finally shut down my PC once ^^;  

I feel some conflict problem of driver,, with ds 4.9 beta,, realtime mode,, I do not know ^^;  I really hope to cry this tiem,, ><

(erroer message is apanese  message,, I can not translate it well,,)

woo,,, I know some beta driver seems cause problem with multi monitor,,, but I have only use one monitor,, with two graphic card,

(and keep not use SLI mode,, for daz studio iray ><)  which version driver is best ?

for  windows 10 64 bit version,,  nvidia 980 titan graphic card,, ,, released from nvidia

driver.PNG
    475 x 481 - 22K
    pcsys.PNG
    502 x 230 - 10K
    edited March 2016

Now I try to re-download nvidia drive, then clean install again,,,

but I have not installed beta-driver,, untill this problem happen.

(when I launch DAZ studio beta,, ds keep white 3d view, then I get message

about nvidia driver "break and return auto,,nivida carnel etc,,,"  then Windows 10 return the erroer message.  and only ds shut down.

then when I try to run ds 4.9 beta,, it finally shut down my PC once ^^;  

I feel some conflict problem of driver,, with ds 4.9 beta,, realtime mode,, I do not know ^^;  I really hope to cry this tiem,, ><

(erroer message is apanese  message,, I can not translate it well,,)

woo,,, I know some beta driver seems cause problem with multi monitor,,, but I have only use one monitor,, with two graphic card,

(and keep not use SLI mode,, for daz studio iray ><)  which version driver is best ?

The one that worked before the update. :) Can you go back to that one? (NVIDIA usually has the previous several drivers on their site, available just for such a thing.)

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited March 2016

UUUUU,,, but it worked,, untill I just try to use realtime mode for 3d view draw setting for change actor pose easy, then I could,,

and save the cute girl  scene,,,    ^^; the problem suddenly happen,, when I launch ds 4.9 beta,,, only few mniutes later,,after save the scene.

And and,, I can open ds 4.9 product version without problem,, though the 3d view draw setting not as realtime,,

and not open the scene,, (I scared,,) ,,then now I test open the saved scene in ds 4.9 product version,,

(with keep photoreal mode,, in 3d view draw setting,,) it work,,,but can not launch ds 4.9 beta,,

and,, now I can get SS,, the driver message,,,  I do not know what cause this problem for beta version only.

"Kernel mode driver version 364.51 stop responding, but Recoverly Normal"

Not recover normal at all !!   ><+ +

(no start up scene,, but maybe keep setting of 3D view,, with aux view port,,)

beta.PNG
    1427 x 1027 - 247K
    edited March 2016

and,,Uninstall this beta once, then reset all setting of Nvidia driver, not remove my problem..

I  see same problem about recent nvidia beta and whql of  364.51 ..   TDR  is what ><;

the linked help not give me clear answer,, I need to tweak registry?

TDR.PNG
    562 x 416 - 13K
    edited March 2016

clean uninstall, and install 364.51 not work for me,, and test with other drivers,, 

then  when I re-install old driver 361.91  can remove this problem. cheeky(I actually set as draw setting as interective mode for iray about beta,,,) 

now I can launch current beta,, but,, maybe I need to take care,, when use interective mode.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,586

Oooh, and I was going to download new beta. Man am I glad people post problems on this website. Saves me some headaches. Still using 4.8 which works like a charm and am using the last beta 4.9: from before this one ; )

• stefan.humsstefan.hums Posts: 130

I always wonder why people think it's a must, always to install the newest drivers. If a system is running without problems, why change it?

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 789
    edited March 2016

Then can you show log file, when you load second genesis3?   if it load  some morph value,, I think they are discribed as log file.

It just lists all the morphs that are modified. I need to figure out how to stop these from being loaded. However, I do have some other warnings about target morphs not found and a whole bunch about animation properties when I load the first G3F figure.

I re-installed the app and also the G3F essentials. Still have the same problems.

Post edited by AlienRenders on

Regarding G3F loading with morphs. Is it possible to remove the morphs and save G3F as a character preset without them?

Regarding having the latest Driver. This didn't seem to help for me. I reported a problem to Support, probably in Nov/Dec, for a problem of DAZ Stuio 4.9 Beta and Carrara reporting Not Responding in their upper window bar next to program name upon loading. Even sent my log file along with the request. It was suggeted that I install the latest Driver for graphic card. This appeared to work at first. After using for a week or less the problem started again. Now I get the same Not Responding  problem not only at startup by even when trying to work with DAZ Studio Beta latest, possibly previous versions even using the program after it has loaded. This is not during a render but when setting up a scene and loading chars, hair etc, and changing other things. I've not kept a list of what I was doing at the time but will next time this occurs. Note I only have 1 graphic card.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    wgdjohn said:

Regarding G3F loading with morphs. Is it possible to remove the morphs and save G3F as a character preset without them?

Regarding having the latest Driver. This didn't seem to help for me. I reported a problem to Support, probably in Nov/Dec, for a problem of DAZ Stuio 4.9 Beta and Carrara reporting Not Responding in their upper window bar next to program name upon loading. Even sent my log file along with the request. It was suggeted that I install the latest Driver for graphic card. This appeared to work at first. After using for a week or less the problem started again. Now I get the same Not Responding  problem not only at startup by even when trying to work with DAZ Studio Beta latest, possibly previous versions even using the program after it has loaded. This is not during a render but when setting up a scene and loading chars, hair etc, and changing other things. I've not kept a list of what I was doing at the time but will next time this occurs. Note I only have 1 graphic card.

Yes.

Load the character - change its morphs to what you want, then save as a subset, for example.

You could create a script to load it, if the subset you create is in a folder accessible by Daz, or just load it as you would any other.

I have a number of Custom folders with items in them that I use in this way.

You could also save as a character preset, instead of chosing subset - I just prefer subset, although it does take up a little more disk space.

Thanks for confirming and mentioning custom folders which is where I keep all my user scenes, presets etc. Will have to try both methods already have character preset will see if I like subset better.

edited March 2016

mmmm,,,, Usually, when we see auto-applied morph problem,, it must happen about all same character.duf.

if it happen about second loaded  G3F  ,  it should happen first loaded G3F too.. without you use different character preset, or overwritten  scene subset.

then Alienrenders  case seems somehow special. indecision  

And  If those problem morphs change default and current value,  and  were  saved  as  each morph.dsf,,so that they are auto applied,,  the way to overwrite character preest may only work about the character(or subset).duf.

when you load other character which use same base,,,  it still load these problem morphs.    Usually genesis3female.duf, which packaged in  genesis3female starter kit.,  discribe only few morph value ( like, naval, or HD mouse) , and may better not change them. to solve morph applied problem,, we usually need to find problem morphs, and change  default, and current value,,, about each problem morph.dsf ,,,  (by editor,, or ovwrite them from daz studio..)

about character.duf,, even though  it was overwritten,, and cause problem ,,  should be easy re-installed clean one.

I know,,  user will re-install genesis3starter essentials when they first see auto-applied morph problem.(but main reason is usually,, in morph.dsf,, so that usually,, tweak genesis3female.duf (character)  can not  completely remove this problem)